Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congratulations to gonetoosoon and elizabeth2009! Whooooo!

Just a reminder guys, don't post dates of any upcoming things you have to attend, which includes your official start date. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

congratulations to you both.

When did you do your a/c and medical?

also I assuming you didnt get letters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

wow thats quick congrats guys maybe an idea would be for people to post dates(month only) of when things happened, then we might see pattern and will be good ref for next year????
    ................................AC/Pass fail letter/Vetting/Medical/Dear John/goodnew

Slave_to_sound: Start June/End July(pass)/None/None/DearJohn Start October

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

got a letter today that says my name has been included in the merit list, that my app is progressing through the final stages and that i will be receive med and vet forms...?
    passed med and vet forms posted back 4weeks ago...?
    is the left hand not talking to the right hand...?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

ha i must say you gave me a great laugh there!! And also its gives slight hope to me that there must be letters of that sort to come, i have recieved nothing yet, so expecting some letter tomorow!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Looks like gonetoosoon and elizabeth 2009 are the first boardies to make it to Garnerville as part of C15 - auspicious or what ! Congrats to them and lets hope they are the first of many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

Io think the 'you are on the merit list' letter is to stop people phoning them especially as it looks like they are getting a new intake ready. I am right in saying that if there is a nov entry the next entry after that won't be till jan?

I spoke with recruitment prior to getting a letter an they told me the merit scores will be released in mid nov in line with deloittes timetable.

Looks like this year we may have to work out placings ourselves!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

thanks for the congratulations guys...so excited/nervous! And anyone else who has got the call...see you soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

Congrats to all who have had good news so far.

Still no letter for me, and no vetting/medical - not looking good :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

Got a letter this morning to say im on merit list and would get vetting/med forms in due course but to refrain from phoning them and be patient. So im hoping thats a good sign that il be in if i pass both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

got a letter today that says my name has been included in the merit list, that my app is progressing through the final stages and that i will be receive med and vet forms...?
    passed med and vet forms posted back 4weeks ago...?
    is the left hand not talking to the right hand...?!

Receieved a similar letter today. Vetting sent back about 4 weeks ago and medical in next couple of weeks though. Fingers crossed.

Merit list not out until November in-line with Deloitte feedback. I'm still none the wiser but at least my name must still be in the hat.

Gutted for the 'Dear Johns'. Please keep trying.

And congrats to those who have already got a place. You must have scored really well on the A/C and are so high on the merit list you would have def got a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcb2009

Just got the same merit list letter - no vetting forms or medical date yet though but moving in the right direction at least!

Sorry to those who didn't get positive news and major congratulations to the brainboxes who've already got a start date! Well done guys:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonetoosoon

Folks, thanks for the messages. Even if I had done really well in the A/C I never expected to get the call so soon.

Good luck to all those still in the running!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

hi

Got my medical pass letter this morning. Vetting forms sent back about six weeks ago. So I think I am just waiting now.

Look at this way November not that far away to find out where we are on the merit list.

Still nothing in the post for me , someone said the letters were sent 2nd class -perhaps in my case they sent it ' Steerage ' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Track

thanks for the congratulations guys...so excited/nervous! And anyone else who has got the call...see you soon!

Congrats! Amazing - - - your seat in the Waiting Room didn't even get a chance!lol

Enjoy!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

Big congrat's to you guys!! I got the 'you are in the merit list' letter today - med passed in July and Vetting sent off mid July (still not cleared!) - let's hope it's not too much longer 'til we get clarification on our merit numbers!

Finally got my letter yesterday, Im still in and MAY get vetting forms & med, so really none the wiser as no sign of either :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 mika_

Got my letter this morning too, it says that my name has been included in a merit list and I've received medical forms, though no vetting.
    Anyway, I'm extremely happy because I was already prepared for a Dear John letter and was totaly not expecting this :)
    Sorry for all the ones who got a Dear John letter, must be a really terrible feeling after going so far.
    By the way, did my AC in the very beginning of July.

Finally got my 'steerage class' letter , I'm on the merit list and have done medical and sent off vetting , so its time to settle in for a long wait.
    Interesting that they request candidates refrain from contacting recruiting - doesn't augur well for getting merit placings ?

• Advertisement

Does anyone else's letter ask if there has been any changes in circumstances that were not reflected in their initial application? Im worried Ive missed something :confused::confused::confused:

Does anyone else's letter ask if there has been any changes in circumstances that were not reflected in their initial application? Im worried Ive missed something :confused::confused::confused:

My letter said the same thing so don't worry about it - TBH it really looked like a fairly standard letter . Such a change would be address , getting charged/convicted , living or splitting with partner , etc

Thanks Delancy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

think i may have got this wrong, but, do you receive a letter stating that your vetting has cleared or is it a straight phone call?
    got a letter saying i was fit for the role and for psni pension, "great", thats the 2nd time i've had that letter in a 2weeks! the exact same as the 1st one!
    plus i received vets and med(done and past) before getting the letter telling me i would receive them!
    if i'm lucky enough to get offered a post hopefully i'll be offered a promotion before i finish GV!
    hmmmmm?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭poppysox

I also received a letter yesterday saying I was on a merit list and be patient etc etc

I've already passed my medical and sent away vetting so I'm assuming we just sit tight til they notify us of merit scores?? Also how do you find out if your vettings cleared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EB1979

As far as I know from reading previous posts you don't tend to find out. They don't take phone calls any more either - any changes are to be notified by email.

Pretty sure there is a recent post about this by PSNI in the vetting thread - if you go back a page or two you should be able to double check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

I envy you guys so much!!! I am patiently waiting till november for detailed feedback. I really want to see where I went wrong in the AC. I didn't think it went to badly but obviously need to improve a lot. Good luck to all still waiting for merit scores etc, probably wont be posting here for a while till C16 starts so farewell.........for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

does anyone know if you get time off around xmas when training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GV09

Hi Guys, only found this website about a week ago, found it a wealth of information its nearly taken me a week to catch up through all the posts!!! Anyway thought I would post my experiences.

In C15, got the merit list letter on wed, then received starter pack today!!!!! totally random. They were trying to ring me on tues but didnt get through. They left a voicemail yesterday and then they rang back this morning.

Did medical back in August with vetting forms sent 3 weeks prior to this. Startin in Nov!!! Worried and excited at the same time!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 adam2695

Merit Scores will not be given out until November, in line with the Deloitte feedback for the A/C!

Advertisement