Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario fanclub (Irish branch)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

After the initial cries of Dickhead! this Mario chap is growing on me- he's just so stupid you can't but help like him:pac:

And his managerial skills make Sun Tsu's Art of War look like a kiddies colouring book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

RATM wrote: »
    After the initial cries of Dickhead! this Mario chap is growing on me- he's just so stupid you can't but help like him:pac:

And his managerial skills make Sun Tsu's Art of War look like a kiddies colouring book.

Same feelings as that... He's getting funnier all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

joe_swanson.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

joe_swanson.gif

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Love mario..Billy bullshiner..haha. ah he's a classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Can't believe he nominated Rex and Mo after how he behaved towards them. One step forward, two steps back...

Can't believe he nominated Rex and Mo after how he behaved towards them. One step forward, two steps back...

Not really. He has always had issues with Rex and his arrogance, nominating him came as no suprise.

Mo might seem a little strange for a nom, but if what Mario says is true, then it's a valid reason (just a pity it wasn't shown on highlights, but I know rex also flipped at Mo at one stage during that task for doing something similar). He probably knew that Jen (who he probably wanted to vote for) was a guarantee to be up and that whether he voted for her or not was moot, so this way he managed to air out his issues with Mo in a non bitchy way (i.e. randomly coming into the diary room like Luke does and moan).

At the end of the day, BB is all about game-playing and wot not, and nominations are central to that. You have to take them with a pinch of salt. However, what happened the other night was a real situation, and not a game. In that instance, Mario stood up for what he believed and showed himself to be a real person, with proper principals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

:confused::confused::confused:

That's who he looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

But does anyone know why Mario voted for Mohammed? I only saw the highlights.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

After watching Mario on last nights episode, he has gone right down in my estimations and you know what? He is going to have to live with that...

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    But does anyone know why Mario voted for Mohammed? I only saw the highlights.

For a health and safety breach, he had no choice really :D

During the blind task, when some housemates were wearing goggles, Mo was repeatedly poking them with a stick (to their annoyance) and then was throwing water around. Mario thought it was irresponsible to be throwing water around when people were wearing goggles, and then to top it all off, Mo never moped it up, and Lisa had to do it. Mario was none to pleased with these repeated health and safety breaches, and he went in to facilitator mode.

As I said in another post, I reckon Mario had it sussed that Jen would be up (someone who he probably wants gone), so he decided to use his vote to voice his disapproval of Mo's actions, rather than vote for Jen who would have already had enough votes to be up for eviction.

Oh right. Thanks Charlie.

PML @ video:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Dyflin wrote: »
    After watching Mario on last nights episode, he has gone right down in my estimations and you know what? He is going to have to live with that...

Classic line. I thought it was hilarious

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

What a nasty person Mario is turning out to be, he's every bit as bitchy as the nasties. He has a really vindictive streak, but is also quite a coward, always getting someone else to do the dirty work. Plus he seems to have a huge inferiority complex with Rex. Boo Mario :mad:

Oh boo Mario indeed! :(

He's giving out about Rex, giving out about Rachel, giving out about Kat (for goodness sake). Didn't notice the inferiority complex myself - but maybe so. Just seems so self confident....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

l have noticed him doing that , but at the same time
    they are all allowed an opinion and Mario come's across
    as just giving his opinion.
    SO not like "THE WEASLE":mad:

Super M is just hedging his bets.

To anyone in the house, if jen stays, that group will be perceived as being uber dominant, and anyone who is not seen as pandering to them will be potential nominee targets. Mario knows this, and is hedging his bets by not wanting to get on their bad side. He has seen how they turn on people so quickly.

It's easy for us as we know Jen will definitely be a goner, but to those inside the house, it's not so clear.

To anyone in the house, if jen stays, that group will be perceived as being uber dominant, and anyone who is not seen as pandering to them will be potential nominee targets. Mario knows this, and is hedging his bets by not wanting to get on their bad side. He has seen how they turn on people so quickly.

It's easy for us as we know Jen will definitely be a goner, but to those inside the house, it's not so clear.

You so have him sussed.
    He is like BB in the house.:D

You must be watching a different episode to the one I am? :confused:

He was trying to get two house mates to deliberately antagonise fellow house mates, we all give out about Luke, but it's Mario that's his bitching buddy.

