Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which insulin pump do you use?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everybody.
    I just want to see what pumps people are using at the moment, as i'm seriously considering changing my paradigm 512 insulin pump. Now, it's not actually the pump as such, more the infusion set that i have the problem with. They are hugely unreliable, i think minimed have huge quality control issues regarding them. It seems to happen in batches, where by i'll stock up on 4 boxes or so and ill have tons of trouble with insulin not being "delivered" properly threw the sets. I have been in contact with my consultant and he has been hearing much the same from other users.
    No onto the question at hand, what brand and model insulin pump do you use and how do you find it?
    main points would be:
    Reliability.
    usability.

Thanks.
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

minmed 522, i don't find it trouble some. I have had delivery failures once or twice in a year. once because the thin tube had come out and the insulin was going onto as a opposed to into my stomach. Other time I am not sure of cause .

One thing Id like is preloaded cartridges to avoid having to get rid of bubbles..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

barrabus wrote: »
    minmed 522, i don't find it trouble some. I have had delivery failures once or twice in a year. once because the thin tube had come out and the insulin was going onto as a opposed to into my stomach. Other time I am not sure of cause .

One thing Id like is preloaded cartridges to avoid having to get rid of bubbles..

Thanks for the reply! Didn't think i'd get any to be honest. Can i ask whether you use the 9mm cannula or the 6mm for your infusion sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Just checked ...Nine

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

I use the minimed 722 and before that I had a 508. I've had the odd batch of dodgy quicksets over the years but it hasn't been a regular occurance. I certainly wouldn't consider it irritating enough to switch pumps

Advertisement