Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

rgjmce wrote: »
    Thank god someone else other their has sense
    Oh the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This thread is still going? ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Video for All Nightmare Long

Looks like Kirk got a directing job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

feylya wrote: »

Haha definitely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ger8150 wrote: »
    Man, that album is a joke. Dont know what all the fuss was about in the first place when this was the result. They should pack it in before they destroy their legacy any further.

On that note cant wait to see Megadeth next Feb.

Thats an "I lulz" moment if i ever i saw one! Cos all of Megadeth's later albums are deadly! :rolleyes:
    rgjmce wrote: »
    Thank god someone else out their has sense

Seriously tho, its pretty pointless saying you dont like something without giving your view on it. Why do you think it is a joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

feylya wrote: »
    Video for All Nightmare Long

The video doesnt fit with the video at all by the looks, seems more like Hey this a pretty cool film clip im gonna ruin it by placing music on top of it.

I thought a I Disappear sort video of a number of bad things happening in in between the Your Luck Runs out would of suited better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    This thread is still going? ;)

great albums get long threads;)

where's the chinese democracy thread gone?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

cool vid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

This was easily my favourite thread since I joined Boards.

Im still listening to Death magnetic and still loving it.

Has anybody had second thoughts ????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Nah I still think it's just as bad as the first time sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭ec18

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Nah I still think it's just as bad as the first time sadly.
    I agree I was completely let down by Death Magnetic......it just didn't live up to the hype :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I just think the Death magnetic is really boring record,

and lyrics specially in Unforgiven III song are really afwul.

It is a shame really to say this, since I have listened Metallica over 18 years and I do even like St Anger:)

But with the new record, songs are long but there is nothing interesting to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

itarumaa wrote: »
    But with the new record, songs are long but there is nothing interesting to hear.
    That just about sums it up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Feckin great album! :D And no Im not saying that just because theres been 5 or so non Death Magnetic appreciating posts before me!

Video for 'All Nightmare Long' is a lazy pile of sh1te though....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

itarumaa wrote: »
    I just think the Death magnetic is really boring record,

and lyrics specially in Unforgiven III song are really afwul.

It is a shame really to say this, since I have listened Metallica over 18 years and I do even like St Anger:)

Are you sure you have been listening to Metallica for 18 years? Since when has Hetfield been inspirational with lyrics?

From Kill 'Em All:
    Leather and metal are our uniforms
    protecting what we are
    Joining together to take on the world
    with our heavy metal

From Ride the Lightning
    Time is like a fuse, short and burning fast
    Armageddon is here, like said in the past

Ive never listened to Metallica for the lyrical content. Ive listened to them because the music great!

As for DM, now that the dust has settled, Ive dont listen to any tracks beyond Cyanide. The first 6 songs on the album are great but the rest are weak IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yep. It's a pretty good album but the last few tracks slouch a bit. But most Pantera albums are the same, and they're still great, so it's a forgivable crime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I think suicide and redemption is a really good tune... great solo's... i don't think there is a bad song on the album but at the same thime there is no instant classic.

dislike the lack of variation in the guitar sounds, very samey, meh some of the songs are alright but its quite boring, made to please the fans, retreading familiar ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Jeez things have changed on this thread since I was here last!

well, its clearly a better album than chinese democracy as this thread is longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

dislike the lack of variation in the guitar sounds, very samey, meh some of the songs are alright but its quite boring, made to please the fans, retreading familiar ground

That's a fair point, but for me it works in the albums favour.
    It better helps to keep the album as a complete piece.

And not some SOAD style mess of left over demo tapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

GRAMMY AWARDS

Not only did "Death Magnetic" pick up four Grammy nominations, but we are excited that the album won Best Recording Package and My Apocalypse won for Best Metal Performance!

Congratulations to Rick Rubin, who picked up the Producer of the Year Grammy. In addition to working with us on "Death Magnetic," Rick produced Neil Diamond, Dancing For The Death Of An Imaginary Enemy, Jakob Dylan, and Weezer.

loooooooooooooooooool

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Titanic won 11 oscars. Its still a crap film though!

well, its clearly a better album than chinese democracy as this thread is longer

Or the fact that there's more to bitch about Death Magnetic than there is Chinese Democracy.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but your statement doesn't exactly hold any substance, in fairness. :)

ah, but if you count all the negative and positive reactions, then work that out as a ratio and compare it to the chinese demo thread there will be scientific proof that DM is better than CD.

ah, but if you count all the negative and positive reactions, then work that out as a ratio and compare it to the chinese demo thread there will be scientific proof that DM is better than CD.

Nah, that's just down to personal preference and taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

kbannon wrote: »
    Titanic won 11 oscars. Its still a crap film though!

Blasphemy! Its fantastic! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Chinese Democracy is quite possibly one of the worst albums I have ever heard.... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

they won a grammy for "better than you" off of re-load in '97!!

'nuff said:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mylove

lord lucan wrote: »
    they won a grammy for "better than you" off of re-load in '97!!

'nuff said:rolleyes:

Ha!

Advertisement