Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Spot on there. So many young peelers about I would say the average age is 30ish and unless people leave through other reasons then they probably won't have to worry about retirees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Work is not due to start until October 2012!!

Did you see the links to the plans/computer designed pics of the new college on another thread here in the forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Did you see the links to the plans/computer designed pics of the new college on another thread here in the forum?

I saw them somewhere and this thread is related.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055350928

This is a question that shield will probably be best situated to answer.

Does your completed medical and vetting lapse after 12 months or does it continue (does that make sense?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

No , medical and vetting lapse after 12 months unfortunately. As far as I know there was a time when people whose medicals were over 12 months old were asked to sign a form ( I suppose you could call it a Health Declaration ) and that was considered sufficient , however that is no longer the case and the medical must be repeated.

All back to square one alas.

• Advertisement

Delancey wrote: »
    No , medical and vetting lapse after 12 months unfortunately. As far as I know there was a time when people whose medicals were over 12 months old were asked to sign a form ( I suppose you could call it a Health Declaration ) and that was considered sufficient , however that is no longer the case and the medical must be repeated.

All back to square one alas.

I was afraid you were going to say that...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I was afraid you were going to say that...:(

Dont worry about it, just head out for a jog or a walk now and again and keep fit and don't be piling on the pounds haha ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dietcoke1

Dont worry about it, just head out for a jog or a walk now and again and keep fit and don't be piling on the pounds haha ! :P

Or you could take up rugby so when you join us you could play for the new PSNI/Garda team:)

Its not the passing the test again that worries me....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wannabecop

Dietcoke1 wrote: »
    Or you could take up rugby so when you join us you could play for the new PSNI/Garda team:)

heard about that thought its a great idea

• Advertisement

Evening all! Hows things? Anyone doing much (like doing any courses)while they wait for the next recruitment? Was thinking of getting some more classes on the licence myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Evening all! Hows things? Anyone doing much (like doing any courses)while they wait for the next recruitment? Was thinking of getting some more classes on the licence myself!

Well I was looking into courses when a friend of mine asked if I wanted to join a local sports team he coached as they were short of players. I agreed and well loved it. I don't have enough hours in the day for my job, the voluntary Rescue unit I'm with and now playing sports.

It was supposed to be a welcome distraction, but now I hang around with more serving, retired and wannabe PSNI officers than before I thought about joining!

haha there is no escaping the thoughts!!!!!

You still at the voluntary stuff then, I emailed them twice but they didn't get back to me, must not have reached the right person!

haha there is no escaping the thoughts!!!!!

You still at the voluntary stuff then, I emailed them twice but they didn't get back to me, must not have reached the right person!

Yeah still there, I have noticed a few struggling to get through on the email. There have been a few successes with the Belfast Team's facebook site. If you are still interested you should ask on there sometime.

Word on the street is, the NI prison service will open a recruitment process this week.

Might be of interest to some folk ;)

Word on the street is, the NI prison service will open a recruitment process this week.

It is tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Any word of the format for recruitment or who is running it, where do i sign up

NI prison service website, recruitment section. You can download the application form and post it off to the address mentioned. Has to reach them by the 2nd March. The application form seems pretty straightforward. Id say there will be more forms to fill in on the way. Wonder is their recruitment process as long as the PSNI.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'll just leave this here:

Goonerdee wrote: »
    NI prison service website, recruitment section. You can download the application form and post it off to the address mentioned. Has to reach them by the 2nd March. The application form seems pretty straightforward. Id say there will be more forms to fill in on the way. Wonder is their recruitment process as long as the PSNI.

• Advertisement

Shield wrote: »

LMFAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Shield wrote: »

I know it's in jest but perhaps a bit unfair to the job Prison Officers do. It's certainly not an easy one.

Good to see PSNI still spending plenty of money on a building they are planning to sell!

Good to see PSNI still spending plenty of money on a building they are planning to sell!

:confused:

on the grapevine-garnerville is currently/ or going to be getting more work done.

on the grapevine-garnerville is currently/ or going to be getting more work done.

Who knows what they are at... but the place is used for more than just new psni recruits so I guess they have to keep it to a certain standard.

You see the RUC grey landies in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The grey landrovers did in one sense really look the ' biz ' though Patten was scathing of them and it was one of his less well known recommendations that they be repainted and marked-up to be a little less ' hostile ' looking. I guess he was right.

• Advertisement

Quick question - if you are in the TA can you apply to join the psni?

Advertisement