Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Station

Options
  • 14-06-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering what happened with the mural at the bus station? I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday and today half the wall was knocked.
    It just seems like a huge waste as lots of effort obviously went into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You mean the mural with the picture of the bus driver helping the woman onto a bus but that actually looks like he's doing something bad to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

That's a shame. I remember seeing the artists working on it a few years back, seems like such a waste after all their effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Yeah that's the one! It looked amazing so it's a pity it's been knocked. Half of it is still there including the most impressive part IMO of the Taj Mahal postcard. The detail is amazing on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

where was the mural?never seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dammit, you can't see the bus driver doing bad things to the old lady in that picture.

Can't believe it's gone! I haven't been to the bus station in about a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I noticed this aswell yesterday..couldn't believe it. It's all gone as far as that lamp-post on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DanCorb

It's a travesty. Now what will we do while waiting for delayed buses? So much effort wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

That's a real shame.
    Anyone know the reason for knocking the wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

There's building work of some sort going on behind it.

• Advertisement

Not much of it left now, took this pic on Wednesday. Any idea what they are doing there?

Image096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It wasn't the nicest :S I'd imagine it's the same guy who did the Mutton Lane too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

no its not the same style...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

I liked it, it was better than a plain old boaring wall. Hopefully it will be redone, but I doubt it.

The Mutton Lane one is much better, I adore that piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

yeah, there's a few more recognizable characters on there.. not a bad place to spend an evening out either..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

of all the places I thought that wouldn't change while I was at home for the summer,it's the bus station!it's going to be odd when I do see it for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

A company called Oyster Developments are planning to put some offices and retail back there.

They are a Kerry company and they are knocking a mural of Sean Og, terrible. They're the same crowd that want to redevelop the temporary courthouse across from the Opera House.

Shame about the mural but I'm not sure they could have gotten around it. It was commissioned by the Triskel, two Scottish artists I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

its a shame alright. Made the place a lot brighter and nicer looking

A company called Oyster Developments are planning to put some offices and retail back there.

They are a Kerry company and they are knocking a mural of Sean Og, terrible. They're the same crowd that want to redevelop the temporary courthouse across from the Opera House.

Shame about the mural but I'm not sure they could have gotten around it. It was commissioned by the Triskel, two Scottish artists I think.

Cheers for the info.

It is a shame, saw it again tonight and it looks quite drab. It brightened up the place a bit anyway.

Yes, it was indeed two Scottish artists, along with help from two others. I had heard about how much it cost and thinking that it was a waste now...can't remember the exact figure right now.

Advertisement