You call it "hedging his bets", I call it playing the game and he's every bit as big a player as any other person in there.

l am usually quick to spot people in the house doing
    that ,but for some reason l can't see it in Mario.
    Mabey its because l am not seeing enough of the
    live feed.
    l really did not like him at the start , but l think
    he is Brill now.
    Hope he is in the final.:D

• Advertisement

You must be watching a different episode to the one I am? :confused:

He was trying to get two house mates to deliberately antagonise fellow house mates, we all give out about Luke, but it's Mario that's his bitching buddy.

You call it "hedging his bets", I call it playing the game and he's every bit as big a player as any other person in there.

Nearly everyone in there has a game plan (bar Kat probably) it's just some game plans are more devious than others.

At the moment, yes Mario has bitched with Luke, but like I said I think he is hedging his bets. He knows that Luke is the real eyes and ears of the Whisper Club, and if he keeps Luke onside, then he doesn't have to worry about being nomed by them.

Also, by using Luke as an intermediary, he is able to gauge what that groups plans are, without having to really associate himself with them or get involved with them on a day to day basis. He knows Luke goes back and forth between groups, he is merely using this to his advantage (as oppossed to Luke using it for his perceived advantage)

When it has counted, and when it has mattered, he has shown his true colours and stood up against people acting despicably against others.

I think it will be very interesting to see his reaction to Rex when Jen is booted out to a calamitous reception. So much back-pedalling he'll be a health and safety nightmare!

"I could run this place on my head, eyes shut, half asleep. But I’ve chosen to stand back because it’s a game." Really Mr Zookeeper?

I think it will be very interesting to see his reaction to Rex when Jen is booted out to a calamitous reception. So much back-pedalling he'll be a health and safety nightmare!

But he has never treated Rex badly, certainly not in the way the likes of Dale, Stu, and Bex have. sure, he doesn't like his arrogance and bragging about wealth, but he has never been malicious to him, excluded him, gang up on him when others are kicking him.

There will be no back peddling as he hasn't taken a proper stance yet. Once Friday comes, he will know what group the public are backing. i don't expect him to start bum licking Rex's group (it's not his style, but I can see Dale and Stu doing a fair bit of it), but I will then expect him to steer clear of the other group as it will be confirmed to him that the public don't like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy01

I really didn't like Mario at the beginning but I find myself hoping he will make one of his stellar comments on the show each night. He is hilarious (obviously without realising it), he is obviously really dumb but completely harmless! I think it could be him or Lisa to win it. I really can't pick a winner out of the rest of them... They are so thick. Jen think's she is an authority on life just because she has a child..Dale can barely string a sentence together without saying 'Like' and 'do ya know what i mean'..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

It's strange, I thought the whole idea of the couple being thrown in, was so that the big lug head Mario could oggle young girls and then Lisa go bunny boiler...on the contrary, I don't think they've had one fight!
    And Mario is growing more and more on me, just like a fungus! He's so obsessed with his health and safety! It's so awwww and himself and the missus seem to take care of Mikey, especially when shoes are left about!

WHAT A TWO FACED PILLOCK!!!!

The Kat crying episode and when she left the room, then it's safe for Mario to bleat on about how she's pathetic and needs to grow up and stop acting like a child.

And when she returns, no problem Kat, you're just being yourself Kat, everything's fine Kat.

Once again, two faced bitching coward. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The Kat crying episode and when she left the room, then it's safe for Mario to bleat on about how she needs to grow up and stop acting like a child.

And when she returns, no problem Kat, you're just being yourself Kat, everything's fine Kat.

I'm sure he made a thorough assessment of the situation before making those remarks.

The Kat crying episode and when she left the room, then it's safe for Mario to bleat on about how she's pathetic and needs to grow up and stop acting like a child.

We all slated Jen for crying over a smudged painting, yet when Kat cries on an hourly basis, over situations that have nothing to do with her, she gets off scott free. I'm not havin that mate.

I notice everyones favourite Rex isn't getting mentioned even though he agreed with Mario and Lisa.

you made me laugh out loud there Sean K.
    Answered the MARIO way.

• Advertisement

Read through the DS logs, he's picking on the popular people, Rex and Mo, now Kat and Rachael. He's very sly and after a few drinks he seems to turn nasty. He had real venom in his voice when Kat left the room. He has yet to stand up to the bullies...

Fake name, fake tan, fake personality, fake history

Advertisement