Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

mal4893 wrote: »
    I'll not have to worry about the letter or the call this time! I'm too far up the list for this go! All I can hope for is another few intakes after March! (and my vetting is only in 2 months so it needs another 6 month yet too lol) but for any NRC's around the 200 odd mark I think and RC I think around the 700 ish mark good luck for next week!

Hope that you are right on this but still waiting on vetting which will delay me so yes a few more intakes after March would be most welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

mal4893 wrote: »
    Hey ya, I wasn't trying to say where wasn't anyone left in the pool under them numbers that hadn't passed vetting, was just some of the numbers I seen from "The List" any how, what I was wanting to ask was how do you find out when you passed vetting? Do you have to call them? Do they call you? Do they wright to you stating your vetting is compleat? Or simply do what the are good at and leave you on the dark as normal?

Vetting only contact you if you fail. So no news is good news.

You can write them an email, but they don't like you doing that as they are up to their eyes with work. So I think your safer just leaving it unless you need to update your information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sri19

They didn't seem too busy last week when I emailed! They replied with 5 minutes to say my vetting was complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Sri19 wrote: »
    They didn't seem too busy last week when I emailed! They replied with 5 minutes to say my vetting was complete!

Whats your stats kind sir? Are you southern?

Naw I'm from the north...
    My stats are RC ..merit 360-390 - medical passed & vetting passed! Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

Well done Sri.

Im the same but i'm way further down the list :(

Good luck

Well doen Sri!

I'm the same but I'm way down the list.

Good luck

Cheers luckyb....hope we both get the good news we are expecting! & everyone else on the boards at that!!

luckyb123 wrote: »
    Well done Sri.

Im the same but i'm way further down the list :(

Good luck

Atleast your vetting has cleared, I have no clue and don't want to find out either...

Just email them and find out.

I tortured myself for ages before finally working up the guts to do it and I got good news!

You never know your luck

• Advertisement

When's the last time you emailed shampon? My guess is that they would be trying to get all vetting cleared up this week hoping that calls go out next week! Could be worth an email near the end of the week?but I know were your coming from in not wanting to email!

Even if they tell you your vetting is still ongoing, don't give up hope.

There was someone who asked vetting for an update on their vetting and was told it was still ongoing. The very next day he got the call to start the Feb intake.

I personally think it's better just to sit back and see what next week brings, particularly when it's so close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Gee-22 wrote: »

There was someone who asked vetting for an update on their vetting and was told it was still ongoing. The very next day he got the call to start the Feb intake.

I personally think it's better just to sit back and see what next week brings, particularly when it's so close.

Couldn't agree with you more Gee ;)

Gee-22 wrote: »

I agree. My extremities are crossed so much these days it's a wonder that I have circulation in my hands and feet!!:cool:

luckyb123 wrote: »
    Just email them and find out.

I tortured myself for ages before finally working up the guts to do it and I got good news!

You never know your luck

Truth, but I have e-mailed them before and got the usual reply with the 'don't e-mail us again', smashed on the end of it. I couldn't take the heartbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Are most of the posters on this board from Northern Ireland?

Cos just thinking I've never talked to a PSNI officer with a republic accent - any info on how many officers would be from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Cos just thinking I've never talked to a PSNI officer with a republic accent - any info on how many officers would be from there?

To the best of my knowledge the PSNI do not keep statistics on the nationality of officers/applicants , they do keep information on religion as we all know but I suspect there may be no hard data on exactly how many are from the Republic .

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

I drove outaof a petrol station late at night last week without my lights on. After 20 secs was flashed down by police. Was a Southern Officer, decent guy. Got breathalysed etc and my details checked. Nothing came of it etc.

I deal with cops a lot in one of my jobs and that is the only Southerner I have ever met.

Maybe some of them evolve into the Northern Accent. I cant wait to talk like Daniel Day Lewis.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dietcoke1

No info on exact amount but there are quite a few from the south. A few ex AGS also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

Silly, silly, silly... You manage to keep your job after an appeal and then you go and get caught in possession of drugs! Think some people would learn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12433166

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fingerbob

Anyone any idea what the situation on the recruitment freeze will be in the next few years? I applied when I was 18 a few years back, but decided I was too young and applied for a place at university instead. Graduating next year though and I'd say I'll probably apply again as soon as I can after that, but with the cuts taking place its a bit bleak looking, so was just wondering when anyone thought there might be another recruitment?

There been a few people asking this recently and the answer is...no one really knows. I've copied a reply that was posted a couple of days ago that sums it up.
    Delancey wrote: »
    Hmmm , the $64,000 question !
    At this time nobody knows for sure and there are rumours that suggest there will be no recruitment for the foreseeable future - on the other hand there are rumours that there will be a recruitment drive at an albeit slower rate then before. All we have at the moment is rumour - it is hoped that the position will become clearer in March when budgets , the future of 50/50 recruitment , etc , are decided.
    It is interesting to note that plans remain to commence building a new Emergency Services Training School shortly - grounds for hope I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

This question is not relevant to recruiting - but hopefully someone serving in PSNI could give me some advice......
    How do you report illegal parking (the dangerous type that could very well cause an accident), or who do you report it to?

Ring your local police station and explain the problem. They will send someone out to have a look at the problem and they will decide if an offence is being committed. They will then act if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Looks like I will have to go that route - there is no question regarding the offence - occupier of a property keeps parking on an area with white diagonal lines, it is on a bend very close to a busy junction and completely obstructs the view of drivers trying to turn right out of the junction.

They also park so far up the kerb that pedestrians can hardly squeeze through - and anyone with a pram etc has to go out and walk down a busy road around this car.

I don't really like the idea of going to the police about things like this but some people have blatent disregard for other road users and pedestrians even when asked politely not to park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

shampon wrote: »
    Maybe some of them evolve into the Northern Accent. I cant wait to talk like Daniel Day Lewis.:D

Like Gerry Conlon you mean. Daniel Day-Lewis has a soft spoken south of England accent in real life!

Well folks, some very good news for you all - PSNI are getting the extra £200million that they asked for! News of it just seems to be breaking...

http://www.u.tv/News/Extra-£200m-funds-for-dissident-fight/a26c1f46-206a-493f-819b-856887a22dab

Hopefully that means more recruitment for everyone and theres more of you coming to Garnerville... Guess we will have to wait and see whats announced. More money is certainly a good sign I would think!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

The outcome is never certain, but you would feel (hope? :P) the Police federation request about recruitment maybe acted on now.

All in all a positive development. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

The outcome is never certain, but you would feel (hope? :P) the Policing board request about recruitment maybe acted on now.

All in all a positive development. :D

What exactly was the police board request in regard about recruitment?

Advertisement