Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Upc broadband available to me?

Options
  • 15-06-2008 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Ok well is upc only available to people in cities and built up areas??....i live in a rural part of meath is there any chance off getting upc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Tricky question best answered by ringing them. Most of their broadband is over cable (you're out of luck), but some broadband is over microwave (mostly Chorus), but you'd have to ring (and/or consult with neighbours) to find if you're covered. Rural Meath is probably a no, but ring to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

microwaves?:eek: i think il stick with eircom :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

--SmItHy-- wrote: »
    Ok well is upc only available to people in cities and built up areas??....i live in a rural part of meath is there any chance off getting upc?

They actually have a service checker on the web sites which shoud tell all

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

They actually have a service checker on the web sites which shoud tell all
    yea iv been on the site but im just asked to fill out an order form!!:(!!.......oh and i wudn call my area rural its only like 4 miles fom the exchange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

yea iv been on the site but im just asked to fill out an order form!!:(!!.......oh and i wudn call my area rural its only like 4 miles fom the exchange!

Have you look here on the right had side, "What services are available at my address?" it will tell you what is on offer before you need to order.

Also distance from exchange is not relevant, since it does not use the phone line. I am 200 meters from a telephone exchange, but this has no relevant to NTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

call upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Have you look here on the right had side, "What services are available at my address?" it will tell you what is on offer before you need to order.

Also distance from exchange is not relevant, since it does not use the phone line. I am 200 meters from a telephone exchange, but this has no relevant to NTL
    That thing is useless it says i can get it but i ordered bb last week off them, but they rang the next day to say i couldnt get it :mad: and im in dublin

Advertisement