Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men & Grooming.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Would it bother you if...
    If your man shaved his arm pits? Yes, I hate mens pits shaved.
    If he trimmed or shaved his pubic hair region? trimmed is ok shaving is a bit strange.
    If he bought Mens cosmetics? The bascis are fine moisturiser etc. but no make-up, night cream etc...
    If he brought up the idea of him getting waxed? Waxing back and/or shoulders is fine but I like chest hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

Quality wrote: »
    So Mr Quality is a man who takes pride in his appearance,

Now I am not complaining, he looks well...

But how far is too far?

Would it bother you if...
    If your man shaved his arm pits?
    If he trimmed or shaved his pubic hair region?
    If he bought Mens cosmetics?
    If he brought up the idea of him getting waxed?

What else would you thing would be a step too far for your man?
    tbh a bitta trimming around the pubes is nothing to be ashamed of if youre a guy, ladies- you dont wanna feel like youre flossing your teeth when youre down there!
    also, mens cosmetics, such as hair gels and moisturisers and face washes are all fine with me too.
    nothing wrong with wanting to look nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

Classic, I hope Zaph realised the American Psycho reference. Took me a line or two before I recognised it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Classic, I hope Zaph realised the American Psycho reference. Took me a line or two before I recognised it.

Only when someone else mentioned it afterwards, ages since I've seen the film. Oh well, can't win 'em all. Which reminds me, apologies to The Scientist for the scurrilous accusation I may have inferred following his post. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

uuuurrrrrrggggh...... personally back hair and shoulder hair are a massive turnoff for me....... particularly if they have both!!!

Once had a 'jumper' experience:eek:......... still have nightmares!!!!

needless to say he didnt get very far;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

What about a hairy arse crack on a fella, should it be tackled or just left alone? Is it a big turn off for girls when feeling about down there and its a bit woolly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

For me the only things that would be a nono:

Overly plucked eye-brows (unibrow is OK to pluck but be careful!)
    Sunbeds/fake tan
    Make-up of any sorts - that includes dyeing the eye-lashes
    Nail polish on the nails

These would prob be a few of the reasons for why I left my home-country. The men there? Painfully Metro-sexual..... Give me a Kerry man (sans smelly w*llie) any day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

dyeing eyelashes???? Bloody hell that's a step too far. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Dated a guy once who spent far longer on grooming each day than I did - I must admit that I found it wierd.

I prefer my man to be naturally attractive (which he is)...apart from shaving his face, which I would rather he did twice a day and getting his hair cut the odd time I dont think that he needs anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

As Abi and Chew said - ya dont feel a thing :D

ORAL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

My grooming technique.
    *shower, Gel hair. underarm spray and some armani code
    Shave maybe once every two weeks

ADVICE TIME!!!!

some of you guys seem to be in the know about this malarky so maybe you get help me out. my stupid face is REALLY annoying me.my face is dry and greasey at the same time. after a shower my face gets so flakey i look like a leper but after an hour visible bubbles of oil form on the pores of my nose.
    at 31 and a half years old i am STILL getting spots (GGRRRRRR!!!!!) mostly around the mouth and at the side of the nose.i found after i started using boots botanical exfoliating facescrub and stopped using E45 cream it cleared up a bit but not completely.now i find that E45 was the only lotion that worked on my face,other moistureisers need at least 3 applictions after a shower and several more applications throughout the day, therefore i have the choice of either spots or dry skin AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    please help, i am a simple creature who doesnt quite understand all this male grooming.thanks in advance:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Now now, some men just sweat copiously and this coupled with a ****load of armpit hair produces a bit of a stink. Hence the shaving.

I mean jesus do ye want us to smell horrible or not...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

ADVICE TIME!!!!

some of you guys seem to be in the know about this malarky so maybe you get help me out. my stupid face is REALLY annoying me.my face is dry and greasey at the same time. after a shower my face gets so flakey i look like a leper but after an hour visible bubbles of oil form on the pores of my nose.
    at 31 and a half years old i am STILL getting spots (GGRRRRRR!!!!!) mostly around the mouth and at the side of the nose.i found after i started using boots botanical exfoliating facescrub and stopped using E45 cream it cleared up a bit but not completely.now i find that E45 was the only lotion that worked on my face,other moistureisers need at least 3 applictions after a shower and several more applications throughout the day, therefore i have the choice of either spots or dry skin AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    please help, i am a simple creature who doesnt quite understand all this male grooming.thanks in advance:D.

Personally, I use Clean & Clear Facial Cream which has completely cleared up my face from a few years back.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ADVICE TIME!!!!

Can I interest you in the all-new Men's Health forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fraglerocks

Well I trim round me weapon with electric shaver and also shave the sack. Herself seems to like it. I just think its good hygiene. I dont be itchy either.

Apart from that, all I do is shower once a day and maybe shave me face every second day. Am I weird? I dont think so. Am I?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

If your man shaved his arm pits?
    Yes that would bother me somewhat... the odd trim I guess would be ok.

If he trimmed or shaved his pubic hair region?
    Trim - grand. Shave - weird.

If he bought Mens cosmetics?
    I'd encourage the use of a basic moisturiser with a sunblock.

If he brought up the idea of him getting waxed?
    Depends... taming the unibrow is fine, grooming them to within an inch of their life isn't. If he was really uncomfortable with something like his back, then fine but it wouldn't really bother me if he didn't. Unless he looked like a yeti or something.

What else would you thing would be a step too far for your man?
    Makeup... fake tan/tanning beds.... I hate it when guys shave their chests.... and highlights in the hair. No. Just no. It's cool if he wants to do mad colours or whatever with his hair but I knew a guy who just used to get it highlighted a shade or two lighter than his normal colour and then swear that it was 'sunbleached'.

The one thing I have a major problem with is lack of hygiene. As long as he's clean he can be as hairy as he wants :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

:)i love a good smelling man to be honest, clean is so sexy. Hair is good! I love a nice hairy bum....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

MJOR wrote: »
    :)i love a good smelling man to be honest, clean is so sexy. Hair is good! I love a nice hairy bum....

you have just described mr quality!!!