Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dublin on a Monday...?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering, has anyone got some good suggestions for things to do in Dublin on a Monday?

Since I moved back to Dublin a couple of years ago I've been working Tuesday to Saturday so I have Sundays and Monday off.

I actually find Mondays to be quite boring in Dublin as all my friends are off in work and I've no great ideas for stuff to do. I'm sure there is loads of things I could be doing if I knew where to go (and got out of bed early enough). Most Mondays I just sleep in, go for a jog and do the weekly shop - not very exciting.

One thing I've tried recently visiting both the National History Museum on the quays and the Modern Art place in Kilmainham. I've never been in either but both are bloody well closed on Mondays. I guess their staff work the same days as me...

Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions for things to on a Monday in Dublin....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They might know on the Dublin board.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You could come out to the Lighthouse Cinema with some other boardsies this monday!

I organise a movie club during the week as well.

(see my sig)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Play some sport. Everyone loves sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Play some sport. Everyone loves sport.

Yup, and like most of the enjoyable things in life - it requires other people :)

Dublin Indoor Sports or Gumtree Sports Partners are good places to find a team/events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Some of the museums are opened on Monday. Take a trip up to the Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle. It is open on Mondays. Do a general walk around the city. There are plenty of places that I am sure you've never had a really close look at. Go into the tourist offices and see what is in there about the various places in Dublin. Be a tourist in your own city. It is something that few of us really do properly. Do one of the bus tours or the Viking Splash Tour or the Liffey Boat tour.

You could also get out a bit from the city. You could go to the likes of Dún Laoghaire or Howth, on your own steam or do one of the formal tours to places like Newgrange or Glendalough. Again check the tourist offices.
    Especially at this time of year, there is always plenty to do. Or you could just have a lie in, watch the box or come in here and surf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Monday the 16th of June, tomorrow, is Bloom's Day, so there will be plenty going on around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Get pissed on the Sunday night, and sleep out Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Start Judo.

Portmarnock Leisure Center @ 7:00pm.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Go out to Dun Laoghaire and walk the pier if the weather is nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

toffeeman wrote: »

One thing I've tried recently visiting both the National History Museum on the quays and the Modern Art place in Kilmainham. I've never been in either but both are bloody well closed on Mondays. I guess their staff work the same days as me...

not trying to nitpick but the NHM was never on the quays. It's currently closed and was situated in merrion square. i'm trying to think of what musuem is on the quays, perhaps the one beside the luas?

Early bird cinema? Bowling?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's the Natural History Museum.

He could mean the National Museum at Collins Barracks... it's the closest museum to the quays that I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

That's the Natural History Museum.

He could mean the National Museum at Collins Barracks... it's the closest museum to the quays that I can think of.

sorry i misread his post! how silly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

A nice walk on a beach somewhere. Weather has been holding up pretty well we are doing alright this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Go out to The Globe pub and then to Ri ra, always busy on a Monday for strictly handbag. Also, a load of bars organise nights on Mondays because so many people work weekends, particularly bar staff.

Advertisement