Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Dont push it because I have a very short fuse and it is just about at an end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Zzoop wrote: »
    'cause I

Yeeeeeooooooooo!!
    Seriously ROTFLAMO:p

Night everyone. Catch you all tomorrow, though i'm working 3-11pm:mad::(

Seriously ROTFLAMO:p

Stop encouraging him woman!!!! You're meant to be on my side.

JVB wrote: »
    Good gal. Night all x

Nighty night.
    x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

June 16th.

I'll be getting a Dear Zzoop Letter I'm sure.

I did my a/c on 12th June and ive had no vetting yet.

So a dear gee letter on its way to me.

I cant wait to next week and we are put out of our misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JuiletBravo

just wondered if any one from c14 had heard anything yet

Next week is D-day.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JuiletBravo

that's good news. What is the information you have about next weeek. I am a little in the dark about this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

that's good news. What is the information you have about next weeek. I am a little in the dark about this

We have been told by Recruitment that the Merit List would available at the end of September (although they mentioned possible delays when I called on Monday).

The Merit List will give you an idea of how well you fared in the Assessment Centre and basically whether you stand much of a chance of getting in.

The Merit list is essentially a score table for the A/C. The person who gets the highest score will get the number 1 spot with the rest of us filing in after that.

People who have the same A/C scores will be separated by their scores from the Innitial Selection Test, the number of times they've applied etc.

• Advertisement

carlty888 wrote: »
    We have been told by Recruitment that the Merit List would available at the end of September (although they mentioned possible delays when I called on Monday).

The Merit List will give you an idea of how well you fared in the Assessment Centre and basically whether you stand much of a chance of getting in.

The Merit list is essentially a score table for the A/C. The person who gets the highest score will get the number 1 spot with the rest of us filing in after that.

People who have the same A/C scores will be separated by their scores from the Innitial Selection Test, the number of times they've applied etc.

I noticed on Vetting forms that it asked for your UID from previous campapigns. This is my first time applying. I wonder is that a positive or negative factor?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

they ask for your UID so they dont have to vet you for the whole of your life, they just go from where vetting you from the last campaign finished (quicker that way, and cheaper i guess)

Not sure whether applying a lot is taken as a positive or a negative.

Positive: This person really wants the job and displays a certain degree of perserverance and committment.

Negative: This person just won't take the hint!

Do you not mean the lower the score the better as you are closer to the number one spot?

Or

Does it mean you need to get over 500/800 points to stand a chance?

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Do you not mean the lower the score the better as you are closer to the number one spot?

Or

Does it mean you need to get over 500/800 points to stand a chance?

The Merit Number and the Assessment Centre score are two different things.

The A/C is marked out of 70 (or at least it was in the last campaign). A higher score in the A/C will mean a lower merit number.

If someone where to get 70/70 they would be likely to be placed at the top of the pile (number 1 on the merit list).

Someone scoring (for example) 40 in the A/C could end up with a merit number of 900 or more. It is unlikely that this would be good enough to get you in.

So what you want is a high score in the A/C and therefore a low merit number.

Disclaimer: (Please note that the figures above are not necessarily accurate. Just estimations based on previous campaigns).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

does anyone know how far up the list they are with regards to merit number in c13? is november the last intake for c13 and december the first intake for c14?

The Merit Number and the Assessment Centre score are two different things.

The A/C is marked out of 70 (or at least it was in the last campaign). A higher score in the A/C will mean a lower merit number.

If someone where to get 70/70 they would be likely to be placed at the top of the pile (number 1 on the merit list).

Someone scoring (for example) 40 in the A/C could end up with a merit number of 900 or more. It is unlikely that this would be good enough to get you in.

So what you want is a high score in the A/C and therefore a low merit number.

Disclaimer: (Please note that the figures above are not necessarily accurate. Just estimations based on previous campaigns).

So it boils down to needing a low merit score when we phone up at end of september.

PS do you think they said there may be a delay on merit list to stop everyone phoning at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

That sounds like the most likely assumption as i know for a fact it doesn't take that long to compile a merit list as where i work there is a recruitment section and they have a merit list with over 2000 people within 2 or 3 weeks!!

So it boils down to needing a low merit score when we phone up at end of september.

PS do you think they said there may be a delay on merit list to stop everyone phoning at the same time?

Bingo

PS It's entirely possible. Two ways to find out........ ring and ask, or ........ more waiting!!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

My merit score will probably be in the 1000s seeing I'm probably the only one in Northern Ireland who hasn't recieved any stinkin' vetting forms yet.

This is seriously starting to piss me off.

Anyway.... wait and wait - and wait some more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Don't feel like you're alone, my husband was told he had passed his AC in July, He did his mid-june, still no VFs, he ain't too bothered though.... he loves his job, lucky sod!

My merit score will probably be in the 1000s seeing I'm probably the only one in Northern Ireland who hasn't recieved any stinkin' vetting forms yet.

Patience is a virtue. Apparently.

Yeah. S'pose.

Don't feel like you're alone, my husband was told he had passed his AC in July, He did his mid-june, still no VFs, he ain't too bothered though.... he loves his job, lucky sod!

Suonds lkie yuor hsubnad and I are in the same baot. I too am a stilcker for crrecot sepllnig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

same for me cheif. im just hoping i dont get a stupid ****in dear john letter. hope you get nothing! i dont really wanna ring up but i might have too!!!

There are plenty of us who have not recieved vetting forms yet, we are all in one big boat floating on a sea of limbo.

By the way just out of curiosity, how long do you live in hotel GV when your in?

There are plenty of us who have not recieved vetting forms yet, we are all in one big boat floating on a sea of limbo.

By the way just out of curiosity, how long do you live in hotel GV when your in?

You live in the first four weeks.
    If you live quite far away you're able to stay for the duration of your training.

Have you seen the rooms in GV?
    Grim is not the word!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek:

You live in the first four weeks.
    If you live quite far away you're able to stay for the duration of your training.

Have you seen the rooms in GV?
    Grim is not the word!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek:

I wouldnt worry to much about that.

I wouldnt worry to much about that.

Nah me neither really. I'll be too happy to be there. And probably too tired that I wont be seeing the decor ( or lack thereof ) All I'll be seeing is the back of my eyelids...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

C14 merit list now available

Advertisement