Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

psni wrote: »
    Are there any other cans of worms left unopened at this stage?

Whole larders full if you want them... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Permission to ask a question ? What is / are POPT's :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

delancey42 wrote: »
    Permission to ask a question ? What is / are POPT's :confused:

Permission denied!!!!

Only joking - Police Officer Part Time

And I have to sort of half agree with the comment on them. In general in our station you never see them for dust regardless of what is happening but on a few occasions they have surprised me and have been happy to get stuck in when people have kicked off.

And to be honest, they're only part timers. I can understand why they aren't keen to get involved. To me it seems their role is more to provide the "eye candy" if you will to a public looking more officers on the beat. And as far as I'm concerned so be it. They aren't response so I don't expect them to act like it.

Thanks for explaining the abbreviation Bout Ye , am I right in saying that a lot of those Part Timer's will be leaving soon now that the Government gave a 20 Million ' fund ' to ease them on their way in a manner of speaking ?

Jediknight wrote: »
    , I obviously don't no where "Bout Ye" is from, but i don't know how the P/T in his station get away with it.

They get away with it because they are working with NPT who are exactly the same!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I saw a photo the other day of what I can only assume was a dress parade or graduation at Garnerville.

Just out of curiousity which was it?

All recruits where in the full .Tunics , skirts , Peaked caps, ties etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

More than likely a graduation if it was a large group of people all arranged into neat lines?

More than likely a graduation if it was a large group of people all arranged into neat lines?

I would say it was about 2 squads of 20-30 people each. All lined up in full uniform and the large PSNI insignia was to their right on the green wall.

Impressive sight well done those recruits well constables if it was a grad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Yeah that's a graduation.

Yeah that's a graduation.

Was there one in the last few weeks?

• Advertisement

I believe there was one a short while ago - can't say how many weeks it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dietcoke1

BoutYe wrote: »
    They get away with it because they are working with NPT who are exactly the same!!

Good point.

FTR, POPT, neighbourhood..... anyone else a chocolate teapot? come on you guys, you all wear the same uniform and your all in the same team !

Very true, we are indeed! Just a shame some dont realise that :rolleyes:

I believe there was one a short while ago - can't say how many weeks it was though.
    If you find out let us know.

Cheers
    Z

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dietcoke1

FTR, POPT, neighbourhood..... anyone else a chocolate teapot? come on you guys, you all wear the same uniform and your all in the same team !

Does not feel like that when one part of the team does all the work.

Zambia232 wrote: »
    If you find out let us know.

Cheers
    Z

Early October I believe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Early October I believe ;)

Thats Delancey being as cryptic as ever :D:D:D

Thats Delancey being as cryptic as ever :D:D:D

In a sultry Russian femme fatale accent '' The geese are flying backwards over Moscow '' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MsTys

Ive changed my phone number and need to inform the PSNI has anybody got the email I need? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭johnnyf1

Mod note: This post moved from the Medical thread to the General thread to facilitate ongoing general discussion.
    cheers, rang up today but the person that deals with it is off, so they took my details and are going to call back tomorrow.

Sounds like your in good shape to get through the PCA, from what people say you need to be seriously unfit to fail.
    Cheers that has put my mind at ease. Rang up and got my merit position today. 650-700 but I'm not sure what it all means. Do you know?

• Advertisement

Imagine a list of people from 1 to 5,000. The merit pool number you have is where you are on that list. If you are number 1, you're the best, and so on down.
    johnnyf1 wrote: »
    Rang up and got my merit position today. 650-700 but I'm not sure what it all means. Do you know?

I'm so glad I found this forum. The whole process is a nightmare and I can't really talk about it so it's so nice to chat to people in the same boat.

Any idea how many are in the merit pool at all?

Thanks for everybodys help so far. Have loads more questions too lol

Nobody knows how big the merit pool of people is, but I imagine a simple Freedom of Information request would yield the answer you're looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 harrijack

Does anyone know if they are still doing a February intake? Heard lots of different things and wondering if anyone has any ideas?

No idea. Have you passed your medical and vetting?

johnnyf1 wrote: »
    No idea. Have you passed your medical and vetting?

Yes all cleared the other day so just wanting to find out if anyone knew anything

Everything I have heard would suggest there will be a February intake - though in this process nothing is guaranteed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wotsmyname

I was at the most recent induction and word was that there will be a Feb and March intake.

Happy days, still hope then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

Cant see myself being on here too much over the next few days. So Merry Christmas to all and here's hoping that the new year brings plenty of phonecalls for us boardies and a visit to the Hotel! :rolleyes:

Advertisement