Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pemcl

Hi all. Got a letter this morning. It's not a dear john letter, its more to say that they havent got a place yet, but i should find out between now and sept 2010. It seems i'm on standby incase someone pulls out or fails medical. Does anyone know how many of this type of letter goes out, and whats the chances of being successful? Sorry to hear of all the unsuccessful applicants, it's really frustrating after passing everything. That was me last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

did you have your medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pemcl

no medical and no vetting as yet. So until I get a medical, I'm not going to get offered a place. I just wish I knew what sort of percentage of people get this type of letter and how many drop out at this stage so I had an idea what sort of chance is left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

Hey, I got a Dear John too I am disappointed but its not the end of the world. The good thing is I know I could have done better in the AC so I know I can improve next time.
    And remember everyone who has received the dear John competition is fierce for the 440 Jobs we did well to get this far and the bonus of all the waiting until now is that C16 isn't too far away (well it is but lets pretend it isn't).
    If you really want it don't give up I know I wont and best of luck to everyone who is still in the running. :D

unlucky mate we will do better next year for sure. First time was a big learning experience and we did well enough to pass the A/C even if it was for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Bifbert wrote: »
    unlucky mate we will do better next year for sure. First time was a big learning experience and we did well enough to pass the A/C even if it was for nothing.

Yeah I think they probably shouldn't bother with the Pass/fail letters for AC they are kind of pointless I would have rather waited for this rather than getting me excited for nothing aww well.
    Make sure you come back next year and give it another shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonetoosoon

Pemcl wrote: »
    Hi all. Got a letter this morning. It's not a dear john letter, its more to say that they havent got a place yet, but i should find out between now and sept 2010. It seems i'm on standby incase someone pulls out or fails medical. Does anyone know how many of this type of letter goes out, and whats the chances of being successful? Sorry to hear of all the unsuccessful applicants, it's really frustrating after passing everything. That was me last year!

I thought there were 440 jobs. I hope there is not going to be some type of recruitment freeze. But no one seems to have received a totally positive letter, although I think whoever got a letter confirming they are still in the running should be pretty chuffed!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

Anyone hear anything today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

i have received nothing today!!
    but i think all letters are going to be dear johns because they must have done their 50/50 by now otherwise how could they refuse people???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

siv4444 wrote: »
    i have received nothing today!!
    but i think all letters are going to be dear johns because they must have done their 50/50 by now otherwise how could they refuse people???
    Actually I think these letters are pre 50/50 Mine says something along the lines of because so many people passed the AC this year they have there own cut off point which isnt affected by 50/50 and even if it wasn't for 50/50 I still wouldn't have scored high enough.

ah right i see. But I never got a medical or vetting, so in that sense i don't think its look good for me. is there any order in the med or vetting, ie, does everyone do the same one first? I cant understand why ive got no post today!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

Hi

Just thought I post a to say that I got a letter today to say that I am on the merit list and that my application is progressing onto the final stages of the process.

I done my medical last week. I am sorry for all of you who didnt get the news that you wanted.

Has anyone else got a letter like this?

hey, have you done vetting also? i have recieved nothing, and my post has been today. But don't expect to get through as i probably would have been called for a medicat a fews back.

Hi

Just thought I post a to say that I got a letter today to say that I am on the merit list and that my application is progressing onto the final stages of the process.

I done my medical last week. I am sorry for all of you who didnt get the news that you wanted.

Has anyone else got a letter like this?

Thank goodness somone on here has got some good news. Congratulations!:D

Did they tell you where you are on the merit list or what or when the next stage/contact will be?:confused:

Thanks

hey gonetoosoon, have you done the med and are awaiting contact? is it medical first then vetting or no particular order? I thought that the letters were all out now today, its going to be another long night!!!
    But at least someone have got good news and its not all bad!!

Yeah I have done my vetting forms, but I know they can take ages.

No merit score or when the next contact will be. So it will probaby be a while.

To be honest it is a very vague letter, not much information.

thanks for that, well the last point of contact for me was that i passed a/c and anyone else in that boat who hadn't got medicals or vetting got dear johns yesterday so no doubt mine has got delayed in post somewhere!!

Good Luck :)

siv4444 wrote: »
    hey gonetoosoon, have you done the med and are awaiting contact? is it medical first then vetting or no particular order? I thought that the letters were all out now today, its going to be another long night!!!
    But at least someone have got good news and its not all bad!!

I have passed medical and been told I have passed vetting. I got two seperate envelopes on one day, one relating to vetting and the other to my medical. And both arrived many weeks before the pass letter from Deloitte.

thanks for that, i did my ac at the very end and got the pass letter from deloitte in under a week. still not hopeful!!

How long did the a/c days go on for? When were the last ones?

• Advertisement

oooo im not too sure but i did my ist at the very end then my a/c was roughly the middle of july not sure what date. And from talking to others there that seemed to be last ones going on. So when i checked boards here people that got their pass letters from deloitte same time as me had done their ac months prior to me.

yeah i got my pass letter from Deloitte at end of July and I done the A/c at start of June. Deloitte must have sent all pass letters out at the end of the process.

I done my ac at the end of July, but I know that there was more in the first week of august. Pass letter came a week later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

got the call im in!!!

well done. are you in for c15?

Congratulations again:D

got the call im in!!!

Congratulations!

I will see you there!:D

gonetoosoon did you get the call as well??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

how were you told? Phone or letter

congrats

gonetoosoon did you get the call as well??

i did. totally shocked!:eek:

• Advertisement

well done gonetoosoon and elizabeth!!! Its good to hear at least some of us are getting good news!!
    Do you think that they must have the 440 applicants now? They would hardly send me vetting/medical forms at this stage because they wouldn't be able to do the 50/50 correctly if some are in? agggghhhhh

Advertisement