Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

1979SD wrote: »
    Just to save me Reading through all the post's - could someone tell me how many people are going to be recruited in this current campaign? Also, have the vetting forms started going out or medical dates or even dear johns? I know people are receiving AC results at the moment. And does anyone know when the merit numbers are available to find out? Sorry if all this information is already available to me - i didn't fancy wading through all the posts! Many thanks to whoever replies and feel free to stick in any relevant info you may have.

All the best and thanks again

No idea on numbers people are saying less than the usual 440

Yes vetting forms are already out to some people and medical

dear johns have went to ppl who failed AC but so far no1 has a ac pass letter followed by a sorry you failed

no merit scores until the AC is completed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Have a question that PSNI might be able to answer if he or she is listening in -can you transfer out of the Psni into English or Scottish forces? Or do you have to apply from scratch?
    Many thanks to any potential answerers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

AFAIK it is possible to transfer to other UK forces as opposed to having to go through the full recruitment process.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

1979SD wrote: »
    Have a question that PSNI might be able to answer if he or she is listening in -can you transfer out of the Psni into English or Scottish forces? Or do you have to apply from scratch?
    Many thanks to any potential answerers!

Yes you can transfer to any other UK force, but you have to do a little training first because there are small differences in our legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 zzz101z

hey there, just wanted to say (and ask) really hate the waiting phase after the vetting forms, nothing to look towords, date wise. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Know what you mean, but with a bit of luck medicals might happen soon. Also im just going to spend time getting as fit as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 zzz101z

keep meaning to do that myself lol.. need to get back out cycling again!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Dont talk to me about cycling lol, my bike has turned into an ornament.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

Dont talk to me about cycling lol, my bike has turned into an ornament.

eating http://www.specialk.co.uk and doing http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Just on the news recuitment is froze from today ! Does this effect C16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

chunkerz wrote: »
    Just on the news recuitment is froze from today ! Does this effect C16

IT BETTER NOT

Cant see recruitment being frozen until 30% RC representation as per Patten is reached - but after that it could well be frozen given the budget cuts coming down the tracks.

On a plus side...boards is buzzing tonight :D

Seems bad news brings us all together, so lets have a boards protest outside HQ whos with me?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Not feckin me..Ive just taken a day off work for the AC.....
    Good job I wasnt happy with how it went then....:mad:

I have a really bad feeling..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Kaori

Just found this: http://www.u.tv/News/PSNI-freezes-recruitment/91aee1e3-6fb1-4bfe-9b74-4c2d532b04f8

I can't see them suddenly stopping this current campaign though, surely they just won't run the rumoured September one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

On a plus side...boards is buzzing tonight :D

Seems bad news brings us all together, so lets have a boards protest outside HQ whos with me?!
    bad news always brings people together unfortunately,such as at funerals you normally see people you rarely ever see :(

I had to take a days holiday for mine! Was happy enough doing so at the time, but now I'm just p1ssed that I wasted it. Actually now every single thing I hear about the poilce just p1sses me off, I think I'm going to be in foul mood for a lonnnng about this :mad:

I felt mine went bad after it, was very suprised I passed...out of interest, if you had a choice cesc, would you still like to find out wether you passed or failed despite todays news?
    Would be interesting to see if they do continue to send results, or would be great to find people who have still to do theirs, as I think if results still came and especially if what little AC's there is left continued (slim chance I know...) it would be a very promising sign that things aren't quite as bad as the news is saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

I really dont care right now as I am so cheesed off that I dont care either way..would be hard to take a great passmark though..

aaah...who am I kidding?....yes,I want to know.

Having said that,the one wee glimmer of hope is that the Patten agreement was that 30% RCs would be in place by 2010...which was moved to 2011....This is government legislation and I am hoping that this need to somewhat equalise the PSNI should in effect allow the present campaign to continue.....

just a sliver of hope...but,more than the met recruits could cling to...

So here's the story...my mother was talking to some man she knows through her work recently and somehow got onto the topic of police. The man went on to tell her about his daugther who had been applying for years until she eventually made it the whole way through and was successful. He said she went to her induction day, got measured for uniform etc etc, was ecstatic and all as you would be, only to recieve a letter a few days later saying she had failed or there was no place for her, someting along those lines anyways.

What reasons could there be for this??

