Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

wellll lou! guess its that time of the week again isnt it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

top gear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

smyff wrote: »
    wellll lou! guess its that time of the week again isnt it :pac::pac::pac:

Nice one smyff, thanks for reminding me though gosh darn it, i think ive gone & missed it:mad:. Grrrrr, you know how i love that show to,& i also love pushing needles into my eyes & squashing my vegetables with breezeblocks:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Nice one smyff, thanks for reminding me though gosh darn it, i think ive gone & missed it:mad:. Grrrrr, you know how i love that show to,& i also love pushing needles into my eyes & squashing my vegetables with breezeblocks:eek:

Dont worry lou, you can watch it on Dave in 3 years time! LOL

haha. thats sounds exactly like something big clarkson would say about a car he didnt like!

• Advertisement

Anybody mind anything bout referees in the vetting forms?? I can't mind putting anyone down but i must've, hmmmmm:confused:

Also,d'ya thinkrefereesformedpart of the vetting process?? I know my vetting is cleared but i was wondering it it didn't do they then seek referees after you get the call??

Anybody?? My head is like a sieve recently:rolleyes: though my missus says she minds me putting someone down & they got the forms for the reference ages ago:confused::confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

i put my 2 good friends down as opposed to my boss, my friends know me far better and would give me the glowy, wonderful reference that i would like! they have not mentioned getting any forms to me, as i would assume they would tell, seeing as i am constantly chomping at the bit for any info about this fickin process!:(

lou i was talking to both of my ref's and none of them were contacted. i used the same reference as a sgt i know. i think he was contacted a few years back for his vetting!

I dont think many references ever get contacted, havent heard of any anyway. They maybe only contact them if you seem a bit dodgy and your vetting depends on it or something.

I dont think many references ever get contacted, havent heard of any anyway. They maybe only contact them if you seem a bit dodgy and your vetting depends on it or something.

its really hard to say like! just with the large number of people that get vetted. theres more non-boardies than boardies!

• Advertisement

its really hard to say like! just with the large number of people that get vetted. theres more non-boardies than boardies!

I know, but generally I dont think they do contact them. Not to worry.

Was thinking smyff, why dont you get a suit made. Nothing fancy like. You might as well spend a couple of hundred quid on a suit that fits rather than a suit that doesnt.

I know, but generally I dont think they do contact them. Not to worry.

Was thinking smyff, why dont you get a suit made. Nothing fancy like. You might as well spend a couple of hundred quid on a suit that fits rather than a suit that doesnt.

Fair point. & on the subject of large clothing etc i was in a sports shop today & there was a pair of New Balance trainers, size 19 :eek::eek::eek:!!!! They were full on Andre the Giant shoes!!!

A couple of guys i work with actually fly out to India, have a few days holidays and buy 4 or 5 custom tailored suits. They fit better than anything off the rack and the whole trip including suits costs way less than any big brand name here.

Fair point. & on the subject of large clothing etc i was in a sports shop today & there was a pair of New Balance trainers, size 19 :eek::eek::eek:!!!!

HOLY MOLY!! Hope you put them aside for smyff!:D

He he he!! Surprisingly enough they have yet to sell a pair, :rolleyes:go figure?

haha, im big but im not that big;)

talking about the subject of feet though... what about the black commando socks? has anyone gotten socks yet?! i dunno what to go for. and i take it, youll need 5 pairs... i dont wear the same socks everyday!!! HONEST:eek:

talking about the subject of feet though... what about the black commando socks? has anyone gotten socks yet?! i dunno what to go for. and i take it, youll need 5 pairs... i dont wear the same socks everyday!!! HONEST:eek:

I cant remember who is was, but someone from the inside said ordinary black socks from the likes of Dunnes were fine, all down to personal preference.

