Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

QUOTE=delancey42;68612985]Hmm , thats your vetting up the spout anyway - they've probably got you pegged as a '' Police Fetishist '' :D[/QUOTE]

Ah well could be labelled worse!! Anyways doubt there'll be any vetting being done on me for the next couple of years atleast so I'm sure I'd drop off their radar again by the time that chance comes around again!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ash1008

Hi everyone, great forum! :)

I passed my Assessment Day for Campaign 16 on the start of June.

I scored pretty well (about 60/70), although I cannot for the life of me find my score sheet now :rolleyes:

I did not score so well in my initial test, just about passing.

I am merit position between 350 and 390, and I have not heard anything from Deloitte or the PSNI since the budget freeze letter.

I rang today to ask what was happening but she didn't tell me a lot, apart from saying that I hadn't been 'processed' yet.

Does anyone have any advice? Why haven't I got a letter with a medical appointment? Why has everyone I know got a 'Dear John' letter and I haven't? I have tried not to get my hopes up, but you know what it's like...

Many thanks. :D

P.S. What does 'RC' and 'NRC' mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

Ash1008 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, great forum! :)

I passed my Assessment Day for Campaign 16 on the start of June.

I scored pretty well (about 60/70), although I cannot for the life of me find my score sheet now :rolleyes:

I did not score so well in my initial test, just about passing.

I am merit position between 350 and 390, and I have not heard anything from Deloitte or the PSNI since the budget freeze letter.

I rang today to ask what was happening but she didn't tell me a lot, apart from saying that I hadn't been 'processed' yet.

Does anyone have any advice? Why haven't I got a letter with a medical appointment? Why has everyone I know got a 'Dear John' letter and I haven't? I have tried not to get my hopes up, but you know what it's like...

Many thanks. :D

P.S. What does 'RC' and 'NRC' mean?

RC: Roman Catholic NRC: Non Roman Catholic.

If your merit place is between 350 and 390 it sounds more like you scored between 50 & 60 in your AC as over 60 would have you in the top 100. If you haven't received a dear john then you are still in the recruitment process so could potentially be offered a job at some stage but if you haven't received vetting and medical you aren't high enough up the pecking order unfortunately to be considered for recruitment in the near future.

Hope that helps

Lucky23 wrote: »
    RC: Roman Catholic NRC: Non Roman Catholic.

If your merit place is between 350 and 390 it sounds more like you scored between 50 & 60 in your AC as over 60 would have you in the top 100. If you haven't received a dear john then you are still in the recruitment process so could potentially be offered a job at some stage but if you haven't received vetting and medical you aren't high enough up the pecking order unfortunately to be considered for recruitment in the near future.

Hope that helps

Yeh then my score must not be as high like you say; must find the results!

Thanks Lucky, that helps lots. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Just heard on the news the P.S.N.I. helicopter has crashed at the scene of the recent accident in the Mournes - thankfully no fatalities this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

delancey42 wrote: »
    Just heard on the news the P.S.N.I. helicopter has crashed at the scene of the recent accident in the Mournes - thankfully no fatalities this time.

What has that got to do with the medical? Totally off topic.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

I'm glad to hear there were no fatalities.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Infracted.

No further comment on this post please.

Thanks.

shampon wrote: »
    What has that got to do with the medical? Totally off topic.:rolleyes:

Did anyone get the 'Hopefully we will be in a position to further advise you in March' letter? Just got mine last week.

EDIT: Apologies, I should have used the search function... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 c1964

Ash1008 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the 'Hopefully we will be in a position to further advise you in March' letter? Just got mine last week.

EDIT: Apologies, I should have used the search function... :D
    Hi Ash1008.

I got the same letter as you but regarded it being good news as at least they havn't fogetten about me, think positively :D
    Best of luck hope you get good news in March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

Anyone give us newbies who have just got the call any advice on what to expect at training etc?? i dont really know what to expect! bit nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

The "starting in garnerville soon " thread is a must read mate, loads of handy tips and advice! As for the course itself, we wouldn't wanna spoil the surprise!

i cant find that thread.....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sri19

Hey JP... At the home page where it shows all the different threads it only shows the ones used for the past two months. At the top it allows you to select different options like last year. If you select this and go to page two 'starting in Garnerville' should be there! Hope this helps

super thanks very much!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flix84

can someone pm me the phone number where i can check my vetting status. i'm a RC witha meriut number 250-270, passed the medical but still haven't heard from vetting.

Vetting don't appreciate phone calls . I'll PM you the e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 don quixote 3

I just dropped an email to external appointments regarding my place on the merit list although now I'm thinking they might not give out that information via email, can anyone confirm this please?

I included my uid and name/address in the email

*also just out of interest has anyone from C15 been succesful recently or is all the recent activity in relation to the most recent campaign?

I just dropped an email to external appointments regarding my place on the merit list although now I'm thinking they might not give out that information via email, can anyone confirm this please?

I included my uid and name/address in the email

*also just out of interest has anyone from C15 been succesful recently or is all the recent activity in relation to the most recent campaign?

I can't see why they wouldn't give that info by e-mail - frankly it's more secure than over the phone . The worst they can say is No in which case give them a call.

As best I can tell all the ' action ' of the last 2 days has involved C16'ers but I am aware of C15'ers still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

but I am aware of C15'ers still waiting.

ahem, and the odd C14 as well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

ahem, and the odd C14 as well :rolleyes:

What was your rough merit list placing for c14?

Will they still offer places to people from c14?

What was your rough merit list placing for c14?
    RC Merit 100 - 150.

Will they still offer places to people from C14?
    It's my understanding a place will be held pending vetting, having passed everything else (Havn't got a 'Dear John'... yet!)

- tv

RC Merit 100 - 150.

It's my understanding a place will be held pending vetting, having passed everything else (Havn't got a 'Dear John'... yet!)

- tv

Maybe your right. You would think vetting would have been completed by no, crazy.

Did you enter c15 & c16?

No, never went for any of the other campaigns, I'll wait and see what happens; has to be getting close now!

- tv

• Registered Users Posts: 7 atatat

With the recent intake of recruits, I was wondering what the chances are of me getting into g/ville?
    I got a score of 49 in the AC centre and i'm a RC.
    I have recieved my vetting forms and sent them off around 5 months ago and got the "we will be able to advise you futher in March 2011 letter.
    Have people with AC scores of around 49 got in before?
    Thanks

atatat wrote: »
    With the recent intake of recruits, I was wondering what the chances are of me getting into g/ville?
    I got a score of 49 in the AC centre and i'm a RC.
    I have recieved my vetting forms and sent them off around 5 months ago and got the "we will be able to advise you futher in March 2011 letter.
    Have people with AC scores of around 49 got in before?
    Thanks

Do you know your approximate merit number? This should give you an indication to your placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 atatat

I haven't checked my merit placing yet, but will do it on monday.
    Would I need to be under 999 to stand any chance?

I think from those who got the call last week one RC between 350-360 and NRC between 50-60 got called up, this is open to correction though. It's unlikely your merit would be that high as you would have a recieved a Dear John by now so take comfort from that!

- tv

Right folks, I have a question for one of the guys in the know.

I will be on honeymoon next august. What would happen if I recieved a call to start on a date that overlapped the honeymoon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

atatat wrote: »
    I haven't checked my merit placing yet, but will do it on monday.

I wouldn't panic if your merit number does happen to be over 1000 as people have been successful in previous campaigns with merit numbers over 1000. The fact you haven't had a dear John and got the March 2011 is a good sign at this stage.

MBC x

Advertisement