Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

funnyname wrote: »
    It can't be any worse than St Anger
    It's better than quiet a few of their cds.

Justice included in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well the, now we know exactly how much to trust your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

FYI for anyone who pre ordered the coffin...

I emailed the trinity street direct guys (guys in charge of the irish pre ordered missionmetallica stuff) asking them about the t shirt size and when the coffin will be dispatched.

They replied sayin that the t shirt only comes in large :mad:
    and that they start shipping the coffin a couple of days BEFORE release date.:)

So hopefully we'll get the coffin by release date.:pac:

well the, now we know exactly how much to trust your opinion.

You can trust it as much, or as little, as you like, its just an opinion, and matters little in the end. I've always disliked And Justice For All, barring One. Just didn't hold my intrest, I've pretty much liked every other Metallica cd to one extent or another, except St Anger, which I believe could have been a good cd, if it was well produced, and they bought a decent set of drums....

Justice could also have been produced much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

each song seems to remind me of a different metallica stage, the day that never comes reminds me of the "load" period for most of it. then it mashes up with old school sounding metallica...

im glad its good because after writing for years if they couldnt come up with anything good......:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Does anybody know whether the likes of Borderline Records or the Sound Celler in Dublin will be selling the Coffin Setup when the album is released or will I have to order it online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Het-Field wrote: »
    Does anybody know whether the likes of Borderline Records or the Sound Celler in Dublin will be selling the Coffin Setup when the album is released or will I have to order it online ?

i'd imagine there's a good number ear-marked for retail sales when it comes out. probably wanna be quick though as it's sold out in a number of online retailers already.

lord lucan wrote: »
    i'd imagine there's a good number ear-marked for retail sales when it comes out. probably wanna be quick though as it's sold out in a number of online retailers already.

Thanks a mill Lord Lucan !

Iv Just heard
    The Unforgiven 3

The Reports are right. It is fcukin amazing. A True Classic in the making

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Het-Field wrote: »
    Thanks a mill Lord Lucan !

Iv Just heard
    The Unforgiven 3

The Reports are right. It is fcukin amazing. A True Classic in the making

I'm prob gonna give away the name of the song, so please dont shoot me. But about the song...I love it, totally seperate entity...easily the best from what I've heard so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

End of the Line and Judas Kiss are quality, im defiantly going to buy this album.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Really liking what I'm hearing at the moment. All Nightmare Long, really nice guitars.

Suicide and Redemption is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Really liking what I'm hearing at the moment. All Nightmare Long, really nice guitars.

Suicide and Redemption is great too.

First riff from this is is totally brilliant.

Overall I do like the album, debating whether to purchase now or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Unforgiven III
    is absolutely brilliant. The solo left me breathless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why are you putting in spoiler tags?
    Death Magnetic
    is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I listened to Unforgiven 3 on youtube (Im like a drug addict needing his fix here! Its damn hard not to download it) and man its awesome id even put my neck out there and say that its one of their best songs they'v ever done (Ballad at least)

I'm actually looking forward to going home just so i can listen to this again on my walk. :)

Just listened to it for about the 50th time
    The Unforgiven 3
    that is.

It kicks so much ass. Especially that middle part which reminds me of
    My Friend of Misery
    from
    Black album
    from

As Dougal Maguire once said "its a bit sad".

I think its a great song
    Death Magnetic
    is so much better than
    St Anger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Can we stop with the spoiler tags PLEASE haha.

I
    enjoyed this cd
    a
    lot.

:D

Just so yiz know, Metallica shall be performing live on the Jools Holland show, 16th September... One to watch methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I am very impressed with it so far. Its a beast! And im not even that big into Metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I was up in Zavvi in Liffey Valley last night to check when they are due to get the album in stock - I thought it wouldn't be out until the Monday - and I had a quick look at the computer screen while I was there!!

You should see the amount of special editions that are available for this album!!:eek:

I think the coffin box costs in the region of €170!!!!!!!!?????

The cd will do me fine, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

This is from MetClub regarding the Coffin box, I got it mailed to me.

The Death Magnetic Coffin Box will NOT ship the week of the release and could be several weeks later, we are sorry for the delay. However, there will be a free digital download of the album (320 KB/S) available at 12:01 am on September 12th with purchase of the coffin box set!
    All other formats will ship the week of September 12th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

ok - I could't help myself & downloaded the album ......