PS- they tend to come in 5 packs

I see that PSNI mentions these socks in the starting g'ville thread,but surely these aren't mandatory?? Other socks may work equally as well yet not be 'commando' socks, soifigure that the most comfortable socks would be best, but thick socks,such as thon commando socks,may probably work better with boots:rolleyes:

I cant remember who is was, but someone from the inside said ordinary black socks from the likes of Dunnes were fine, all down to personal preference.

PS- they tend to come in 5 packs

Yes. What she said.

I see that PSNI mentions these socks in the starting g'ville thread,but surely these aren't mandatory?? Other socks may work equally as well yet not be 'commando' socks, soifigure that the most comfortable socks would be best, but thick socks,such as thon commando socks,may probably work better with boots:rolleyes:
    awww but having the word commando in them just sounds so much more appealing! or army socks i thought it could have been. ive got think winter socks at the mo, i could wear them on a summers day and my feet dont get to warm, and theyre really comfy. is that the type of sock? ill just look for something comfy and black then!

• Advertisement

awww but having the word commando in them just sounds so much more appealing! or army socks i thought it could have been. ive got think winter socks at the mo, i could wear them on a summers day and my feet dont get to warm, and theyre really comfy. is that the type of sock? ill just look for something comfy and black then!

Yes i see what you mean,'commando' socks give a first impression of putting camoflauge paint on your bake & rolling about in the mud & dirt,through river & brooke & up & o'er hill & dale. yeah get the 'commando' socks:p.

Night night!

Play nice while im gone and please be good and stay on topic or else Lou's eye might get whipped! LOL

Night night!

Play nice while im gone and please be good and stay on topic or else Lou's eye might get whipped! LOL

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh Matron :eek::eek::eek:!!!!

I'm off :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

A couple of guys i work with actually fly out to India, have a few days holidays and buy 4 or 5 custom tailored suits. They fit better than anything off the rack and the whole trip including suits costs way less than any big brand name here.

Wait for the tailor from Hong Kong to come back to The Europa later this year and get your suits from him. £80 each made-to-measure and you don't pay him a penny until he comes back for a final fitting. The fabric choice is jaw-dropping and I don't think I'd ever buy retail again after using him. Watch out for the ad in the BT, usually a few months before Christmas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I see that PSNI mentions these socks in the starting g'ville thread,but surely these aren't mandatory??

The commando socks aren't necessary, but you must wear black socks. The reason I recommend commando is because the boots come with free blisters. Commando socks are double-lined and thick, and they last years.

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh Matron :eek::eek::eek:!!!!

I'm off :pac::pac::pac:

You know you'd love it Lou!

psni wrote: »
    The commando socks aren't necessary, but you must wear black socks. The reason I recommend commando is because the boots come with free blisters. Commando socks are double-lined and thick, and they last years.

Damn- not blisters?!?! My feet are the worst for blisters!

Talking of suits psni, it sort of reminds me of the Top Gear Vietnam Special! Did anyone see that one? Lou?

Damn- not blisters?!?! My feet are the worst for blisters!

Talking of suits psni, it sort of reminds me of the Top Gear Vietnam Special! Did anyone see that one? Lou?

Yeah I did. Clarkson was really p1ssed off at the start and I don't think that was an act either. The presents they bought each other were too funny.

psni wrote: »
    Yeah I did. Clarkson was really p1ssed off at the start and I don't think that was an act either. The presents they bought each other were too funny.

I swear I have watched it like 4 times. So so funny! Watched the repeat of the one where they went caravanning there on Sunday afternoon. Hilarious!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ImpRex

This could be the wrong section but I've tried to find this info and dont have the time to read through the hundreds of posts!

Is anyone up on the different stages of recruitment and their timelines at the moment?
    I applied back in April this year, did the IST and then the A/C near the start of June.

I've heard nothing yet as far as reject/vetting/medical is concerned.

I see some folks are in the Waiting Room or have got the call to start later this year - is this from the 2009 recruitment campaign or from last year?

Hate the thought of hanging around for another year.

Cheers

Advertisement