Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston Station to DUB Airport?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi there, perhaps the natives might give me a clue as how to go about this, as a Munster fella I'm not too familiar with our fair capital :eek: and only go there the odd time we make it to croker and to visit the odd sick relative in hospital:pac:

Ok, story is, unfortunately I will have to transit through Dublin Airport and I need advice on getting there.
    My flight won't be till around 2pm and I plan to arrive into Heuston train station at 9pm and ideally make to the airport by 11 and 12 the latest.

My plan is catch the luas to either Abbey street or Busarus and take a bus from either O'Connell Street or Busarus to the Airport. Aircoach's site is very vague and while it says from the Airport to City Centre it says nothing about the reverse. Dublin Bus also has services but their buses aren't very luggage friendly as I would have a pullalong and the usual laptop etc. Making it an akward and cumbersome journey.

The ideal situation would be a Taxi from Heuston to the Airport, but I fear the US federal reserve may not be even able to pay them not a mind me. (what would a taxi cost from Heuston to Airport?)

Any help with this would be great as I am in my travel planning stage now and am kinda dreading Dublin as the last time I flew in there (on connecting flight) it was a nightmare resembling a sardine can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

If you're not in a rush, the cheapest & easiest way would be to get the 748 bus directly to the airport for E6
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Dublin%20Airport&SelectedRoute=748

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I agree - 748 is your best bet.

It would be madness getting a bus into the centre and getting another to the airport.
    mumhaabu wrote: »
    Aircoach's site is very vague and while it says from the Airport to City Centre it says nothing about the reverse
    From 5am to 1am they run every 15 minutes or so, (every hour between 1am and 5am) so you don't really need a timetable.
    Dublin Bus also has services but their buses aren't very luggage friendly as I would have a pullalong and the usual laptop etc. Making it an akward and cumbersome journey.
    The 748 would be reasonably luggage friendly and if you are boarding in Heuston it should be easier than along the route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Thanks for the prompt reply fellas! I'll probably take that bus if I decide to fly from Dublin.

Advertisement