Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Czech Republic Vs Turkey

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And an English player makes it to the quarer finals! \o/

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Wow, what a last 15 mins! I thought the Czechs were fairly comfortable even at 2:1. Then Cech had to drop the ball like that. I haven't seen replays of the Turkish third goal. I assume the player was onside? Cracking finish in off the bar anyway.

I feel sorry for Jan Koller, what a heartbreaking way to lose your international game. Still, well done the Turks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a night of football, really enjoyed that last 25 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Trilla wrote: »
    Questions have to be asked about Cech now... you have to feel sorry for him though.

I'm sorry but why do questions have to be asked about Cech now? It just proves that even the best of players can make mistakes and it proves as a goalkeeper that every mistake you make is likely to be punished. Feel sorry for the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Questions have to be asked about Cech now... you have to feel sorry for him though.

he has not been the same since his injury, seems to be alot more cautious, which i think has led to mistakes
    BOHSBOHS wrote: »
    F^&* remind me to never fill in my wallchart until the final whistle:p

was very tempted to fill mine as well with 20 minutes to go

:o

was absolutly screeming at the TV when it went 2-2, what a huge downer, 3 goals in the last 15 minutes, the keeper sent off, one of the un used subs booked,

had an acumaloter going for the 8 teams to reach the final, did not think this was the group that would cost it for me

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Wow... the dream (and my borrowed team) lives on! One of the best comebacks ever in the tournament. My heart is still beating! Now for the Croats! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

malice_ wrote: »
    I assume the player was onside?

Yes he was well on side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

malice_ wrote: »
    Wow, what a last 15 mins! I thought the Czechs were fairly comfortable even at 2:1. Then Cech had to drop the ball like that. I haven't seen replays of the Turkish third goal. I assume the player was onside? Cracking finish in off the bar anyway.

was certain at the time it was off side, would need to see it again

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He was level. No question when you see the replay.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

mike65 wrote: »
    And an English player makes it to the quarer finals! \o/

Mike.

Imagine the headlines if the English had made it and ended up facing Turkey :eek:

There it is. If the CL has Liverpool, the Euros have Turkey.

I feel sorry for Koller and Cech but tbh they were one of the boring teams who were getting results, glad to be rid of them. tbh the first 45 was the most boring play Ive seen so far. Cheered for the first two Turkish goals, tbh was disappointed with the 3rd as it meant no penos :(

Aside from the play

a- What is the name of that tune being played after every goal?

b- Hilarious to see the gas fcukers with the yellow jerseys, goalie gloves and Petr Cech black headgear in the Czech crowd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

mike65 wrote: »
    Cech need to be investigated by the Czechs.
    Questions have to be asked about Cech now...

what do yiz mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

shane86 wrote: »
    Bellini - Samba de Janeiro

Quite an old song actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

shane86 wrote: »
    Imagine the headlines if the English had made it and ended up facing Turkey :eek:

There it is. If the CL has Liverpool, the Euros have Turkey.

I feel sorry for Koller and Cech but tbh they were one of the boring teams who were getting results, glad to be rid of them. tbh the first 45 was the most boring play Ive seen so far. Cheered for the first two Turkish goals, tbh was disappointed with the 3rd as it meant no penos :(

Aside from the play

b- Hilarious to see the gas fcukers with the yellow jerseys, goalie gloves and Petr Cech black headgear in the Czech crowd :D

The most honest posting i've ever read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

monkey9 wrote: »
    The most honest posting i've ever read

Really? :confused: Didnt think it contained any earth shattering honest opinion but...eh....thanks :pac:

Aye Bazmo have heard it loads, just needed the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Shamrok wrote: »
    Wow... the dream (and my borrowed team) lives on! One of the best comebacks ever in the tournament. My heart is still beating! Now for the Croats! :D

Glad to hear your still with us!
    Wow what a last 20 mins of the game, it nearly had everything, besides a streaker!
    Some finish by Nihat, was raging I dropped him from my fantasy football team! The 3rd goal was one of the finest finishes I have ever seen, when you consider the time/conditions/pressure it was phenomenal!Especially when he hit the "wet football" that peter cech let slide through his hands with such guile!

Re the red card:
    Koller clearly went in to nail the goalie with a shoulder when the ball was played through, so that obviously annoyed him, but his reaction to push him was stupid, but Kollers reaction was disappointing for a big man who obviously would be able for a push like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,431 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cech deliberately did not take control of the ball first time for the cross - he said he was trying to push it into a better position for himself to catch, but pushed it too far away from himself, and that he realises he should have punched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Ah nuts, I feel sorry for him, even though he plays for Chelsea!
    Its typical of a goalies mistake everyone notices! I was waiting to see David James afro being revealed when he took off the skull cap!
    Tough break on the guy, but thats football and thats what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Okay did anyone else switch from the football after 70 mins to watch 24 on DVD?? No? Obviously just me then that missed the comeback.

Also nice to see it was Nihat grabbing a brace. Had him in fantasy football team but after the fcuk up when we were only regestered for the pre tournament friendly's I couldn't be arsed putting him in.
    Good start to my Monday morning.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

This is why i love football. Just before the Turks scored the first the Czechs hit the post which would have sealed the win then all of a sudden it's bang bang bang and they're on their way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dun laoire wrote: »
    This is why i love football. Just before the Turks scored the first the Czechs hit the post which would have sealed the win then all of a sudden it's bang bang bang ....

.... and the dirt is gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement