Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

You must be close to the edge if you're gonna watch top gear!! I can't think of any acceptable phrase to use on a Sunday when referring to Jeremy Clarkson so i'll just refrain.

He is actually so bad he's good.

My septic peg vibe tells me itll all happen this week fo sho. Assume positions by phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

My septic peg vibe tells me itll all happen this week fo sho. Assume positions by phones.

Missionary or reverse cowgirl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

You must be close to the edge if you're gonna watch top gear!! I can't think of any acceptable phrase to use on a Sunday when referring to Jeremy Clarkson so i'll just refrain.

I'm with you on that RPC, phone is charging as we type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Missionary or reverse cowgirl?

LO very L..That should well pass the time nicely till the calls. And Im not even waiting!!!!!!!!

LO very L..That should well pass the time nicely till the calls. And Im not even waiting!!!!!!!!

Well as you know I am intent on burning as many calories as possible in the next few weeks!:D
    All exercise innit?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

I bet this episode they drive numerous cars,test their speed & ability then they might get either really old bangers or really fast cars & have a bit of a race thingy & then get a so called celeb to undertake a race against the clock on a course which other people have driven. Then they'll sit about & make white-middle-aged jokes about cars & maybe a politician or two.

Can you tell i hate Top Gear?? I'll not hold it against you PYG!! lol:D

BTW, i meant are you watching the golf given your bored !!!
    you have just described a great idea for a tv show. you should be a director. i know people who hate clarkson. but love top gear. its comical. it shows nice cars. its well made by its camera work and guests.

im young, and alot of young people think its funny. and old. so dont diss middle aged white men. strange, you like golf? i thought that was MOSTLY middle aged men, walking about in slippers, grandad caps, tight trousers with their polo shirt tucked into those trousers. haha. you should try watching 5th gear. and the severe lack of clutch control and harsh breaking...

reverse cowgirl RPC then eh? ;);)

smyff wrote: »
    you have just described a great idea for a tv show. you should be a director. i know people who hate clarkson. but love top gear. its comical. it shows nice cars. its well made by its camera work and guests.

im young, and alot of young people think its funny. and old. so dont diss middle aged white men. strange, you like golf? i thought that was MOSTLY middle aged men, walking about in slippers, grandad caps, tight trousers with their polo shirt tucked into those trousers. haha. you should try watching 5th gear. and the severe lack of clutch control and harsh breaking...

and on that bombshell, dont stereotype

If you read the last line you'll see that i said, btw, i meant if you're watching the golf. A thank you.

However, i see you have taken a great deal of time & effort in your reply & i admire your enthusiasm regardless of your standpoint & therefore i feel compelled to reply .
    Further,regarding your second post & on that bombshell etc.. you'll find that stereotypes are an unavoidable part of life,whether people like to admit it or not!:) I mean of course it's great to have people hear you say "oh i don't stereotype & we shouldn't stereotype ...blah blah" however when it comes to it you do it anyway, whether you admit it or not.
    You'll find that tv programmes are essentially based on stereotypes & specific demographics within society, hence this is how they get viewers because they are compiled to appeal to a certain section of the population. Oh wait that must involve stereotypes & we shouldn't stereotype.

Finally if i care to diss middle age white men, pray tell why you feel the need to even think you can tell me what to do?

I look forward to a humourously & uneccessarily long reply, equal to this.

Yours

A person who does stereotype.

BTW i can tell you like this kind of thing from your previous posts,so knock yourself out kiddo;).

If you read the last line you'll see that i said, btw, i meant if you're watching the golf. A thank you.

However, i see you have taken a great deal of time & effort in your reply & i admire your enthusiasm regardless of your standpoint & therefore i feel compelled to reply .Further,regarding your second post & on that bombshell etc.. you'll find that stereotypes are an unavoidable part of life,whether people like to admit it or not. I mean of course it's great to have people hear you say "oh i don't stereotype & we shouldn't stereotype ...blah blah" however when it comes to it you do it anyway, whether you admit it or not.

Finally if i care to diss middle age white men, excuse me? Pray tell why you feel the need to tell me what to do?

I look forward to a humourously & uneccessarily long reply, equal to this.

Yours

A person who does stereotype.

BTW, you'll find that tv programmes are essentially based on stereotypes & specific demographics within society, hence this is how they get viewers because they are compiled to appeal to a certain section of the population. Oh wait that must involve stereotypes & we shouldn't stereotype.

