Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stay on your own side.

Options
  • 15-06-2008 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

Tonight whilst driving along minding my own business I caught a momentary glint of sun off red metalic paint and a bicycle through 2 country bends just a split second before they turned into 2 seperate blind bends. I slammed on the brakes(just as a precaution) and stopped just in time to allow the wine red jeep towing a trailer to drive on the wrong side of the road as he overtook a bicycle on a blind bend. He gave me a cheery wave as he passed.

I wonder what he would have thought as they were putting a neck brace on him and wondering how many dead occupants were in the car under under his mangled jeep, and where the wrecked bicycle had come from.

There is no excuse for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Welcome to Ireland. How long are you here for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

muletide wrote: »
    Welcome to Ireland. How long are you here for ?
    Lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

stratos wrote: »
    Tonight whilst driving along minding my own business I caught a momentary glint of sun off red metalic paint and a bicycle through 2 country bends just a split second before they turned into 2 seperate blind bends. I slammed on the brakes(just as a precaution) and stopped just in time to allow the wine red jeep towing a trailer to drive on the wrong side of the road as he overtook a bicycle on a blind bend. He gave me a cheery wave as he passed.

I wonder what he would have thought as they were putting a neck brace on him and wondering how many dead occupants were in the car under under his mangled jeep, and where the wrecked bicycle had come from.

There is no excuse for this.
    Happened exactly to my wife. She was less fortunate she suffered a head on! White lines are for a reason!!! She is still paying for it 3 years later with moderate back and hip pain

Advertisement