Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt office on 30th june?

Options
  • 15-06-2008 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Still toying with the idea of buying a quattroporte on the last week of june. The saving over registering it in june/july is about 10k... Anyone know what will happen on the 30th of july in the vrt offices? They are no doubt going to be out the door and won't be able to do all the registrations who turn up so will they give out tickets/stamped forms to people who tried to register on the 30th but couldn't be facilitated? There is no hope ringing them, from previous experience they never ever answer the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

The old or the new shape?
    Looked up on autotrader UK, they're not as expensive as I thought! Much nicer than buying a new 520D or the likes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Why leave it til the last day though?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

esel wrote: »

Ditto.

I imagine it'll just be tough sh1t to those who couldn't be bothered to get their arse in gear in time.

And rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

esel wrote: »

Its the only weekend I can get over with work...
    Btw new shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well...the VRT people always push the law in that you have to register the following working day after the car has arrived on the island ...you'll just be one of the select few punters that ever insisted on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

Maserati quattroporte is one classy motor.

best of luck with it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

If its second hand, surely it makes no difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Traumadoc wrote: »
    If its second hand, surely it makes no difference?
    it does indeed make a difference- 6%!!

Are you sure?

This is a response I got from the minister:

Thank you for your email in relation to the new motor tax system and apologies for the delay in responding to you. Correspondence from the public was recorded and some of their grievances and suggestions were given considerable thought by my officials here in the Department.

During the passing of the Bill in question through the Houses of the Oireachtas, certain amendments were made. One of these related to the problem you brought up, namely that of second hand imports. These cars, up to and including 2007 registered cars, will now be taxed under the old system so as to not discriminate against the Irish second hand car sellers.

I hope that this information is of some use to you, however if you require any further clarification on this, or have any other queries, please feel free to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Traumadoc wrote: »
    These cars, up to and including 2007 registered cars, will now be taxed under the old system

TAXED, not VRT'd though ...that's where the 6% difference hide

• Advertisement

Righto better get onto AUTOTRADER:o

Advertisement