Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

Me too, no post either :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

Me too, no post either :eek::eek::eek:

me three no post today!

Im sorry I posted that now, please dont hate me if no one gets any word and I have stressed you all out over the weekend! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

Don't apologise Mrs Mike! You're just passing on the info they've given you. It seems to be they're saying different things to every caller! I was told 2 days ago it'd be a week before we hear, then they tell someone else a fortnight, now they tell us there's letters. It's madness! All fun and games though, i'll update if I hear anything tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Ill keep an eye out for letters tomorrow (today) but i doubt anything is coming just yet as someone was bound to have got one today if they were sent. And its all your fault MrsMike :) only joking at least its made the boards pick up a bit. Im off to sleep under the letter box now .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

Did anyone get a letter today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

No, our postman's not been yet. I heard the letter box go earlier and my heart went into my mouth!! It was only a free paper!! AAGGGHHHHHHHHH :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

I didnt get anything in the post today (postmans just been!) :(

Just to let yous know, I called this morning again and they're still not allowed to release the merit numbers. I said that I didn't want to keep bothering them so could they give me an idea of when to call next and the lady advised I call this time next week...

I wonder what the letters were or did they actually send any, as I got nothing Friday or Saturday. Very odd?

Did anyone hear from them at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

I wonder what the letters were or did they actually send any, as I got nothing Friday or Saturday. Very odd?

Did anyone hear from them at all?

I called recruitment on Fri morning. I was told that all applicants would be getting a letter and that they were being sent out in 2 batches with the last batch going out that day. If they are all sent 2nd class the standard time is 3 working days. That takes us up to this Wednesday for letters posted on Fri.

I guess we have all been waiting long enough. Another 2 days will hardly break us!!

Good luck to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonetoosoon

Cheers for the info Misterjay. At least you have been told by recruitment themselves that letters have gone out.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 c16_4_me

Hello Everyone,

Got the Dear John in the post this morning, absolutely gutted, but will take from the experience and try again for the 2nd time.

Good luck to everyone still in.

c16_4_me wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

Got the Dear John in the post this morning, absolutely gutted, but will take from the experience and try again for the 2nd time.

Hard luck.

I hope you dont mind me asking but was there much detail in the letter or did it basically just say you had been unsuccessful this time.

Thanks and good luck for next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

c16_4_me wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

Gutted for you. I hope things work out and you get in next year.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

Also got dear john just there! Extremely gutted :(. I thought i had a good chance but the letter said even if it was not 50/50 i still would not have achieved a high enough score. Good luck to anyone else waiting. See you's all next year.

did anyone who got the dear john letters have a medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 adam2695

Just got the letter there as well. This is a load of ****! I thought I did a lot better than last year, but obviously not.... Just goes to show you if you get vetting forms and a medical, you obviously have a great chance of getting in. Good luck to everyone who has not heard yet!

Sorry to hear that. Dreading the postie tomorrow now. Good luck next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erneboy

Anyone get a positive letter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

hey evry1, really sory 2hear all this. Im in england at the mo til 2nyte and cnt get thru2 any1 at hme 2 check 4me. But im kinda gatherin that altho the letters r in 2 batches they r both dear johns? Its a bit late nw 2 b getn vetn etc. I just dnt c y they had2 string the whole thng out 4 so long! If no one minds me asking is anyone whose got the leters catholic r non?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 adam2695

Well I am non R/C. By the way, no text speak, was well hard to read your last message lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

sorry about that,its a really bad habit! Im catholic whick obviously puts me at an advantage not that it matters anyway. They must have done the 50/50 already and have everyone cleared of vetting etc otherwise they would have held on to us as backup? Please post if anyone gets a good news letter! No doubt il be heading for a case of 4th time lucky!

siv4444 wrote: »
    .... But im kinda gatherin that altho the letters r in 2 batches they r both dear johns? ...

I had understood they were sending letters to everybody?!?

It would be interesting to hear from someone who got a positive letter as to what the content is, eg. merit score, etc??

I would imagine 1 batch Dear Johns and the other batch merits...? We'll find out tomorrow/Wednesday either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 leethegreat

hey guys was reading your posts, im still in from c14 and what i can tell you from my one is that you dont get your merit number in the post unless its changed, you have to phone for it, also if you get a letter telling you your going for a medical your in with a good chance but cant be 100% on that

sorry to those who got dear johns but keep the chin up and try again

Still no post today for me :eek:

Big hugs to all you guys who have had letters, does there appear to be any sort of pattern, ie high or low UID numbers, or alphabetical order?

Oh why do we try to analyse? Just sending ourselves insane GRRRRRR!!!
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Sincere commiserations to those unlucky enough to get ' Dear John ' letters. Particularly tough when you get a letter telling you that you have passed the AC and then get a letter saying you won't be progressing in this tortuos process .
    The old saying that adversity builds character means that Garnerville will be getting some pretty strong characters in due course !

Glad to see people are gearing up for C 16 already - Good Luck to all !

im nervous about going home now lol! my boyfriend and friend are both waiting as well but im the only one who has had a medical or vetting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Hey, I got a Dear John too I am disappointed but its not the end of the world. The good thing is I know I could have done better in the AC so I know I can improve next time.
    And remember everyone who has received the dear John competition is fierce for the 440 Jobs we did well to get this far and the bonus of all the waiting until now is that C16 isn't too far away (well it is but lets pretend it isn't).
    If you really want it don't give up I know I wont and best of luck to everyone who is still in the running. :D

Advertisement