Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

slayerking wrote: »
    Sweet!!! :pac:
    I'm waitin on my coffin in the post, though I'd say it'll be next week before it arrives.
    Whats on the Demo CD in the coffin??

Demo CD ..... how do i put this ..... 'interesting' LOL :D

I'm just having fun with the Randall all cranked up, the camo Paul plugged in & ripping through some 'Talli-tracks today ..... LOL ..... what better way to send a Friday ......

oh & for the haters ...... don't hate me cos I got one finger less than the eleventeen trillion that Kirk shows on the album :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Rockee wrote: »

New album is feckin great...best 16.99 Ive spent in a while..:p

well i'll be checking it out too, but it won't cost me 16.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

MooseJam wrote: »
    well i'll be checking it out too, but it won't cost me 16.99 :)

Ya big rebel ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

fighting the man ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Just got the album today. listening to it now. love it. broken beat and scarred my fav so far.
    go on tallica!
    13 .99 in tesco by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

BossArky wrote: »
    I have been listening to the album each morning and evening commuting. What do you think of Suicide & Redemption (the instrumental of 9:56 towards the end….2nd or 3rd last on the album). There is a part in it that sounds like the backing vocal in Pearl Jam’s Black (do do do do do di do…) except it is a lead guitar part.

I think that track wouldnt have sounded out of place on a Karma To Burn album. Its a good track but feel its drags on a bit. That Was Just Your Life and All Nightmare Long are great though. Cant stop listening to them

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Picked it up in golden discs (€16.99). Definitley an improvement on the last few albums - there are a few good tracks (after 1 listen).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are any of you guys signed up to the Mission Metallica website? Have you received any of your orders yet? I ordered my cd on August 1st, and was told that I should have it today, but nothing arrived. I then proceeded to ring up the good people in the GPO to track my cd down. They told me that it takes about 5 working days for registered post to come from England!!! I am NOT HAPPY.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

got it today liking it obv, i think on the first listen judas kiss is my fav track.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

feylya wrote: »

Interesting to see how much that song has evolved into something good.

And the other new song too

yeah, i remember the first time i heard them i was thinking wtf is this ****, much improved imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Just downloading it now before I get the CD version from Play.com

Will give my first impressions tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Got it in Zavvi for €15. Brilliant album. Favorite song is That was Just your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Still on my first listen here. Good to see them back on form. Blow some of the yung guns out of the water!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Just listening to it now...definatly lives up to the hype and blows the crap that was st anger out of the water!!!

Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭COH

Broken, beat & scarred = Absolute quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Im surprised by how cheap it was (ie not 19 95, or 21€ like any of their old albums when theyre not on sale)

Im loving it so far, i ll give it another listen asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Am I the only one who thinks it's better than AJFA?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,611 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Good album but not all the songs have grown on me yet. Lyrics arent great tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

this does'nt touch a hair on AJFA :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Good songs, but sounds like muck... I hope a Japan Mini LP version is released.... it'd be such a shame not to have this album in my collection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

The vocals are pretty weak, as if Hethfield is loosing his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It's not within a mile of ...And Justice For All, in my opinion of course.

I'd say so its not a patch on AJFA. It was never going to be that good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

newblue08 wrote: »
    I'd say so its not a patch on AJFA. It was never going to be that good.

Dam straight its not,blackened for me is one of the best opener tracks on an album ive head.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm actually starting to get into it now.
    Strong hints of Maiden in there along with touches from their MOP and RTL albums.

Any views on the worst track?
    For me it has to be the Unforgiven III. The song is depressing enough but the vocals are quite poor IMO.

kbannon wrote: »

Any views on the worst track?
    For me it has to be the Unforgiven III. The song is depressing enough but the vocals are quite poor IMO.

Agree with that. Although I dont skip it when it comes on part of it sounds a little too whiny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

For me it's 'The Day That Never Comes'... I haven't even given it a chance to be fair, just skip past it. Unforgiven III is ok, but not one of my favourites.

For me it's 'The Day That Never Comes'... I haven't even given it a chance to be fair, just skip past it. Unforgiven III is ok, but not one of my favourites.

If you cut out the first four minutes of The Day That Never Comes it'd be a great track. I"d say its better live.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Worst? didn't figure that out yet... i like how unforgiven 3 starts... can't say it popped out by being worst.

On the other side... all nightmare long baby! good candidate for the best on the album!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

newblue08 wrote: »
    If you cut out the first four minutes of The Day That Never Comes it'd be a great track. I"d say its better live.
    First 4? I'd say cut out the last 4 and you have a good track tbh.

And yes, All Nightmare Long is fantastic.

Advertisement