Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking when drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

As a smoker, I've been bred to hate the 'occasional' smoker as they don't have to deal with the addiction and can just enjoy it now and again...
    Although the most annoying people are those who smoke when drinking but won't buy their own and just rob all of yours!!

Either way, smoking is cool, and if you don't think so, you've clearly missed out on a lot of great movies and TV shows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Smokers smell like evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Funnily enough, i find it hard to say no to a line of charlie or a yoke when im locked. i wouldnt do them in the middle of the day when im sober at work though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What a lame topic for a thread. Can't believe I started it... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

Dudess wrote: »
    What a lame topic for a thread. Can't believe I started it... :rolleyes:

Glad you didn't fall off the balcony. :)
    Drink+after hours=bad idea
    Drink+personal issues=very bad idea
    drink+pro wrestling forum=fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

i used to hate smoking for years, and used to give out to my non-smoking friends for smoking when they were drunk, but i do it the whole time myself now when im drinking.
    smoking is cool kids, dont listen to anyone who tells you it's not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

i used to hate smoking for years, and used to give out to my non-smoking friends for smoking when they were drunk, but i do it the whole time myself now when im drinking.
    smoking is cool kids, dont listen to anyone who tells you it's not ;)

Pfft, smoking isn't cool when you used to be a preacher...you gotta come out of the womb with a Camel in your mouth tee hee :pac:

I have been doing this alot recently. Not good at all. Came home on Saturday night and chain smoked till 5 am watching tv....like wtf!? My ma woke up the next morning going mad looking for her smokes and I just pointed at my sister :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Davidius wrote: »
    Smokers smell like evil.

Is it lonely on your pedestal??

OP: I started as Pub Smoker but that only lasts a while, eventually you want one the next day and so on until you are a full time smoker like me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

What is this Jigsaw thread?

It is arguably one of the most overhyped, yet in truth, utter unremarkable threads you will ever have come across in your life.

Anyway, its gone to thread heaven now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I know :( Drinking does awful things to people

On the same note, I only said what many other posters here did. Go call them hypocrites too!!!!!! :p

Sure. Everybody is a hypocrite.

Jigsaw wrote: »
    It is arguably one of the most overhyped, yet in truth, utter unremarkable threads you will ever have come across in your life.

Anyway, its gone to thread heaven now.

Could we at least have call me Jimmy's hare hard worked quotes back?

Jigsaw it was a great thread. You are just bitter that you were the subject of ALOT of laughter. Denial made that thread what it was & your still at it! On your bike! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

SumGuy wrote: »
    Although the most annoying people are those who smoke when drinking but won't buy their own and just rob all of yours!!

I smoke. I smoke more when I'm drunk.

The best craic is usually in the smoking areas in pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I currently smoke a few while drinking. I'm my worst own enemy tbh. I felt really bad for bumming one or two off the lads on a night so I started buying my own. ugh. I just hope I cop on soon and quit before the addiction spreads to non-drinking times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I'm an irregular smoker. Get through about 20 fags a week some in completely sober state, some when i'm having a drink. When i go out i start off having plenty of smokes but as i get drunk i actually smoke less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

quote=stevec;56262246
    The best craic is usually in the smoking areas in pubs
    Do you mean outside the pub smoking area or inside the pub?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Alan Ford wrote: »
    Do you mean outside the pub smoking area or inside the pub?

:confused: You can't smoke inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

stevec wrote: »
    :confused: You can't smoke inside.
    i know that stevec
    but it sounds like
    quote=stevec;56262246 smoking areas in pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Steve_o wrote: »
    Is it lonely on your pedestal??
    No, as long as I have Jesus and the love of Christ on my side, evil is no match!

Heh heh, look at me, I'm the Master Sword!

SRS Biz: I knew if I left :pac: out of any non-srs post, somebody would think I was srs.
    Have to stop saying srs too.

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm a scroungy tight-fisted old hag who won't buy my own smokes and just smoke everyone's cigarettes.

For shame.
    Although the most annoying people are those who smoke when drinking but won't buy their own and just rob all of yours

Amen.
    stevec wrote: »
    The best craic is usually in the smoking areas in pubs.

Amen uimhir a dó.
    The Bollox wrote: »
    I currently smoke a few while drinking. I'm my worst own enemy tbh. I felt really bad for bumming one or two off the lads on a night so I started buying my own. ugh. I just hope I cop on soon and quit before the addiction spreads to non-drinking times

[chants] one of us, one of us, one of us [/chants]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

As a smoker, I've been bred to hate the 'occasional' smoker as they don't have to deal with the addiction and can just enjoy it now and again...

Either way, smoking is cool, and if you don't think so, you've clearly missed out on a lot of great movies and TV shows :pac:

All of what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't mind giving a non-smoker a cigarette, but not all the time. Buy your own FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I generally only smoke when drinking also but latety I've been sneaking a few fags during the week aswell, which I'm getting kind of worried about