Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

slayerking wrote: »
    Gettin very annoyed over something your not sure about!! :rolleyes:

Dont think it bothers people anymore really!
    Its a bit of a cliche a this stage!!

nice to see you advertising the new album, getting payed for that are we ? no ?, how you can dismiss their rants about not getting payed while not getting payed advertising their product is bizarre in the extreme :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Just listening now. Half way through and liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

MooseJam wrote: »
    nice to see you advertising the new album, getting payed for that are we ? no ?, how you can dismiss their rants about not getting payed while not getting payed advertising their product is bizarre in the extreme :rolleyes:

Dude, Its a signature, not an advertisement!!

If you put a Lyons tea logo in you sig coz you like tea, would you go lookin for money of em!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Remove the chip from your shoulder/grow up and enjoy the music

cmon you gotta see the ironing in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

The main reason they sued napster was because they had no control over what people were doing with their music. Someone released I disappear on napster before they actually finished it. then some radio station started playing it!

back on topic though, Just listened to death magnetic on their website there its pretty good. Blows St anger out of the water. Highlight for me is "the end of the line".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

they bitch about pennyless timmy downloading their tunes because he can't afford to buy a cd

I didn't realize only those in the third world illegally downloaded music, you'd think they'd have enough to worry about?

I didn't realize only those in the third world illegally downloaded music, you'd think they'd have enough to worry about?

you feel for them that they have 376,345,123 dollars instead of 376,345,130, thats so sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

master of creases:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

feylya wrote: »
    Cool. Look for the guy in the Metclub shirt with the long hair! :D

i'll be the guy in the metclub shirt with short hair:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

:D Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Niall0 wrote: »
    Blows St anger out of the water.

I heard that was going to be the main slogan in this years advertising campaign but someone over-ruled it at the last minute. I can't figure out why at all :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Doctor J wrote: »
    I heard that was going to be the main slogan in this years advertising campaign but someone over-ruled it at the last minute. I can't figure out why at all :p

Cos it was too close to a nautical theme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

:D

So, whens the platinum mission metallica download of the album out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

just ordered me a copy after listening to it on ripped download. some cheese in there, but feck it, that's the way it goes. On first listen, the instrumental didn't sound the best. There are some pretty good songs on there though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Listened to it again for the 5th or 6th time, now it's official for me.

Its class! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    i'll be the guy in the metclub shirt with short hair:p

I think all you MetClub guys t-shirts are gonna clash :p

I don't know what I'll be wearing - but I'll be with the guy with an actual original faded MOP t-shirt, which he now gets abused for by people asking why he bought a retro t-shirt :-) he's none too impressed.....

after listening to the album a fair bit over the last couple of days - I'm really really lookin forward to Monday, think we'll be hitting the Guitar Hero think in Indigo2 before the gig......should be a bit of craic......
    oh yeah - I'll be the bald guy - probably wearing my fav Maiden shirt.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Just picked up my nice shiny coffin set & I am a happy HAPPY camper ..... pity T-shirt wasn't bigger though ... but very VERY nice indeed. Also bought a CD copy for the car from Tesco .... LOL .. Metallica raiding more money from the ven0m bank

ven0m wrote: »
    Just picked up my nice shiny coffin set & I am a happy HAPPY camper ..... pity T-shirt wasn't bigger though ... but very VERY nice indeed. Also bought a CD copy for the car from Tesco .... LOL .. Metallica raiding more money from the ven0m bank

Sweet!!! :pac:
    I'm waitin on my coffin in the post, though I'd say it'll be next week before it arrives.
    Whats on the Demo CD in the coffin??

• Advertisement

Lads why was it released earlier than scheduled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

do you feel dirty giving money to metallica? I do (slightly) :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Interesting to see how much that song has evolved into something good.

And the other new song too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Jon wrote: »
    Lads why was it released earlier than scheduled?

Somehow got sold early in France last week, then leaked to the Net and I guess they just decided what the hell - and released a couple of days early - annoying when you've a pre-order that hasn't arrived and the CD is in the shops - but them's the breaks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Very impressed by the album.Good to hear lars giving the thrash a blast again!

NIBBS wrote: »
    Somehow got sold early in France last week, then leaked to the Net and I guess they just decided what the hell - and released a couple of days early - annoying when you've a pre-order that hasn't arrived and the CD is in the shops - but them's the breaks.....

I see! Thanks mate

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Below my opinions on Death Magnetic. I've just copied them out of emails to a friend so apologies if if it dosen't "flow" as a post:

That song “the day that never comes” is catchy but it annoys me cause it is using the template from Fade to Black (rhythm for a few bars followed by lead riff, then a bit of a lead solo over rhythm, before ending with weird chord progression & 6/8 timing and into a 4 verse verse), then uses the break down from “One” (the drums and guitar before “Darkness, imprisoning me, etc..”). It also has a bit from Master of Puppets in it when they are running up the strings from open on each one up to 5th fret.

I suppose they are entitled to have their “style”.. but I thought it was borrowing way too much from previous songs.

Cyanide is a pretty cool song.

The video is on youtube for “the day that never comes”. Watch it and we can discuss. I won’t colour your judgement on that yet!

I have been listening to the album each morning and evening commuting. What do you think of Suicide & Redemption (the instrumental of 9:56 towards the end….2nd or 3rd last on the album). There is a part in it that sounds like the backing vocal in Pearl Jam’s Black (do do do do do di do…) except it is a lead guitar part.

Initially I wasn’t too keen on the Unforgiven 3, but this morning I was thinking how it has kinda grown on me. I like the quiet rhythm riff.. then the heavier one is pretty cool too. Must figure it out.

It is actually a rocking album IMO… much more so than St.Anger. There are one or two songs that I’m not too keen on (the first two, and the last one I think) but the rest are solid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

you feel for them that they have 376,345,123 dollars instead of 376,345,130, thats so sweet

Ok man we'll all stop buying Metallica albums...just cos you say so of course. :D

New album is feckin great...best 16.99 Ive spent in a while..:p

Hard to believe it was so cheap. I thought it was priced wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

brought it off itunes,pretty solid album in fairness.

Advertisement