Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booting trouble

• 14-06-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi all. I've had to use the recovery program on my packard bell easynote recently. All went well until reboot. Windows now only boots in safe mode. I loaded on a registry scanner & it reported back over 300 issues with the registry. So i used the recovery program again but to no avail. Still boots in safe mode only. Is there anything that can be done or a download i can apply? Its winXP. SP2. I've had the recovery disks checked but they are fine. Can't find anyhting on windows knowledge base or the manufacturers website which only advises to use the recovery console.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

When you boot, keep pressing the F8 key. Do you get the option to boot normally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

screen appears with start windows normally, safe boot, safe boot with networking etc, etc, . When start normally is selected it just reboots over & over. Safe boot allows access but then reports everything is working normally.... it's a pain in the arse...

Advertisement