Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This thread doesn't deserve a title

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Alicat wrote: »
    Ditto for my mum, my brother and my two neighbours :pac:

We cant possibly fail with a reputation like that :pac:

But it doesn't half put the pressure on us!:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cazlou wrote: »
    But it doesn't half put the pressure on us!:o:D
    ya's all will be grand, just practice your bras off :P

i tell ya Dublin is a breeze to drive in comparison to Rome.

Cremo wrote: »
    ya's all will be grand, just practice your bras off :P

i tell ya Dublin is a breeze to drive in comparison to Rome.

OoOOH Cripes!! Rome traffic is MADNESS!!! Did you actually drive in it??:eek: or were you an observer? We had great craic playing 'should we race across the road right now or hold off for another break'
    :p

i drove in it, it was great (although i wouldn't do it again), because you just went around using your indicator then pull into lanes without using mirrors then use your horn all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Tragedy wrote: »
    Been out four times this week(thats more times than I was out in all of May) so today was my day of rest. I rested by going for an hour long cycle and dozing in bushy park listening to music for a while, now I'm waiting for the emersion to heat up before I hop in the bath with a book, afterwards its ben&jerrys and the new futurama movie.

I'm a guy :(

ELABORATE!

• Advertisement

i drove in it, it was great (although i wouldn't do it again), because you just went around using your indicator then pull into lanes without using mirrors then use your horn all the time.

Now that'd just terrify me!:(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

ok that as a load of crap my little drunk buzz is gone, back to being all responsible!

Who wants to be banned? And driving in rome is unreal, you take your life in your hands every time you cross the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Jules drink more. Come, drink with me.
    Vodka ok for you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Ah *bliss* baths are nais :D

@ kowloon, I have this to watch :)

I'm learning to drive at the mo, but not with lessons. Dad taking me on the roads when its quiet = fun... not! :) Hate driving, responsibility sucks

Jules wrote: »
    ok that as a load of crap my little drunk buzz is gone, back to being all responsible!

Who wants to be banned? And driving in rome is unreal, you take your life in your hands every time you cross the road?

I know Jules, me too! Tiredness just kicked in and the alcohol's having zero affect :(

My mam was terrified that her two darlings were going to be runover in rome as we went about a week or so after the two Irish girls were killed in a hit&run, but if you live your life fearing that something that happened to someone else would happen to you, sure you'd never go out the front door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i'm gonna beg my pappy to take me out driving this week. it'll be hilarious at first, then the shouting will begin. the shouting will be followed swiftly by frustration on everyone's part, then there shall be tears and anger! driving's gonna be fuuuuun! i'm friggin starving but the chinese is closed... and i don't know what i want to eat.

I was turning up stocking lane(its like a 130degree right turn against traffic) and it was only my first time out on the road, there was an oncoming car+a car waiting to turn once i passed so i locked the steering and accelerated fast, with my dad screaming "FEED THE WHEEL KEVIN FEED THE DAMN WHEEL IT WONT COME BACK TO YOU UNLESS YOU FEED IT".

He was right, if there had have been two cars waiting i would have hit the second one :o

Now, off to fetch ice cream for moveh :D

right i'm off to fall asleep to the mighty boosh, enjoy whatever ya's get up to for the rest of the wee hours.

Ah *bliss* baths are nais :D

@ kowloon, I have this to watch :)

I'm learning to drive at the mo, but not with lessons. Dad taking me on the roads when its quiet = fun... not! :) Hate driving, responsibility sucks
    fonpokno wrote: »
    i'm gonna beg my pappy to take me out driving this week. it'll be hilarious at first, then the shouting will begin. the shouting will be followed swiftly by frustration on everyone's part, then there shall be tears and anger! driving's gonna be fuuuuun! i'm friggin starving but the chinese is closed... and i don't know what i want to eat.
    I was turning up stocking lane(its like a 130degree right turn against traffic) and it was only my first time out on the road, there was an oncoming car+a car waiting to turn once i passed so i locked the steering and accelerated fast, with my dad screaming "FEED THE WHEEL KEVIN FEED THE DAMN WHEEL IT WONT COME BACK TO YOU UNLESS YOU FEED IT".

