Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

On a more serious note check out the below link - suggestions are that Policing in Englad and Wales will lose 10,000 officers in the next couple of years . I think the PSNI have done extraordinarily well to continue recruitment in the current environment , of course the question we're all asking is '' how long can this continue ? ''.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12375310

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

That makes for some sombre reading there D, thanks for sharing. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that Police Officer's cannot be made redundant? So does this mean that positions will not be re-filled with new appointments after officers leave due to retirement, resignation etc?

-tv

That makes for some sombre reading there D, thanks for sharing. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that Police Officer's cannot be made redundant? So does this mean that positions will not be re-filled with new appointments after officers leave due to retirement, resignation etc?

-tv

Correct , Police appointments in England and Wales ( unsure about Scotland ) are legally held to be ' Crown Appointments ' and as such Police cannot be made redundant ( I'm unsure about whether such status exists in Norn Iron but I would not be surprised if in the post-Patten environment this was not the case ).
    What is likely to happen across the water is recruitment freezes virtually everywhere combined with redundancies among civilian staff , needless to say this will involve Police being re-deployed to plug the inevitable gaps in service - this will result in further reductions in Police on the streets.

Various initiatives to reduce the paperwork burden on Police to free them up for street duties never seem to amount to much - just look at the recent report on the P.S.N.I. ; up to 60% of officer's time spent on report writing and form-filling :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Interesting reading in that report alright. A small glimmer of hope, in my opinion, would be in the fact it mentions of procuring equipment between forces as a method to reduce costs, surely the PSNI are massively ahead of the curve in this regard with the introduction of the new police college which will be shared between different agencies. This new college I would imagine make for large savings, admittedly in long term. But at least it shows someone is using their head ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

Hi Guys

I really really really wish the calls for March would go out this week so I can find out either way what the hell i'm doin with my life for the next while.

So frustrating.

I hate being stuck in this limbo land.

:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

luckyb123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I really really really wish the calls for March would go out this week so I can find out either way what the hell i'm doin with my life for the next while.

So frustrating.

I hate being stuck in this limbo land.

:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

Wouldn't that be lovely. I suppose calls will be going out soon enough...so it's time to start bricking it again...:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The fingers are crossed for everyone eligible to get the precious call. I know a lot of you are on the brink of madness at this stage and I remember the feeling very well. Nothing worse than not knowing where you stand. Good luck!

PSNI

Any idea when the calls are going out?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Judging by the pattern, I'd say the week after next. This is just guesswork based on previous threads and not in any way to be taken as official!
    PSNI

Any idea when the calls are going out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sri19

I thought calls went out on a 5 week cycle? Surely if the feb intake calls started on 11th jan then we should be hoping for calls from next Monday? I'm not normally a fan of valentines but god I can't wait for it this year!lol!

• Advertisement

Sri19 wrote: »
    I thought calls went out on a 5 week cycle? Surely if the feb intake calls started on 11th jan then we should be hoping for calls from next Monday? I'm not normally a fan of valentines but god I can't wait for it this year!lol!

It varies - calls have sometimes gone out 4 weeks after the last lot , sometimes it's 5 weeks - my own guess is calls should go out in a week or thereabouts.

Delancey wrote: »
    It varies - calls have sometimes gone out 4 weeks after the last lot , sometimes it's 5 weeks - my own guess is calls should go out in a week or thereabouts.

Whenever they go out, it makes for squeaky bum time.

A watched kettle never boils

a watched mobile never rings

:mad::(:eek:confused::(:mad::(:eek:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

A watched kettle never boils

a watched mobile never rings

:mad::(:eek:confused::(:mad::(:eek:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Confucius couldn't of said it better.

Anyone willing to make a bet on who will be the poor soul this time to get their heart broken by a witheld number call that turns out to be a telesales outfit trying to get them to buy something they neither want or need ?
    I swear it happens every time calls go out , don't worry shampon - you had yours last time :D

Anyone willing to make a bet on who will be the poor soul this time to get their heart broken by a witheld number call that turns out to be a telesales outfit trying to get them to buy something they neither want or need ?
    I swear it happens every time calls go out , don't worry shampon - you had yours last time :D

:D

The next big brown envelope that comes trough my door better be filled with either a job offer or cash from a friend who was is just tiding me over until I get a bank account.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sri19

My car insurance is due for renewal shortly&im hoping for their own sake they don't ring me on a withheld number anytime next week!!lol

I still say the worst case of disappointment I ever heard was the girl who got the call but was subsequently contacted to be told it was an error and she in fact was not going to Garnerville - now that must have been a killer.

I still say the worst case of disappointment I ever heard was the girl who got the call but was subsequently contacted to be told it was an error and she in fact was not going to Garnerville - now that must have been a killer.

Holy good Christ. Imagine that. Heartbreak.

It would be even worse if she had told her boss where to stick the job thinking she was sorted for life!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

I'll not have to worry about the letter or the call this time! I'm too far up the list for this go! All I can hope for is another few intakes after March! (and my vetting is only in 2 months so it needs another 6 month yet too lol) but for any NRC's around the 200 odd mark I think and RC I think around the 700 ish mark good luck for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

I am praying so so hard I get in. Going mental lol

mal4893 wrote: »
    I'll not have to worry about the letter or the call this time! I'm too far up the list for this go! All I can hope for is another few intakes after March! (and my vetting is only in 2 months so it needs another 6 month yet too lol) but for any NRC's around the 200 odd mark I think and RC I think around the 700 ish mark good luck for next week!

I'm an RC in the top 100...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

mal4893 wrote: »

I'm a RC in the top 90 and still waiting, so nothing is set in stone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

I'm a RC in the top 90 and still waiting, so nothing is set in stone.....

I agree!!! I'm RC in top 75 and vetting off since June - still waiting... Just hope that I am not looked over for March too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

I have to say, as much as i wish you all the best of luck, i honestly hope the next calls go out sooner rather than later. i figure there must still be people with a lower MP than I who are still waiting for vetting to clear so the sooner the calls go out the greater the chance that their vetting will not be complete, thus giving me a greater chance..... perhaps selfish but maybe my only chance. On another note i heard of a NRC with a MP of ~230ish who got the call in Jan for Feb intake....... heart breaks to know i may be so close to getting a call....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 king_eric

Hi, I was wondering if any of you board veterans could help me out, assuming C16 runs as previous campaigns did. Recruiting 440 and 50/50 in place. What is the lowest NRC you have heard of getting a place. I'm an NRC 370ish on the merit list, I know it's pretty borderline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fingers Crossed

fefe5 wrote: »
    I agree!!! I'm RC in top 75 and vetting off since June - still waiting... Just hope that I am not looked over for March too :(
    Just another boarder hoping for March - NRC in top 100 - COME ON VETTING :P

Just another boarder hoping for March - NRC in top 100 - COME ON VETTING :P

What an apt name sir/madam fingers crossed indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

Hey ya, I wasn't trying to say where wasn't anyone left in the pool under them numbers that hadn't passed vetting, was just some of the numbers I seen from "The List" any how, what I was wanting to ask was how do you find out when you passed vetting? Do you have to call them? Do they call you? Do they wright to you stating your vetting is compleat? Or simply do what the are good at and leave you on the dark as normal?

Advertisement