BTW i can tell you like this kind of thing from your previous posts,so knock yourself out kiddo;).

sorry, i got a really sore head reading on this. ill read it in the morning but i might go to sleep again.

nothing beats a bit of keyboard wars

bit touchy about the middle ages man subject are we;)

awwww. im flattered. you read my posts? i hope you dont print them out and put em up on your wall! eek. stereotyping againnnn!

sorry, i got a really sore head reading on this. ill read it in the morning but i might go to sleep again.

nothing beats a bit of keyboard wars

bit touchy about the middle ages man subject are we;)

awwww. im flattered. you read my posts? i hope you dont print them out and put em up on your wall! eek. stereotyping againnnn!

Ha ha ha! At least your not ashamed of taking the easy way out, good on ya;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Play nice kiddywinkles!!!!:rolleyes:

Play nice kiddywinkles!!!!:rolleyes:

He he he PYG, i always play nice;).

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

top gear rules KO

the boards are packed out today like arent they. all the excitement of the calls, for the best intake ever

potentially the best intake ever. but only if myself, pyg, psm and lou all get the call. which aint gonna happen lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

the boards are packed out today like arent they. all the excitement of the calls, for the best intake ever

Hay!!! 2nd best intake!!!!:D;)

bc84 wrote: »
    potentially the best intake ever. but only if myself, pyg, psm and lou all get the call. which aint gonna happen lol

You're not far wrong there bc, that'd besome intake i tell thee!!!:D

Alas it appears not to be, guess we gotta sit toght for the October intake now:(

BTW bc, have you recieved anything from our ac??? Iwonder if Chance? phoned to see what the craic was with his 2nd medical?

Well chance? did you phone them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

lol teg i hope you have as bad as a hangover as me....... lmao at delta geting into thompsons, at what he had to go through!!!

haave heard absolutely zero lou. dont know whether to take it as a good sign that they may be delaying me for an upcoming intake or as a bad sign that i've done absolutley dump in the AC and im awaiting a dear john letter lol

• Advertisement

Its oh so quiet- shssh shsssh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Its oh so quiet- shssh shsssh!!

Pyg, whats the craic for xmas - can you give them a bell down at hotel G'ville and find out for us please?
    We've had a chat and all together we feel its a MOD's job to find out.
    Many thanks in advance, and remember your P's & Q's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

given1 wrote: »
    lol teg i hope you have as bad as a hangover as me....... lmao at delta geting into thompsons, at what he had to go through!!!

Mate I'm a funny shade of Green today! Off the drink now for ages as we have GV to keep us occupied!!!!:D Delta is some operator on el Dance floor!!!;) Had a great nights guys cheers!

integra1 wrote: »
    Mate I'm a funny shade of Green today! Off the drink now for ages as we have GV to keep us occupied!!!!:D Delta is some operator on el Dance floor!!!;) Had a great nights guys cheers!

You said a quiet drink when you texted!!!! LOL
    Sorry couldnt make it guys but sounds like you had a proper send off before GV!

I guess all the calls are finished? Maybe someone will come online and surprise us like last night!

You know you lot would love to be in a squad with me. LOL!!:rolleyes::D

I guess all the calls are finished? Maybe someone will come online and surprise us like last night!

You know you lot would love to be in a squad with me. LOL!!:rolleyes::D

I would suddenly have a pressing engagement that would force me to defer until October! :p

Just kidding PYG, although I could imagine you being worse than the instructors, shouting at us for not enough shine on the boots, or the crease in the trousers not being sharp enough! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Just kidding PYG, although I could imagine you being worse than the instructors, shouting at us for not enough shine on the boots, or the crease in the trousers not being sharp enough! :D[/quote]

actually, no that'd be me that'd be like that.... my dad's ex serviceman's influence, if it moves salute it, if it doesn't paint or clean it!:p

yep indeedly, i am on it. will just ring exchange and play duh-umb. it's over 9 weeks now for fecksake.... anyways am off to watch chris moyles on who do you think you are? gotta be better than sitting wondering when will i get that blimmin call! lol:D

Nice one PSM. That Chris Moyles finds out bout his Irish family & his great grandad who was killed in WW1,he cries when he reads the newspaper accounts of men dying & how his great grandad jooked his headup over the trench & got a bullet right through the head. Scary stuff, anyways enjoy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

how you know that! can you see into the future? or do you know chris! did you hear Radio 1 this morning.... had me lmao all the way into work, am sure other drivers thought i wasn't wise.... video clip on website, v funny, that and comedy dave in his silver suit:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

how you know that! can you see into the future? or do you know chris! did you hear Radio 1 this morning.... had me lmao all the way into work, am sure other drivers thought i wasn't wise.... video clip on website, v funny, that and comedy dave in his silver suit:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Giggity giggity!!! I haven't listened to moyles in a good beard, yes i am a psychic, i have my own show on livingtv. My real name is Acorah, Derek Acorah.

I also read it in the newspaper, though i did have the premonition first eh.

Advertisement