Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

slayerking wrote: »
    Lookin forward to the Video for "the day that never comes"...

Looks like it'll be sweet.
    Hopefully it'll be out over the next week or so.:cool:

I agree with ya dude. I love how the sun looks through the dust in the clips. Looks kinda spooky!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

That's soul crushingly cynical to assume they're in it purely for money.Sure they've brought out some steaming hore**** but to automaticaly assume it was all in the pursuit of cash rather than something else like I dunno, artistic fulfillment is infuriatingly arrogant.

I dont think he means it like that, most people know that they are doing it for love of music (well maybe not Lar$). What hes getting at it that they will always sell cds, tshirts and tickets merely because they are Metallica and because of their name and history and not because of the standard of their new music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

cyanide - nice intro riff...shame about the rest of the song other than that riff
    the day that never comes - puddle of muddled ideas
    my apocalpyse - an improvement, but good drumming would help... a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Very Slayeresque. But I aint complaining, its better than much of Slayer's.

I also think it has a Black Album/ AJFA vibe to it. More of the latter of course.

Either way I quite like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Jusy listened to Cyanide for the first time since Arras. I have not enjoyed a new Metallica song as much in years !

Het-Field wrote: »
    Jusy listened to Cyanide for the first time since Arras. I have not enjoyed a new Metallica song as much in years !

Glad to hear it!:D If the 'Terrorizer' review is anything to go by then we're in for a treat. This is the magazine that called St.Anger 'pure sh1t' so no ass kissing from them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

whats the story with radio stations getting the new single. ive emailed that hegarty ejit on 2fm to ask him to play the new single but he says they havent revcieved it yet. is that just coz 2fm are a **** station or do only some stations get access to it at the start of what?

They are out on itunes.

whats the story with radio stations getting the new single. ive emailed that hegarty ejit on 2fm to ask him to play the new single but he says they havent revcieved it yet. is that just coz 2fm are a **** station or do only some stations get access to it at the start of what?

I cant imagine a certain percentage of 2fm listeners being too happy about hearing the trashing guitars throughout TDTNC as they drive home from work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

According to a mate of mine (He likes Metallica I am not pushed), the album isn't bad. I gave it to him earlier and he listened to it once and said its one of their better albums better than St. Anger anyway :D.

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    According to a mate of mine (He likes Metallica I am not pushed), the album isn't bad. I gave it to him earlier and he listened to it once and said its one of their better albums better than St. Anger anyway :D.

Wow, its September 12th already???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's soul crushingly cynical to assume they're in it purely for money.Sure they've brought out some steaming hore**** but to automaticaly assume it was all in the pursuit of cash rather than something else like I dunno, artistic fulfillment is infuriatingly arrogant.

Where does that say they're in it for the money? It's infuriatingly arrogant for people to read things into words that aren't there :p

If there's one thing worse than people hating Metallica for the sake of them being Metallica, it's people loving Metallica for the sake of loving Metallica :pac:
    I dont think he means it like that, most people know that they are doing it for love of music (well maybe not Lar$). What hes getting at it that they will always sell cds, tshirts and tickets merely because they are Metallica and because of their name and history and not because of the standard of their new music

Nail. Hammer. Head. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Devilman

Found this link, it has 30sec clips of each song on the album (longer than metallica.com clips).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Man i want this album bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Devilman wrote: »
    Found this link, it has 30sec clips of each song on the album (longer than metallica.com clips).

Those clips are cool. The Unforgiven III intro sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Uncut reviewed it this month and gave it 4 stars, according to them cyanide is one of the weaker songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

broken beat and scared has a great riff to it me thinks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

roll on september 12th :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

hmmm...i'm actually not hating most of those intros. cyaninde and dtnc are still crap tho....the rest has potential. not sure about ufIII yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Devilman wrote: »

I can't seem to get the songs to open :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

neither could i so i just listened to the youtube video compilation of the intro's at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Was told there by a mate o mine that terroriser gave death magnetic a great review :O.

This is somthing im gonna have to see with me own eyes before i believe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Its Metallica, no matter what they do, some group's gonna be p****d off.

1219687279176al2.jpg
    w500.png

Best pic ever.

Darkstrike wrote: »
    Its Metallica, no matter what they do, some group's gonna be p****d off.
    See! Cant een shop now!:D

Darkstrike wrote: »
    See! Cant een shop now!:D

You gotta admit its brilliantly done :D

Stev_o wrote: »
    You gotta admit its brilliantly done :D
    Oh definatly, I love it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

imminent.......
    Metallica: A Culture Show Special
    BBC 2 11.00-11.30

To celebrate the forthcoming release of the heavy metal group's first album for five years, Death Magnetic, Verity Sharp visits Norway to gain access to their summer tour of Europe. Going backstage, she captures their rehearsals and pre-show activities and interviews band stalwarts James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich SUB

Patricide wrote: »
    Was told there by a mate o mine that terroriser gave death magnetic a great review :O.

This is somthing im gonna have to see with me own eyes before i believe though.

Look back a page or so dude, I posted a link to that review.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just got tickets to go to the album launch in London :D

Advertisement