Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin, 15th June

Options
  • 14-06-2008 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Just heading out now but if anyone is on for a spin tomorrow morning, I'll be heading out Wicklow Way - Enniskerry to Roundwood, Laragh and then up to Sally Gap- with the aim of retrieving my water bottle. Doubt I will be heading out before 10am but probably before 11 ;-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Blorg, How did you get on with the bottle? Read your previous post (thanks for kind words!) and sorry but I giggled when I read you'd found and then re-lost the bottle. I don't know, but it could be Karma - or like the Ancient Mariner (or Captain Ahab?), you are cursed to cycle around Wicklow forever in search of the elusive bottle....
    As for me, I'm cursed with this new knee issue. Will experiment with set up over the weekend on the trainer and see what I come up with. I really enjoyed the first part of the spin but when the knee went, it took the good out of it. Ah well. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm afraid by the time I got around to it on Sunday I checked the distance and reckoned I didn't have time- so me and my bottle are still separated! Enjoyed our spin myself too, will be getting out on a few of these Saturday spins going forward.

Look after the knee though, you don't want to make it worse. If it is still bad I'd go see a doctor or physio as well as checking cleat position, etc. Another alternative would be Paul Tansey above Joe Daly's shop in Dundrum. He's a chiropractor and while I'm not sure they do much beyond the back in general the man would certainly know a thing or two about cycling and related injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

OK that's grand. Am getting better but getting up still hurts so will read up about the bike/ cleat set up before I give it a go on the bike.

Advertisement