I.

Am.

F**king.

Gobsmacked.

Jesus H christmas - where have they been hiding this material & who gave Jaymz his balls back?

This has way exceeded even my own expectations (and people know my expectations from this thread going waaaaaay back!)

September 12th the boys get more of my hard earned money & I'll be as happy parting with the cash as I was with parting for a tape of RTL waaaay back in 1985.

I'm horrified to find out there's not a single track I don't like off it, & 'The Judas Kiss' ..... WOW ..... I love the whole vibe off that track.

Unforgiven 3 - good jesus .......... even I had to raise a 'wtf' when I heard that announced ...... Jaymz sucker punched everyone with that .... good lord!!!!

'All nitemare Long' - f**k me sideways, backways, upside down etc etc etc - ****ING WOW!!!

this is unlike anything I've ever heard or could even have imagined from ANY of those clips or video snippets ..... seriously, I am stunned by how much I love this, & how closely it is to the style of music I personally like writing & playing ....... I can't use enough words...

My only problem now is whether Santa will bring me eleventeen million new fingers for Christmas so I can play some of the solos, cos my hand since my motorcycle accident hasn't been Vai-able anymore :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

This is from MetClub regarding the Coffin box, I got it mailed to me.

The Death Magnetic Coffin Box will NOT ship the week of the release and could be several weeks later, we are sorry for the delay. However, there will be a free digital download of the album (320 KB/S) available at 12:01 am on September 12th with purchase of the coffin box set!
    All other formats will ship the week of September 12th!

Dang...

Funny thing is I emailed the crowd handling the Irish missionmetallica orders (MetallicaIRE metallicaire@trinitystreetdirect.com) asking them about the t-shirt size and when we'll get the coffin and got this reply...

Dear XXXX,

The t-shirt only comes in a large I am afraid. The box set will be dispatched a couple of days before the official release date which is the 12th of September.

Kind regards,

Louis
    Metallica Customer Services
    08445 670648

It'd be nice to get it for release date so hopefully we will, I'm hopin that metclub email only applies to the US.
    Fingers crossed....:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

on my second listen now and I'll already classify it as 'good'.. i'll probably love it by the end of the weekend.

gg Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I was expecting pure rubbish from this album but I am so pleasantly surprised! Its f*ckin deadly. Listened to it a couple of times. The first half is better in my opinion. There's the odd bit I'm not mad on at the moment but it'll probably grow on me.

But,unlike everyone else here, I think Unforgiven III is a huge let down :(

I like the intro,the verse. But the chorus.... It just doesnt fit.Its not powerful. I just dont think it should be "The Unforgiven III"

But overall,I'm impressed. Definitely reminds me of Justice.

Glad to see they still have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

on my second listen now and I'll already classify it as 'good'.. i'll probably love it by the end of the weekend.

gg Metallica.

Listened to the whole thing last night, first impressions: good. I can also see it growing on me, there isn't that instant revulsion I felt when I first listened to St. Anger. Unsurprisingly my 3 favourites at the mo (TDTNC, My Apocalypse, Cyanide) have all been around for a couple of weeks and I'v had time to listen to them more than the others. I can see All Nightmare Long becoming a favourite as well.

I was slightly disappointed with Unforgiven 3 (come on, no need for spoilers here surely!) which had been getting a bit of hype here and on other forums, fo me its not a patch on the original Unforgiven, I do like the piano intro though. Could be a grower.

In summary: phew, its proper Metallica again.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

It's weird hearing a new Metallica album that kicks bum, but this really does. It's great to have them back. I'd happily play tracks from this next to the classics from RTL, MOP, KIA and AJFA. Well done lads! I'm off to listen to it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Den_M wrote: »
    It's weird hearing a new Metallica album that kicks bum, but this really does. It's great to have them back. I'd happily play tracks from this next to the classics from RTL, MOP, KIA and AJFA. Well done lads! I'm off to listen to it again.

Hours later, still have it on play here ........... what kind of a world do we live in where we FINALLY get a kick ass Metallica album after nearly 20 years .... that's still too bloody mental for me (although I like Load/ReLoad/S&M) ..... :eek: :eek:

Advertisement