Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Fathers Day!

Options
  • 15-06-2008 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

Any other dad's about or are ye all having Sleep in's and Breakfast in Bed!

I know i'm not! Junior decided that I had enough sleep about 2 hours ago!

Now will I treat myself to that fry up!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Have a good day Gillie :)

And all the other Dads out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

sueme wrote: »
    Have a good day Gillie :)

Cheers Sue!

For those of you dad's that are up VH1 are showing songs for dads!
    Pretty good selection!

As long as theres no Dad dancing, have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

As long as theres no Dad dancing, have fun!

:o
    Only when I have a few too many brewskies in me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Hope you had a great Day Gillie.

Treat yourself to a Brewskie and have a bop now;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ah, Fathers' Day... That one day of the year when we are truly appreciated.

My family showed me how much they appreciate me by getting me up out of bed at 8 (ok, ok I was brought tea & toast in the leaba at 7:30). After being honoured with nappy-changing duties, I was then promoted to Chef and asked to make a picnic. I was then allowed to drive them all to the Zoo &, lucky me, they even let me pay in & buy them loads of treats!

Once there I was appreciated even more by my boys sitting on my shoulders for long stretches as we walked around, dripping melting Loop-the-Loops onto my head.

When we finished in the Zoo they brought me to the Papal Cross so I could chase them up & down the hill for ages. I couldn't believe my luck!

Finally, when we got home, their appreciation waned considerably & I had to console myself with a quite couple of pints & just the Sunday paper for company. Still, it was good while it lasted.

(If you read this on boards in years to come - Thanks boys! I'm a very lucky Dad. ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Snap. :)

Apparently, the best present I could have would be to go and see the baby sea loin.

Never even seen the Sunday paper though, so lucky you.

Good times.

Off Topic: Members pass into the Zoo was the best investment I made this year. We have been four times so far. No queues or cash required. The facilities are brilliant with the only drawback being the crappy food and extortionate prices in the "Restaurant". Picnics FTW. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Hill Billy wrote: »
    dripping melting Loop-the-Loops onto my head.

hmmmm, my favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I had the privilege of being on a stag weekend in Galway but when I arrived home yesterday I was greeted by my two and a half year old daughter who opened the door to me and said, 'Happy Fathers Day'...how nice that was, melted my heart!

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Ah, Fathers' Day... That one day of the year when we are truly appreciated.

My family showed me how much they appreciate me by getting me up out of bed at 8 (ok, ok I was brought tea & toast in the leaba at 7:30). After being honoured with nappy-changing duties, I was then promoted to Chef and asked to make a picnic. I was then allowed to drive them all to the Zoo &, lucky me, they even let me pay in & buy them loads of treats!

Once there I was appreciated even more by my boys sitting on my shoulders for long stretches as we walked around, dripping melting Loop-the-Loops onto my head.

When we finished in the Zoo they brought me to the Papal Cross so I could chase them up & down the hill for ages. I couldn't believe my luck!

Finally, when we got home, their appreciation waned considerably & I had to console myself with a quite couple of pints & just the Sunday paper for company. Still, it was good while it lasted.

(If you read this on boards in years to come - Thanks boys! I'm a very lucky Dad. ;))

Lol!

Go on, you enjoyed it just as much as them!

Btw you sound like a cool Dad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lol!

Go on, you enjoyed it just as much as them!

Btw you sound like a cool Dad. :)
    Thanks sueme. Yeah, I had a brilliant day. It is all part of life's rich tapestry getting chocolate stains in your shirts & back-ache from the piggy-pack rides & I wouldn't miss a minute of it. I wouldn't be the "coolest" dad in the world (I can be a curmudgeonly oul' fceker at times), but I sure do love my boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ah Dads, I'm glad ye had a nice day but I think as they get older they will do more to make your dad's day special. My boys are 12 and 10 and they got up just after 10am and helped me cook a full irish breakfast for their dad, then they gave him his present.

They spent the day pottering about the house, did a bbq and then their dad chilled out with a few beers watching Gladiators :rolleyes:

Advertisement