Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's going to be a free download on MissionMetallica.com and a streaming version from Metallica.com. Should be about 7 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Few dodgy youtube versions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

sugarman wrote: »
    Well since some fools got the "Death Magnetic" thread closed for a week and the new Tallica single is released today, i thought id make a thread in relation to the new single..

The following was posted on the bands website yesterday:

"The Day That Never Comes" hits the airwaves tomorrow

Tune into your local radio station, Mission Metallica, or of course right here, to listen to "The Day That Never Comes," the first featured track from "Death Magnetic." It all starts tomorrow, Thursday, August 21 at 11 AM PDT.

More than just a taste . . . coming very, very soon!

So whats the story with it? Where and when can i hear it over here?

BTW NO TALKING OF THE GIG, THERE WILL BE INSTANT BANNING!

It's gonna be on Zane Lowe's show tonight on BBC Radio 1 at 7pm too.

Part of Metallica's website has crashed because so many people are talking about this new song!!!!

There seems to be more hype this time around? Much more than St Anger....?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Im actually looking forward to this, not expecting anything epic but if its anything over a Reload standard il be happy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

feylya wrote: »
    There's going to be a free download on MissionMetallica.com and a streaming version from Metallica.com. Should be about 7 tonight.

hang on - Metallica are going to give away FREE music over teh interwebz?

What's happened to little Lar$ Ull-rich????

http://www.campchaos.com/blog-archives/old_cartoons/napster_bad/

little bit of retro for you all there :D:D:D

Yeah, free after you pay $15 to get access to the site :p

Metallica's site is crashing and burning!

Metclub forum is down for "maintenance"

BBC radio 1, zane lowe show, 6.59pm apparently... ive just heard on bbc there for those interested!

I bet that site will crash n burn too!?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I bet that site will crash n burn too!?:rolleyes:

Thats why ya start listening now...hopefully it works.

They're about to play. Talking about playing it at 7.30 but got permission to play it now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

They're about to play. Talking about playing it at 7.30 but got permission to play it now

Is anyone recording it??? Any links or anything to a stream to the show?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radio1/

It'll be online in about 5 minutes I reckon.

So far - HOLY ****, they've been listening to a lot of Iron Maiden. And Hammett's been practicing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Reminds me of And Justice For All's contents in terms of its structure.

Its a hell of a lot better then the best of St Anger, and it has far more kick than anything on Load or Reload. The jury was out for me regarding Cyanide, till I heard it in Arras. No jury out in this case. This rocked my socks.

NOW I WANT TO SEE THE MUSIC VIDEO

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I call it good...quite very good. Not their best, but certainly an improvement. Def a cross between Fade to Black and One anyway. I'll give it my thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Very good, also reminded me of justice from the start.

Single download available for Platinum subscribers on Mission Metallica now

That made my day they really have taken all their best attributes in and put together a great progressive song. The dual solo is a fresh breath of air with no wah and just great guitaring. Man its like they took every album they had and made it into a song.

Congrats Metallica uv done a fine job :D

:eek: Fuppin hell!!!! That was savage!!!!! When I heard it on their myspace, I thought the intro sounded like "Don't Fear The Reaper":D. Then the Mighty Het's vocals kicked in!!!! I'm listening to Zane Lowe online on BBC and he's gonna play it again. Then I'm gonna head over to the Mission Metallica site and get my download!!!!

EDIT: What the hell has Hetfield been doing to his voice!!?? Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

JEEEESSSUUUSSSS!!!! Where the hell did this come from???

This really sounds so bloody good - I am absolutely stunned!!!!!!! :eek:

This was such a really good choice for the first single, considering every bugger & their cat loves NEM/One/Fade To Black.

I am absolutely gob smacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I liked it a lot, looking forward to hearing this again. Seems the general opinion is very positive..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

What the hell has Hetfield been doing to his voice!!?? Awesome.

Its called Autotune.

the first 5 minutes of this tune are awful, the last 2 are an interesting yet average attempt at redoing "one" except ulrich is too old to keep up.

poor. very poor. i was already less than excited about this album, but thats cinched it for me.

boo metallica, boo-urns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

BTW NO TALKING OF THE GIG, THERE WILL BE INSTANT BANNING!

Why?

Read the forum stickies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

for all the stevie wonders on this board.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977495

Its called Autotune.

the first 5 minutes of this tune are awful, the last 2 are an interesting yet average attempt at redoing "one" except ulrich is too old to keep up.

poor. very poor. i was already less than excited about this album, but thats cinched it for me.

boo metallica, boo-urns!

Redo "One"???? Come off it??? They know that they can never capture a song like that ever again. I for one dig this song. Why is everyone obsessed with Metallica playing at 1000 mph all the time. What's wrong with a little variation?? Never killed anyone did it??:confused: The first 5 minutes awful?? You're taking the p*** aren't ya?? That's where all the lyrics are, ferchrissakes.

Ah, well.............there's always "One"(boom boom).:rolleyes:

Its called Autotune.

boo metallica, boo-urns!

On offence but you sound one of the few that were never going to be happy with anything they made. Not a attack on you btw:p

• Advertisement

Yup intro's are both using the same scales i dont think its a case of "they stole that riff of them" happens alot in music people are running out of progressions to play =(

Advertisement