Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Hey PSM good to see your still with us!! I too have been hanging back of late, i'm so keeping my fingers crossed for us this upcoming week:eek::eek::eek:!

You said it. I reckon calls this week or next. I soooooooo need it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

times 2 on that ^^^

even though i know its damn near impossible for me to get a call this time round, im still clinging onto hope lol

*Continuing on from the AC thread*

Did you miss me loads and loads bc84??. LOL

cant say i did chum. did u miss me?

bc84 wrote: »
    cant say i did chum. did u miss me?

Well if you didnt miss me I didint miss you.:eek::(:p

• Advertisement

ok i lied, i did indeed miss you :P

bc84 wrote: »
    ok i lied, i did indeed miss you :P

Awh thanks:). I missed our wee silly episodes

Awh thanks:). I missed our wee silly episodes

episodes? like eastenders? i heart eastenders ~plays drums~

im sure this place will busy up again now with the potential of more calls going out this week possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TOWNBOSS

hey guys. anyone know anything about appealing when you fail your vetting? any help much appreciated....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

TOWNBOSS wrote: »
    hey guys. anyone know anything about appealing when you fail your vetting? any help much appreciated....

On what grounds?

• Advertisement

psni wrote: »
    On what grounds?

Post #1750- vetting thread explains all. (havent a clue how to post it on this thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TOWNBOSS

On what grounds?

i apparently have 3 fixed penalty notices, one of which i was totally unaware of and hence didn't disclose. i still can't recollect it, even given the date and offence. no points on my license for it either. so, as it stands i have that fixed penalty with no points 3 years ago, 3 points for no seatbelt just before i applied and another 3 point offence just after i applied which still hasn't actually been added to my license because the officer in question has been on the sick. i am devastated and think this is extremely harsh. especially as the criteria say that fixed penalty notices will only be taken into consideration when the candidate shows a blatant disregard for the law.17 years driving and 3 fixed penalties surely doesn't qualify as blatant disregard for the law?!?!?!?! granted, their timing could have been better! thanks PYG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

PM sent TOWNBOSS.
    TOWNBOSS wrote: »
    i apparently have 3 fixed penalty notices, one of which i was totally unaware of and hence didn't disclose. i still can't recollect it, even given the date and offence. no points on my license for it either. so, as it stands i have that fixed penalty with no points 3 years ago, 3 points for no seatbelt just before i applied and another 3 point offence just after i applied which still hasn't actually been added to my license because the officer in question has been on the sick. i am devastated and think this is extremely harsh. especially as the criteria say that fixed penalty notices will only be taken into consideration when the candidate shows a blatant disregard for the law.17 years driving and 3 fixed penalties surely doesn't qualify as blatant disregard for the law?!?!?!?! granted, their timing could have been better! thanks PYG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Just wondering if i get as far as vetting , I was stopped once for no tax or MOT on way to get car serviced and proved this to police so they let me off with £30 fine no points or anything is that something i have to disclose on vetting form they said i didn't need to notify insurance or anything. The reason i ask is i cant remember the date it was about 3 years ago so I would have to go to police station to get dates im guessing?

So you weren't let off then. You got a non-endorsable FPN.

And yes... you must disclose ALL FPNs, endorsable or non-endorsable.
    Just wondering if i get as far as vetting , I was stopped once for no tax or MOT on way to get car serviced and proved this to police so they let me off with £30 fine no points or anything is that something i have to disclose on vetting form they said i didn't need to notify insurance or anything. The reason i ask is i cant remember the date it was about 3 years ago so I would have to go to police station to get dates im guessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

So you weren't let off then. You got a non-endorsable FPN.

And yes... you must disclose ALL FPNs, endorsable or non-endorsable.

sorry i didn't mean i was let off just that i didn't get points. Thanks for letting me know , I know ultimately its up to vetting people but do you's think this will mean i will fail vetting?

They won't fail you for something that trivial.
    sorry i didn't mean i was let off just that i didn't get points. Thanks for letting me know , I know ultimately its up to vetting people but do you's think this will mean i will fail vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

When filling out vetting forms, Put in that you got an FPN, and that you are unable to clarify the date due to it being anything up to 3 years ago. It's worse if you do not say as they may reject you for 'failing to disclose'.
    If you have already sent the forms off, Just contact them and inform them that you think you have omitted something and would like to rectify it now if possible.............then, give them the details.

Hope this helps
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

integra1 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Hope you all enjoyed SID as much as I did!:D Can I ask how everyone is carting their belongings to GV? I am thinking a suit case or how is everyone else bringing their gear in?

Cheers Teg

Great day alright. I was going for the 40 foot articulated lorry myself.:D The king size memory foam bed will be delivered while im there. No idea where i'll put the leather recliners though!!!

Great day alright. I was going for the 40 foot articulated lorry myself.:D The king size memory foam bed will be delivered while im there. No idea where i'll put the leather recliners though!!!

Can I rent the funiture off you after your 4 weeks?

• Advertisement

Can I rent the funiture off you after your 4 weeks?

For a nominal fee. Shag pile carpet too. Oh dear. Dont. That ones too easy. :D

For a nominal fee. Shag pile carpet too. Oh dear. Dont. That ones too easy. :D

Im actually looking for a bit (a lot) of that!!;)

Im actually looking for a bit (a lot) of that!!;)

As far as I know theyre available in long rolls. Though dont quote me.

As far as I know theyre available in long rolls. Though dont quote me.

Fabulous! Was thinking a nude colour, is that available!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

well that carpet is in my house currently pyg. feel free to stop by anytime

smyff wrote: »
    well that carpet is in my house currently pyg. feel free to stop by anytime

Now theres an offer! Is it clean? Has it had much wear and tear?

(ps- rosco, I moved our convo to here or id get told off)

Now theres an offer! Is it clean? Has it had much wear and tear?

(ps- rosco, I moved our convo to here or id get told off)
    not muchhhhh like i was hoping someone could help me break it in if ya know what i mean... (why a carpet would need breaking in i do not know)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

smyff wrote: »
    not muchhhhh like i was hoping someone could help me break it in if ya know what i mean... (why a carpet would need breaking in i do not know)

I'd offer to help but I'm too damn old......as you kept politely reminding me last thursday night.:p
    Anyhoo. MGH is off the market!;)

I'd offer to help but I'm too damn old......as you kept politely reminding me last thursday night.:p

Well if youre old then I'm dinosaurous. Spill. And I want the gory bits too......:eek:

• Advertisement

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. ill stay single just incase you become reavailable again.

RPC, i thought dinosaurs are meant to be big. your like, 4 foot tall... but the age thing. you both arent even that old youse both look under 30...

Advertisement