Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking when drunk

Options
  • 15-06-2008 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here like me who just smokes when drinking and would rather put a cigarette out in their eye than smoke when sober? I've two yummy fags left and I'm gonna enjoy them out on the balcony now. Sweet. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh you've been drinking, eh?

Time to make the Jigsaw thread public again perhaps? :D

On topic: I started off as someone who only smoked when I drank, then I woke up one morning and thought to myself "Christ, I'd love a smoke" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Yup. Never smoke when sober never did, hate em. 8 pints into me and they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Smoking anytime; no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yeah it's a fairly common thing.
    I've only ever smoked twice in my life and both were at "drinking" occasions (I wasn't actually drunk though) I don't know why I did it - just a spur of the moment thing that I kinda regretted afterwards.

My main reason for being a non-smoker is that it's such a waste of money. The health thing is a factor too obviously, but expense is my main deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rb wrote: »
    I started off as someone who only smoked when I drank, then I woke up one morning and thought to myself "Christ, I'd love a smoke" :(
    Ah but I've been doing it only when drinking for many a year now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No, smoking makes me feel really, really sick.

I'll stick with yummy, yummy beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I'm off the fags 15 months now, but ...

I do smoke cigars with the lads though.
    Tonight, (I'm just home 10 mins, and why am I sober?) I had two cigars while drinking.
    Just lads being lads though...

Most my friends are smokers but it doesn't really bother me, but if one gets a few cigars out... I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I'm with you on this one Dudess... Though I've skirted a little more towards smoker on occasion over the years, and would have the occasional sober smoke. It's all about context and control for me... Balconies requires cigarettes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I started out around last September smoking when drunk, the last two months have had me battling to not become a smoker but it's still 50/50. I had a smoke an hour ago to help me sleep, I'm gonna have another in a minute to help me sleep as well.

I'm fairly sure though I'll just end up taking sleeping tablets to sleep soon enough but still, a smoke sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Haven't started, and hopefully never will.
    Drinking is good though, except when people overdo it.

Drinking and smoking... meh, nah...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

smoking is addictive

chdpoker wrote: »
    smoking is addictive
    :eek:
    Good God, is it really? They should warn people about that, y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I didn't smoke tongiht! Oh Yeaml;gh! Horay for control!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Rb wrote: »
    Oh you've been drinking, eh?

Time to make the Jigsaw thread public again perhaps? :D

On topic: I started off as someone who only smoked when I drank, then I woke up one morning and thought to myself "Christ, I'd love a smoke" :(

Off topic - Behave yourself!!

On topic - Yeah, although I am a proper smoker, the amount I smoke when drinking goes through the roof. Mouth tastes awful in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

:eek:
    Good God, is it really? They should warn people about that, y'know.
    didnt you know? everyone does.

didnt you know? everyone does.

Heavens Above! Next you'll be telling me that smoking is bad for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Smoked a few times when I was drunk, not tobacco though, that stuff ill kill you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

TomCo wrote: »
    Smoked a few times when I was drunk, not tobacco though, that stuff ill kill you!

I heard you torched some asbestos, inhaling the fumes believing it gives you sexual powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,906 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yeah ill smoke one when drunk. caps a good buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't need to be drunk, but yeah I'll bum 1 or 2 when I'm out having a drink :) It's nice sitting in a beer garden having a pint and a shmoke

I've been doing it since I was about 16, and while I have on occassion felt the urge the next day to have another one, I'm not compelled to the point that I'd actually pay for the stinkin things! :D

Although once or twice when I was really drunk, I had a cigarette and it made me feel horrible, my head was spinning more than previously, and I felt like throwing up.

So I don't smoke when I'm drunk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Can't say I do. Gave up smoking 3 years ago and wouldn't contemplate it when drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Sherifu wrote: »
    Smoking anytime; no.
    sorry this is off topic but wheres your lovely avatar?

Holsten wrote: »
    No, smoking makes me feel really, really sick.

I'll stick with yummy, yummy beer.
    dont smoke then:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No cancer sticks for me any time.

nevf wrote: »
    Haven't started, and hopefully never will.
    Drinking is good though, except when people overdo it.

Drinking and smoking... meh, nah...
    i hope you dont start smoking.
    Once you start you cant stop.
    i wish i could stop as ive been smoking for 28 years and i regret it.
    im sure your young.
    Be smoke free it be the best thing you ever do.

smoking is addictive
    wow! good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im a smoker myself. Alcohol only turns me into some cigarette smoking machine. I go from 12 a day to a good 30 on a good night out... on top of the 12 i've had that day..

I feel absolutly MANK the next morning, and no ammount of showering, teeth brushing, mouth wash rinse, fry up, <insert feel good item> will get rid of the horrible mouth taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Alan Ford wrote: »
    sorry this is off topic but wheres your lovely avatar?
    In the wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Quit regular smoking about 6 yrs ago, but the minute I have a drink especially when I'm out at pub/club, I reach for the smokes. If I'm at home or in a mate's I'll be toking so that takes the place of fags, but being out, I'll eat my way through a 20 pack in a few hours. Always regret it the next day, definitely makes hangovers worse and I'd be of the opinion that it's probably as bad for you as fulltime smoking...

• Advertisement

quote=Dudess;56252469 I've two yummy fags left and I'm gonna enjoy them out on the balcony now
    I hope your not drunk on the balcony!
    this

Advertisement