He was right, if there had have been two cars waiting i would have hit the second one :o

Now, off to fetch ice cream for moveh :D

Ya see THESE ^ are why I'd rather fork out the money and do it properly. Although my Dad and I are grand in the car together, my mam is a NIGHTMARE, and so, if Dad was giving me lessons she'd be getting stroppy if she didn't have a say too - so it's safer (for both me AND my Dad) for an instructor to do the job!

My mother also almost creamed my car the other day - IN OUR GARDEN!!!:mad:

right i'm off to fall asleep to the mighty boosh, enjoy whatever ya's get up to for the rest of the wee hours.

Night night Cremo!

what in the name of god does feed the wheel mean??

night cremo!

@cazlou - the parents have given the two older sisters driving lessons at some point or another all of which end in fierce arguments especially when both parents are in the car. highly entertaining to witness. so i figure its my destiny to suffer them at some point too!

bring biscuits or chocolate fonpokno, that's all I can tell you.

night cremo!

Err well.... feeding the wheel is turning the wheel without crossing your hands, you let it FEED through your fingers from one hand to the other..... does that make ANY kind of sense??:o:D

EDIT: Tragedy gave a better answer - Dammit! :p

night cremo!

@cazlou - the parents have given the two older sisters driving lessons at some point or another all of which end in fierce arguments especially when both parents are in the car. highly entertaining to witness. so i figure its my destiny to suffer them at some point too!
    feed the wheel means you have your hands on the wheel at that "10 to 2" position and you don't move your hands from that position so when it comes to a turn you slide the wheel through your grip. that's the best way i can describe it using words ;)

night fonpokno :)

*edit* it's getting a bit chilly here tbh

feed the wheel means you have your hands on the wheel at that "10 to 2" position and you don't move your hands from that position so when it comes to a turn you slide the wheel through your grip. that's the best way i can describe it using words ;)

night fonpokno :)

*edit* it's getting a bit chilly here tbh

Chilly??? And I said Night first - where's my night?!:mad::p

• Advertisement

Cazlou wrote: »
    Chilly??? And I said Night first - where's my night?!:mad::p
    yes it's getting a bit cold.

i actually didn't see your's you'll get a good night caz, just to make up for it.

ohhhh i understand! maybe you people should touch teach me to drive in theory. who says i ever need to actually touch a car to learn! the interweb is all i'll ever need....

yes it's getting a bit cold.

i actually didn't see your's you'll get a good night caz, just to make up for it.

Aww shucks!:o
    ohhhh i understand! maybe you people should touch teach me to drive in theory. who says i ever need to actually touch a car to learn! the interweb is all i'll ever need....

Errr......wellllll......ummm.....
    maybe not quite!:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Now THAT's pressure Caz! :pac:

haha its ok i'll just never drive! i can just have people deliver things to me all the time. i dont completely hate dublin bus yet so its all good!

haha its ok i'll just never drive! i can just have people deliver things to me all the time. i dont completely hate dublin bus yet so its all good!

But you will! Don't let it get to that stage! I'm there already!

Now THAT's pressure Caz! :pac:

:eek:Not pressure - sheer Lunacy!!!:D

But you will! Don't let it get to that stage! I'm there already!

well ive been using them at least twice a day at least 6days a week for well over a yearat this stage and i'm not ragin yet! altho i only have two early starts on weekdays for work... hmmm... i;m goin back to college the year after next so i'll start to hate them then!

well ive been using them at least twice a day at least 6days a week for well over a yearat this stage and i'm not ragin yet! altho i only have two early starts on weekdays for work... hmmm... i;m goin back to college the year after next so i'll start to hate them then!

Oh you will hate them when college starts back. I don't mind the bus in the middle of the day, it's grand. It's the traffic in the mornings, and the bus is packed, and havin to get up in time for the friggin thing :mad:

• Advertisement

i love getting the bus :o

Maybe its cycling through wind/rain/hailstones/snow last winter to and from work in the dark? :)

Advertisement