Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

what i heard so far, im impressed. even though LOAD got slated , I thought it was a decent album, I'd nearly prefer it to the black album. From what I heard of these new tracks, I'd put it over LOAD, so it may tempt me to make a purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103837

Apparently everyones getting geared up for the new album by listening to some of the old tunes

Singles Chart:
    "The Day that Never Comes": #14
    "Nothing Else Matters": #28
    "Enter Sandman": #47
    "My Apocalypse": #48

Album Chart:
    "Metallica": #32
    "S&M": #74
    "Master of Puppets": #76

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Patiently waiting for the next new song ere!!!:pac:
    I think its supposed to be Broken, Beat & Scarred today.:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'd love if it was All Nightmare Long

The new song is Cyanide and here's the offical video for TDTNC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,611 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Watched the BBC2 documentary last night, enjoyable but didnt really achieve anything if that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Umm...don't really know what to say about that video, I like it compared to some of their previous efforts, but then the song itself sounds a lot like another version of One and watching that video didn't help shake that feeling.

A lot of the material from the new album, the songs that I have heard, sound like they could have been recorded on either Ride the Lightning or ...And Justice For All and while thats a good thing per se it also means the band are fresh out of ideas and having tried the new approach with St Anger, and failed, they are simply going back to playing what the fans expect from them.

In the short term, this is good, but in the long term this is bad because if the band members start to feel stale themselves about their musicial endevours they may soon feel the need for Metallica has well and truly expired and will want to jump ship before another album sinks the boat.

I think this could be the last studio album from Metallica in a long time, and you may see another several years of touring, followed by a breakup before an eventual reunion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Umm...don't really know what to say about that video, I like it compared to some of their previous efforts, but then the song itself sounds a lot like another version of One and watching that video didn't help shake that feeling.

A lot of the material from the new album, the songs that I have heard, sound like they could have been recorded on either Ride the Lightning or ...And Justice For All and while thats a good thing per se it also means the band are fresh out of ideas and having tried the new approach with St Anger, and failed, they are simply going back to playing what the fans expect from them.

In the short term, this is good, but in the long term this is bad because if the band members start to feel stale themselves about their musicial endevours they may soon feel the need for Metallica has well and truly expired and will want to jump ship before another album sinks the boat.

I think this could be the last studio album from Metallica in a long time, and you may see another several years of touring, followed by a breakup before an eventual reunion.

I felt this would happen. I realise that most Metallica fans didnt like St Anger, however, I knew that if Metallica returned to their pre Load era, fans would complain that they had no more ideas.

Load was musically sound, and was the tightest Metallica ever were. It was simply that people were not ready for their bluesy sound.

I have only heard My Apocolypse, TDTNC, and Cyanide. But i have to admit they are more than decent. I parrticularly like Cyanide.

The Video will grow on me. With the exception of Memory Remians, all Metallica videos have taken time to grow on me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

feylya wrote: »
    The new song is Cyanide and here's the offical video for TDTNC

Is it any good? I haven't seen it yet? Can't get into it atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Is it any good? I haven't seen it yet? Can't get into it atm.

Loud echos of 'One' me thinks, and what's wrong with that? This is a big step up from St. Anger and it'll put them back on the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Studio version of Cyanide is ten times better than the live version and TDTNC is really growing on me

EDIT: Just saw TDTNC video, I would only say its similar to One in that its got war in it, One was an epic and freaky video but TDTNC is kind of flat. I spent most of it waiting fot the other guy to get shot or blown up or something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,611 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

TDTNC is growing on me too, altho i do feel the final section of the song is a bit long.

5:38 - Mmmmmneeeehhhhh :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

What a terrible video, doesnt go with the lyrics one bit either, its like they just chose war because it would be down with the kids or somthing. Still i do like the song, although the solo section does drag a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tbh who gives a f**k about the video? Who here honestly will repeatedly watch it over and over again? No one will! Just enjoy the music.

Coffin box looks sweet.... :pac:

Coffin1.jpgCoffin2.jpg

Lots of stuff to play with!!

Dunno if its worth the 121 odd euro though, oh well, we'll see!!!
    Maybe it will be!!!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Stev_o wrote: »
    Tbh who gives a f**k about the video? Who here honestly will repeatedly watch it over and over again? No one will! Just enjoy the music.

my thoughts exactly:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

The video is good, even if it bears no relation to the song. Still, it's the song itself that matters and it's a great song, along with My Apocalypse. I downloaded Cyanide today and it sounds better than when they played it in Marlay Park but it's not as good as the other two tracks.

The Coffin Box looks cool as well. It's a lot to pay but i'm going to pre-order it.

I really like Cyanide the chorus is extremely catchy to my ears and im always singing it. My only problem with the song is the random MMMMMMMMMMMMM after the solo listen out for it and you ll laugh like i did or **** bricks one or the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Oscholar wrote: »
    The video is good, even if it bears no relation to the song. Still, it's the song itself that matters and it's a great song, along with My Apocalypse. I downloaded Cyanide today and it sounds better than when they played it in Marlay Park but it's not as good as the other two tracks.

The Coffin Box looks cool as well. It's a lot to pay but i'm going to pre-order it.

When I first heard Cyanide(audio), I thought "ugh". Then I heard it at Marlay Park and thought "double ugh". It just doesn't work. TDTNC sounds great though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

When I first heard Cyanide(audio), I thought "ugh". Then I heard it at Marlay Park and thought "double ugh". It just doesn't work. TDTNC sounds great though.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It sounds like a mish-mash of riffs instead of just having one great riff to draw you in. And the main riff reminds me of 'The Thorn Within' from 'Load'. From the reviews i've read, they say this is the weakest song. Hopefully it turns out to be like that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I heard TDTNC on the radio yesterday, only the second time i've heard it since the low quality one on the internet.

It actually sounded good, but the last 3 minutes absolutely destroy it.

Supposedly the album is after leakin in france!!!:eek:
    Anyone else hear this?...

There's a few photos floatin around of people holdin the album.
    We might see the release sooner than the 12th?!:confused:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103902

There's an announcement on kerrang.com at 9 tonight from Metallica... Early album release?

slayerking wrote: »
    Supposedly the album is after leakin in france!!!:eek:
    Anyone else hear this?...

There's a few photos floatin around of people holdin the album.
    We might see the release sooner than the 12th?!:confused:

Yup heard it on UG earlier thought it was BS but turns out it isnt. Expect the mother of all lawsuits to happen now :P

Supposedly there's an announcement on Radio 1 tonight... They're playing the full album later I think

feylya wrote: »
    Supposedly there's an announcement on Radio 1 tonight... They're playing the full album later I think

Seems mad doesnt it they ll probably have to bring the release date to next week to prevent making a huge loss on the amount of torrents this will get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

slightly let down by the studio version of cyanide. it's not as quick as the live version, and suffers for that a little. still, if that's the supposed weakest track, then I can't wait for the album!

The announcement was a 200 person show in the BBC studios in London the day before the O2 gig. And the album is in the wild.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I think the studio version actually sounds good to be honest! its much better then listing to the crap live versions on youtube

Advertisement