Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 adam2695

Im not sure mate, I too passed the assessment centre and thought that I did quite well, but as yet still no vetting or medical date etc. It is very annoying as you just don't know what the craic is!!! It is totally random, as people who did it earlier than me, and who might have done worse than me, have been given vetting forms/medical etc, which is just false hope. Not long till the end of the month now, so will find out merit score and have a better idea then. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Not sure about medical forms still being posted out but I know of people who are only having their medicals now.

I did the AC in June and the medical in August. Got vetting forms in July and now just wiaiting for the merit list.

I don't think I got the forms any quicker because I did really well in the AC (although I hope I did!). I applied early for this campaign and I honestly think thats the only reason I've done everything quicker than some others.

I'm not enev sure if my vetting has been completed as I sent off the forms in July but have heard nout back since:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ThinGreenLine

In the last campaign, those who got vetting forms early turned out to be the ones who had the lowest merit numbers. It also appeared that they only offered you a medical if you stood a realistic chance of being offered a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

In the last campaign, those who got vetting forms early turned out to be the ones who had the lowest merit numbers. It also appeared that they only offered you a medical if you stood a realistic chance of being offered a place.

I hope you're right mate. Been at this applying lark since C13 and failed both times at medical. Have passed medical this time and hopefully 3rd times a charm for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

I've done the medical, the fitness test, and had my fingerprints taken, I am waiting on my vetting still... I am from abroad, so it takes longer for me. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ThinGreenLine

I've done the medical, the fitness test, and had my fingerprints taken, I am waiting on my vetting still... I am from abroad, so it takes longer for me. Any thoughts?

Give recruitment a call and ask what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnmcclain

im new to this and have a question i wonder if anyone could answer, if a black protestant passed all the stages and had a bad merit score would they stand a better chance of getting a place than a white protestant with a good merit score?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

im new to this and have a question i wonder if anyone could answer, if a black protestant passed all the stages and had a bad merit score would they stand a better chance of getting a place than a white protestant with a good merit score?

Not 100% sure I understand the references to Black / White but the short answer to your question is that the candidate with the better merit score in your scenario would be chosen over the candidate with the lower score.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gawa

Any ideas about this campaign?

I've completed my medical - but no idea if this should give me hope or not? No word from vetting folks...........

When do you think the merit scores will be out?? I will be giving them a ring first thing on Monday morning to see. If anyone manages to get through and get theres, give a post so we can all be put out of our misery!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

adam2695 wrote: »
    When do you think the merit scores will be out?? I will be giving them a ring first thing on Monday morning to see. If anyone manages to get through and get theres, give a post so we can all be put out of our misery!!!

Could anyone tell me where to get the number for recruitment? Is it on the vetting or medical forms?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EB1979

I phoned today to see if merit scores are available yet and was told end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 razzers

Are they able to give you a merit score if your medical hasnt taken place yet, or is the medical part of the merit scoring?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

jclegs wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me where to get the number for recruitment? Is it on the vetting or medical forms?

Cheers

Ring switchboard on 90650222 and ask to be put through to recruitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

BoutYe wrote: »
    Ring switchboard on 90650222 and ask to be put through to recruitment.

Thanks, I'll give them a call next week sometime.

Just rang recruitment there now, and they are still not out... Said they are not permitted to give a day or a date that they are out, just that they are not out yet lol.... The waiting continues!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

adam2695 - Please don't cross-post in future. You don't need to post the same info on more than one thread.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 razzers

Just rang recruitment there now, and they are still not out... Said they are not permitted to give a day or a date that they are out, just that they are not out yet lol.... The waiting continues!!

They will probably be a week or 2 yet until they are out then, maybe ring next week and ask.

apologies, just thought that I should have put it in the general thread

anybody get through the recruitment this morning??? Can't get through at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

it could be a sign that the merits are out, keep trying and keep us updated adam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonetoosoon

This is going to be a long week. If they could only tell us a date it would be helpful.

I hate getting worked up/excited about the merit list coming out because if I get a bad merit score I will be even more disappointed but there is nothing else for it!:P

I guess it will just be a call a day until they relent and let us have our scores!:D

Good luck to everyone!:D:D:D

Exactly, I havnt rang today... But will doing so tommorow morning!

Best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EB1979

Rang today, will probably be at least a week before merit list is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

PSNI - JUST POPPED ON AND ITS GOOD TO SEE YOUR STILL HERE HELPIN ALL THE POOR LOST SOULS WHO WANA JOIN THE PSNI........

Wanalaugh:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I hear ya Wanalaugh. Good to see an old face.

Well adam, did you ring for merit number?:confused:

Just rang there mate, and they are not giving them out yet... "We are not allowed to divulge that information" or something like that.... Should hurry up thats all I am saying!

Just rang there mate, and they are not giving them out yet... "We are not allowed to divulge that information" or something like that.... Should hurry up thats all I am saying!

Man alive! You can't get any closer to the end of the month than the last day of the month!!

If they are saying they cannot divulge the information that means they have information to divulge! Our merit numbers sitting there on some computer screen and we can't get 'em!

Is it the weekend yet??!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

omg you think it would save them a whole load of bother if they just give out the scores and got done with it, instead of us having to continually phone them for them to say the same thing over, its sooooo frustrating!!

Does anyone think that maybe all the ppl who are been vetted/medical at mo have like the top scores, then if they fail on vetting or medical they filter down through us??just a random thought...........

Advertisement