Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a new car

Options
  • 14-06-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,
    I'm buying a new car in th next few weks. Most prices shown are ex. delivery and related charges which are usually €1000 approx.
    The list price of the car i want is €29995ex. delivery and related charges.
    These charges will bring the car above my budget of €30000. Does anyone have any experience in buying a car where the dealer does a bargin and sells for the list price??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

In my experience very few people pay full list price. Deals can nearly always be done. Are you trading in or buying straight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

What cars are you looking at? We should be able to give you a steer as to how much discount you can expect.

Is your budget a REALLY strict E30k? Don't forget you'll probably have to budget for things like metallic paint etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 istabraq1000

I'm trading a Mazda 6 c/w FSH for a Mazda 6. My budget is strict as the new VRT rates have brought the car price down to within my budget. I'm not too pushed about metallic paint.

Would the trade in be a help or a hindrance?

Advertisement