Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Double- Betting slip?

Options
  • 15-06-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

What would go on the betting slip if I want to back say Portugal 6-5 and C. Republic 13-10?

There's better odds to do it under the single bet as a double then splitting the stake and putting half on either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

if you want a double - this is how i do it

Double

€20euro

Portugal to beat xxx @ 6-5
    And
    Czech to beat xx @ 13-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

remember mate that portugal HAVE qualified as group winners

so they may field a weak team - take caution before betting on the final group of matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Thanks.

Just picked them two as there next to play as an example. Wouldn't put too much on if I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

keen wrote: »
    What would go on the betting slip if I want to back say Portugal 6-5 and C. Republic 13-10?

There's better odds to do it under the single bet as a double then splitting the stake and putting half on either?

The double would return about €101.20,

The two singles would get you either €22 & €23 seperately or combined.

Better value in the double. Here is a handy betting calculator, i find it useful.

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/calculator/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

AdrianII wrote: »
    remember mate that portugal HAVE qualified as group winners

so they may field a weak team - take caution before betting on the final group of matches

Heed this sage advice. There could well be some very strange results in this last phase. It would not surprise me in the slightest to see w Swiss win. Also Greece are likely to turn over Holland in their last game. Would I bet on any of this, no way. Just opinons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

kenco wrote: »
    Also Greece are likely to turn over Holland in their last game. Would I bet on any of this, no way. Just opinons

Definitely wouldn't bet on that one, seeing as they're in different groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Karlusss wrote: »
    Definitely wouldn't bet on that one, seeing as they're in different groups.
    :D

Advertisement