Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

bc84 wrote: »
    it has indeed, its like a cycle.

calls approach - it picks up
    calls happen - super busy
    calls stop - quietens down
    board dies

repeat for each intake.

anywho

when do you reckon for the calls lou?

It's gotta be this week or next week, i don't care as long as i get one this time:pac::pac::pac:

You also of course bc, & of course PYG & PSM!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

So lou, I bought-

A suitcase
    Suit covers (full length dress ones)
    Hangers
    Toiletry bags
    Mirror
    Hair brushes
    Some toiletries

Nothing exciting

You are such a moderator PYG lol!!!! Well what did you get?? Boot polish & all that good stuff??

It's gotta be this week or next week, i don't care as long as i get one this time:pac::pac::pac:

You also of course bc, & of course PYG & PSM!!!!

Cant believe you forgot me and then edited me in:(

Cant believe you forgot me and then edited me in:(

:eek::eek:!! I never did,i simply made a slight error in the composition of my post;). Plus the spacebar on this computer is banjaxed:mad:

• Advertisement

So lou, I bought-

A suitcase
    Hangers
    Toiletry bags
    Mirror
    Hair brushes
    Some toiletries

Nothing exciting

Excellent, an optimist just like meself:rolleyes:

Excellent, an optimist just like meself:rolleyes:

This weekend-

pens
    highlighters
    file block
    bed clothes

So lou, I bought-

A suitcase
    Hangers
    Toiletry bags
    Mirror
    Hair brushes
    Some toiletries

Nothing exciting

Oh and lint rollers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

what in gods name is a lint roller?

what in gods name is a lint roller?

You taking the pi$$????

• Advertisement

Its sticky sheets on a roll that you run over your clothes (uniform) to remove fluff and hairs. Very handy

You taking the pi$$????

He he!!! Yeah lint rollers! Used to use them on the old school blazer:rolleyes:

Its sticky sheets on a roll that you run over your clothes (uniform) to remove fluff and hairs. Very handy

Oh yes very handy indeed

Did you get any combat socks??

Did you get any combat socks??

No yet, saving them for another weekend!

Ps- if anyone needs a rub down with my lint roller your more than welcome. I mean, I wouldnt want any of you hansome chappies getting told off for having fluff on your uniform.

nope wasn't taking the double dollar at all. never in my puff heard of it, good idea all the same

On a serioiusnote, what do you think about the killers of Baby P, the mother her boyfriend & his brother?

Do you think they should ever be released? & if they are, should taxpayers money be used to provide them with new identities & relocate them?

This is a human rights nightmare. In my opinion these animals should never be released from prison & if for some absurdly unjust reason they are they should not be afforded such protection. However, of course there will be an argument that they are owed a duty of care in order to protect them from the public & the justice for which i personally think they deserve,however for me,nobody could argue that they deserve any such mercy.

Where was the mercy for Baby Peter? It's completely disgusting when you hear about what complete animals these people are, especially the boyfriend of the mother.

These people shouldnever be allowed to be free again. That's my opinion.

In my opinion if you kill someone or are connected closely with the killling then you should get life. The classic life for life. But I mean you shouldnt leave prison until you are in a wooden box. There is no point in a life sentence these days as you can walk out free after 12 years, or less.

And no, they shouldnt be re-located or given police protection or new identities! Keep them in their cells where they belong!

i agree with lou. for all intents and purposes they murdered their child. in my opinion they should never be released, and if they are it shouldnt be up to the taxpayer to fund their identities etc. saying that, you'd be going well to conceal the mother's identity, state of her.

anyway, absolute scum. dont really wanna go into too much on it as it really gets my blood boiling

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

for all intents and purposes they murdered their child.

Did they? There's a big difference between murdering someone and causing their death. All ahead of you...

• Advertisement

I know mine too, that's why i had to post it to get it out of my head y'know. It's the worst thing ever.

psni wrote: »
    Did they? There's a big difference between murdering someone and causing their death. All ahead of you...

oh for the love of....

well seeing as im not a police constable as yet, yes in my opinion they did. they inflicted the injuries that ultimately caused the death of the baby, so i reckon they deserve a murder charge.

if or when i am trained in the differences that you are talking about then i'll change my opinion. either way, theres no escaping the fact that they're scum bags.

as for the all ahead of me part, that remains very much to be seen :)

psni wrote: »

Indeed psni, actus reus & mens rea & all that good stuff! Ah, the memories of 2nd year are all flooding back to me now;).

And of course, the most important element to remember, "The Woolmington Principle", that "Golden Thread" of british law that is the presumption of innocence & the burden of proof. And why the burden is on the prosecution to determine guilt "beyond all reasonable doubt" & not on the accused to determine their innocence.

I think that's it, I'm a bit rusty all the same:p It's funny, i hated Criminal Law & didn't take the advanced modules,i was more of an evidence kinda guy, still highly relevant though.

Indeed psni, actus reus & mens rea & all that good stuff! Ah, the memories of 2nd year are all flooding back to me now;).

And of course, the most important element to remember, "The Woolmington Principle", that "Golden Thread" of british law that is the presumption of innocence & the burden of proof. And why the burden is on the prosecution to determine guilt "beyond all reasonable doubt" & not on the accused to determine their innocence.

I think that's it, I'm a bit rusty all the same:p It's funny, i hated Criminal Law & didn't take the advanced modules,i was more of an evidence kinda guy, still highly relevant though.

you have quite a headstart there lou by the looks of things!

Was it manslaughter then?

I have yet to learn the differences!

Did anyone else see the announcement of 'our' new boss? Will be interesting to see what he brings to the table. I dont want Sir Hugh to go. I think Sir Hugh rocked, he took no sh!t!

you have quite a headstart there lou by the looks of things!

Aye it's it's been a while all the same, though i know it's all rattling about in there some where!! As i said i didnt take any advanced modules, just the compulsory Criminal, i'm sure some of the skills & knowledge will be relavant some where along the line:rolleyes:

your gonna be popular at gv if you get in. you'll never have to bull boots or iron uniforms ever. people will be trading assignments with you all over the place lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Lynx655

HI all I was wondering if anyone knows where you can details of pay and benefits, I know the basic salary but was wondering do recruits get the Northern Ireland Transitional Allowance and if there were any other benefits i.e BUPA allowance, childminder saver scheme etc. Its just that I want to join so bad but have to let head rule heart and need to work out if I can afford the pay cut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Lynx655 wrote: »
    HI all I was wondering if anyone knows where you can details of pay and benefits, I know the basic salary but was wondering do recruits get the Northern Ireland Transitional Allowance and if there were any other benefits i.e BUPA allowance, childminder saver scheme etc. Its just that I want to join so bad but have to let head rule heart and need to work out if I can afford the pay cut.

Yes, new recruits get the special allowance from day 1. If you join the Federation, you can sign up to join Bupa at a the rates shown on their site here. As for saver schemes and the like, you become eligible to join the Harp & Crown Credit Union, located within the Garnerville walls, and the Police Mutual.

Advertisement