Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

More than £260m is to be cut from the policing budget over the next four years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12071083

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keenas

How many people have been taken in each C16 intake and does anybody know if the possible intakes in Feb, March will be the same?:confused:

If there is to be a Feb' intake, when will the calls go out? Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Gee-22 wrote: »
    If there is to be a Feb' intake, when will the calls go out? Tuesday?

Given that the holiday break is only ending I would be surprised if it was that soon - I would think perhaps a week thereafter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

I heard that the Feb and March intakes are going to be a bit larger than normal.

Also I was thinking when they went out this week. I would not think it would be maybe for 2 or more weeks.

I hope I am in lol Been checking this everyday over Xmas and no activity really.

• Advertisement

Also maybe this has been noted before or discussed before but take a look at what it says on the recruitment website regarding recruitment.

http://www.joinpsni.co.uk/

Do you think they mean continue processing applications etc or contuine appointing all from this campaign?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The way I read that, it means they'll be processing C16 applicants as normal and have not been asked to stop processing them as a result of the cutbacks.

1986j wrote: »
    I heard that the Feb and March intakes are going to be a bit larger than normal.

I hope your right on that. But if that's the case, that might mean march could be the last intake for a while.

A couple intakes of 200+ would suit me to the ground lol

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

Size of intake means nothing to me unless Vetting gets a serious move on :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 recruit2010

1986j wrote: »

sorry to be the spoil sport but i cant see the squads being any bigger as they are struggling to find rooms to accommodate the current squads with the renovations etc... unless of course they put us 3 to a room which i wouldnt put it past them lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Quick question folks, was thinking back on the recruitment process and I recall being asked about tattoos but cant recall if it was part of the medical process or the vetting process. As i am not sure which section it is relevant to, I thought it best to throw it in the general thread.

Can anyone shed some light on to which section it is and also, if I got a tattoo since either having my medical or completing vetting forms, should I inform the powers that be?

Thanks

Quick question folks, was thinking back on the recruitment process and I recall being asked about tattoos but cant recall if it was part of the medical process or the vetting process. As i am not sure which section it is relevant to, I thought it best to throw it in the general thread.

Can anyone shed some light on to which section it is and also, if I got a tattoo since either having my medical or completing vetting forms, should I inform the powers that be?

Thanks

In my opinion tatoos are more of a vetting issue than a medical one though it should be remembered that at medical a note is made of any tatoos.

Strictly speaking a new tatoo could be deemed a change of circumstances and as such should be notified , I have to say that unless it is something potentially problematic as in it may be interpreted as sectarian / political then I reckon you would be alright .
    Lets hope it just says '' I Love Mum '' :D

I heard of someone pulling out of the job recently, half way through training.

Does this happen often?

What happens to their place? Does it mean an extra place in the next intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

Anyone hear of calls for Feb intake going out?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dietcoke1

I heard of someone pulling out of the job recently, half way through training.

Does this happen often?

What happens to their place? Does it mean an extra place in the next intake?

Happens all the time. Either voluntary or being told to resign.

Some people dont even turn up on the first day!!!

If for example a squad starts with 50 you can bet your life it wont finish with 50.

Not sure what happens their place??

What are the sorts of things ( without being too specific ) that cause people to be asked to resign ?

delancey42 wrote: »
    What are the sorts of things ( without being too specific ) that cause people to be asked to resign ?

The one I know about relates to an incident that happened during riot type training.

It made the person realise the type of situations they would have to deal with, and they thought they wouldnt be able to deal with it.

At this moment in time I have to admit I am missing Becca and 'THE LIST'...:rolleyes:

Everytime someone posts something I forget where they are in the process of vetting and medical and their merit number etc and end up trying to search for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭johnnyf1

I saw that list. It looked good. Any chance of you starting a new one lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Hey All, just spotted this post, just trying to keep things real and to ensure PSNI hopefuls know what they are up against, its not all blue flashing lights and spinning about in police cars. Worth a gander. This is the link to the forum and the paper. It deeply saddens me to read this sort of stuff.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056134939
    http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news...-bomb-attacks/

"The Real IRA has threatened to expand its campaign in 2011 and is planning gun and bomb attacks on a wide range of British military, commercial, political and judicial targets.