Obviously, my mother never thought to delve further and ask the sort of questions I would have to get more details :rolleyes: But I just thought it sounded very odd that you could even get to the induction day stage then out of the blue be out on your ear...

Thoughts anyone?

edit: I was going to put this in the GV thread but I will refuse to post in there until "that day" comes...and it will...should it be 20yrs away...I will have my first post in there :D

Conspiracy or cock-up ? I would have to say it probably was a cock up and a simple enough one at that like her name going into a pile of Yes's when it should have been in a pile of No's.
    Of course its possible that perhaps information was received that cast doubt on her character but my money would be on an admin error - it must have been a gutting experience for the poor girl.

• Advertisement

Ah I never even thought about admin errors, typical me was thinking more along the lines of conspiracy :rolleyes: That would be a pretty damn hard hitting error though to say the least... just getting a taste of it then *boom* gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

I thought after the initial announcment of the recruitment freeze, and the lack of official clarification on the August intake, that we would be 100% safe once we got to the induction day. Now we have to worry about possible admin. errors also! Thanks a bunch! ;)

:D my bad! Blame my ever so nosy mother! Ah I can't imagine it would be too much to about, I've never heard of it happening before atleast so I don't think it's that common. Then like has been said, there could be a multitude of reasons for it happening, could even be she left something naughty out of vetting and it caught up with her in the end... wish I knew though!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

:D my bad! Blame my ever so nosy mother! Ah I can't imagine it would be too much to about, I've never heard of it happening before atleast so I don't think it's that common. Then like has been said, there could be a multitude of reasons for it happening, could even be she left something naughty out of vetting and it caught up with her in the end... wish I knew though!

I hardly think being into whips and chains is a disqualifying offence. If so, there 's no hope for you plugin...;)

shampon wrote: »
    I hardly think being into whips and chains is a disqualifying offence. If so, there 's no hope for you plugin...;)

:eek:
    They had better not find out about my basement then! On a plus side though I could save them money by using my own handcuffs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Ah I never even thought about admin errors, typical me was thinking more along the lines of conspiracy :rolleyes: That would be a pretty damn hard hitting error though to say the least... just getting a taste of it then *boom* gone!

I know of a guy who got the call from recruitment offering him a place in Garnerville.. the day after he had passed out! Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Mary McAleese speaking at passing out in Garnerville today:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0723/psni.html

Im loving in particular the closing paragraph:

'You are sacred custodians of this time and of the future that, with your help, will fill what John Hewitt called so memorably 'the centuries' arrears.'

Check it out.

PS. Congrats to all 41 new recruits, stay safe out there ;)

grad10 wrote: »
    I know of a guy who got the call from recruitment offering him a place in Garnerville.. the day after he had passed out! Ha.

That's just brilliant :D Aye sure, was such great craic I'll do it again why not! Ah some mistakes I hear of like that really do make me laugh!
    Mary McAleese speaking at passing out in Garnerville today:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0723/psni.html

Im loving in particular the closing paragraph:

'You are sacred custodians of this time and of the future that, with your help, will fill what John Hewitt called so memorably 'the centuries' arrears.'

Check it out.

PS. Congrats to all 41 new recruits, stay safe out there ;)

Cheers for posting that, it's nice to see really positive articles like that about the police rather than the usual damning and critical ones that you normally get. Made me jealous though :rolleyes: ah what I would give to have a passing out parade...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

Quick query here re. penalty points here for anyone who knows.

I was stupid enough to get caught with mobile in my hand today which earned me a second batch of 3 points. The constable was a total jobsworth and discretion was not even thought of as an option. I've now 6 points (3 for speeding in a hgv '47 in 60 zone but lorry is 40' and 3 for this mobile offence.)

What i am wondering is points important to the application process or vetting. all i can find is a loose statement which reads;

'Fixed Penalty Notices may be taken into consideration when attendant circumstances indicate a blatant disregard for the law'

Should i be concerned more than normal about the penalty points i've accrued?

• Advertisement

Obviously in the ideal world all applicants would have virgin white licences but this ain't an ideal world.....
    3 fixed penalties on your licence could be a problem but given you now have just 2 that hopefully will not be a big issue , note the word '' may '' in the piece you quoted - there is flexibility but that works both ways , it can be to your advantage or disadvantage , I would be hopeful you'll be ok.

Just be sure to disclose these ' tickets ' ( sorry if I sound like a cracked record ).

Good luck

Advertisement