Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Job Search

Options
  • 14-06-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I thought it would be a good idea for the people of Limerick to put up any jobs available around Limerick becuase alot of people looking for summer jobs that may not be advertised on fas. So if you see any Staff wanted signs in shops post it up on here.

Vivo on the south circular road are looking for staff and also the new night club near the market are currently taking on alot of bar and floor staff..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Actually I think it would be a good idea for a sticky thread for this forum. It would be handy for those looking for work, full time or part time, plus it could be useful for Boardsies from other counties that may be moving to Limerick for good or for college etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

I'm leaving my post as AV technician for AVC, anyone who's good with AV, sound, lighting etc are free to try out for it by contacting my boss John at 0862446334

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

thnx neway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Kess73 wrote: »
    Actually I think it would be a good idea for a sticky thread for this forum. It would be handy for those looking for work, full time or part time, plus it could be useful for Boardsies from other counties that may be moving to Limerick for good or for college etc.

+1

I'm currently looking for evening / weekend work, lorrying out cvs and no joy :mad:

don't get why folk can't just say thanks but no thanks at least!!!

anyone hear of anything else going in the limerick area please pm me

I've posted an ad in the jobs wanted section as well x m

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Petmania out beside the Jetland are looking for an assistant manager, and Jack & Jones in the crescent shopping centre are looking for an assistant manager, as are the Omniplex cinema there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

The Bagel Factory on Thomas St have a staff wanted sign in their window as of this lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The Bagel Factory on Thomas St have a staff wanted sign in their window as of this lunchtime.

Is Steve still running that? Hes a good guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Jumpy wrote: »
    Is Steve still running that? Hes a good guy.

Don't know any names, just pop in there from time to time. The staff seem to be the same, one very tall guy and one dark haired girl, both late 20's ish. They seem friendly enough and the Bagels are good if a little over priced.

I prefer the Sandwich Shop across the road, if you're getting any sambo you can get a bowl of soup for an extra Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Kess73 wrote: »
    Petmania out beside the Jetland are looking for an assistant manager, and Jack & Jones in the crescent shopping centre are looking for an assistant manager, as are the Omniplex cinema there.

The hours for the Omniplex are fairly bad. Used to do 11am-10pm's and 3pm-1am's there the whole time when i worked there. That was on top of college too. Handy enough job though really (the manager one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

the jack jones shop / havana in authors quay are looking for full and part time staff, penneys are looking for staff that are available to work all hours next month they will be looking for part time staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ash88

IM LOOKING FOR A JOB MONDAY-THURSDAY AFTER 6PM
    AND SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS ANYTIME UP UNTIL 8PM

IS OMNIPLEX ANY GOOD TO WORK?

ANY BAR/PUB/RESTAURANT/HOTEL/CAFE IN LIMERICK LOOKING FOR STAFF?

LET ME KNOW THANKS
    ASH FROM LIMERICK

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Print out CVs and visit pubs,restaurants,etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Is there a place where you can post regarding job vacancies or will this thread do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ash88

ive done that...for the last 10months!!!
    everyday i send 100emails to jobs,recruitment agencies,etc,,,
    i walk around limerick for hours and hand in cv's and hear nothing back!!
    am i wasting my time,shud i go on the dole???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 irishman2008

jobs have become very scarce in the past few months..instead of jobs going theres jobs getting lost, but the best way to find a job is check the FAS website everyday as its constantly updated and also irishjobs.ie seem to be a good places to look, usually a fair amount of jobs listed on the site.Hope it helps someone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Looking for a job myself.

I must admit im finding it pretty tough.

Im a student up in dublin and if i can't get a part time job in Limerick ill probably have to go with Dublin, which would suck because i would have to spend christmas up there on my own :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 irishman2008

wel limerickdude just to let you know BBs are looking for part time people in Limerick..any job will probaly do at this time with the recession and all the crap happening lately, wont be long till all the foreigners start fleeing the country when they realise all the moneys gone. You can bet Poland will be one of the richest countries in Europe in the next few years with the amount of the population that came and will return home from Ireland, with their pockets bulging with the cash. They are very good workers though, have to hand it to them.

Advertisement