In a new year statement released exclusively to the Sunday Tribune, the paramilitary organisation said the security forces were completely failing to deal with the threat it posed.

In the past 12 months, the Real IRA carried out several bombings, but it has not inflicted any fatalities on the security forces since it murdered two British soldiers at Massereene in March 2009, nor has it launched any attacks in Britain.

In its statement, the Real IRA Army Council said: "In the year to come, the leadership of Óglaigh na hÉireann will strive to expand the theatre of our operations in line with our strategy. We will continue to target institutions and personnel in the military, political, policing, justice and commercial and economic fields." The Real IRA said it had learned from "past mistakes" which it didn't detail.

It has previously taken ruthless action against those whom it claims "collaborate with British rule in Ireland". It deliberately shot and tried to kill two workers delivering pizzas to the soldiers at Massereene.

The paramilitary group repeated this threat. "Those who actively engaged in the occupation of Ireland and those who assist this occupation are the enemies of the Irish people," it said. In recent months, the Real IRA launched bomb attacks on Newry courthouse and the Ulster Bank in Derry. Catholic police officer Peadar Heffron lost a leg and narrowly escaped death when a bomb planted by another dissident group exploded under his car.

The Real IRA claimed that continuing dissident attacks showed that the two governments' policy of normalisation of life in the North had failed.

"In the past year, there has been no mistaking the fact that a conflict exists in occupied Ireland. The British, Free State, and colonial parliament in the six counties have collectively been unable to conceal or deal with this fact," it said.

It dismissed raids by the security forces and the arrest and conviction of republican dissidents. "None of the above measures have worked in the past, nor will they work now," it said. In a reference to the Provisional movement, which strongly opposes republican dissidents, it said the gulf between the two was now huge."

delancey42 wrote: »
    What are the sorts of things ( without
    being too specific ) that cause people to be asked to resign ?

Not passing role plays or written tests or in some cases getting in trouble outside of work!

Not forgetting after G/ville you still have two years to prove yourself able.

Make no mistake, when you walk through those gates in G/ville your in for a hard 2.5 years!

Hey All, just spotted this post, just trying to keep things real and to ensure PSNI hopefuls know what they are up against, its not all blue flashing lights and spinning about in police cars. Worth a gander. This is the link to the forum and the paper. It deeply saddens me to read this sort of stuff.

They made a similar statement last year as well!

Its the only thing they can do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gawa

luckyb123 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of calls for Feb intake going out?

Someone else thought IF calls were going out for feb intake - it would be next week (10/01)
    Really wanting some good news!

johnnyf1 wrote: »
    I saw that list. It looked good. Any chance of you starting a new one lol

I would normally be tempted...... only problem is that with no HTML enabled I dont believe I can insert a table onto the forum so it means just having to type it all out and use ..... to seperate infomation.

I shall ponder the idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Does anyone know when, if you are not getting in they willl let you know? Surly they wont wait untill the end of the campaign if your merit number isnt good enough, or will they?

I had tuned out from psni recruitment for a wee while there but came back on boards and its driving me nuts again. lol.

So, will some lucky boardies recieve a call tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭johnnyf1

I wish. I'm way down the list. Good luck to all that are eligible for a call.

May be totally wrong here, but with the way bank holidays were over Christmas, I'm thinking it will be the end of this week / start of next week... In all honesty tho, I have no idea like most people, just having a guess and hoping that my vetting is clear when the calls do come out! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 harrijack

So, will some lucky boardies recieve a call tomorrow?

i sure hope so!!!!! was thinkin they might be this week!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Advertisement