Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

hey everyone, finally worked up the courage to make the call....can't believe it yet! Score was <25!!! Cloud 9 at the min!! :) well done to evryone who has scored well and i wouldn't give up yet to everyone else! This was my 3rd attempt and got better every time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Well i can see you all think highly of me. Mr Anderson, you should feel privilged to be meeting me. LOL. Jeysus i had about 10 pages to read there, cant even leave you lot for 2 hours at night but the smut continues, which subsequently shows that I am not to blame for it. I think Mr Anderson could be our latest smutmister!!!!

try 15 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

gaz1234 wrote: »
    hey everyone, finally worked up the courage to make the call....can't believe it yet! Score was <25!!! Cloud 9 at the min!! :) well done to evryone who has scored well and i wouldn't give up yet to everyone else! This was my 3rd attempt and got better every time!!!

Thats amazin! Well done you :D Under 25 :eek:,
    How come you havent got through before?

congrats everyone on the scores. i havent got the balleex to phone up really!!! i dont want to know. i think id rather wait on a letter

go for it Smyff, i was not going to ring up either, but bit the bullet and did. Feel much better for it now too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

smyff wrote: »
    congrats everyone on the scores. i havent got the balleex to phone up really!!! i dont want to know. i think id rather wait on a letter

I never phoned up either Smyff, i waited on them to call me lol! And they did!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

squirrel81 wrote: »
    go for it Smyff, i was not going to ring up either, but bit the bullet and did. Feel much better for it now too

You did brilliant chum Well done!!!!!!:D

as in you didnt get your medical or vetting and they rung you up with your merit number?

as in you didnt get your medical or vetting and they rung you up with your merit number?

No i got everything, i just waited for them to ring me up offering a place...and they did, i didnt wanna know my merit score to be honest!:cool:

haha. well, i dunno ive had nothing at all, so i think i could ring about the merit score. i might have some chance.

whats the number again, im too lazy to look through.

• Advertisement

haha. well, i dunno ive had nothing at all, so i think i could ring about the merit score. i might have some chance.

whats the number again, im too lazy to look through.

It's worth a shot though aint it?...It might just mak you feel that little bit better!

02890 650222 ask for recruitment. good luck!! :)

hmph. just gotta wait and see if i get a letter tomorrow. ill be a lucky ****er if i dont

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

hmph. just gotta wait and see if i get a letter tomorrow. ill be a lucky ****er if i dont

What letter? Did they not give you your merit number? :confused::confused::confused:

Do tell all....

MBC x (who is certain to get THE letter :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

my heart is still in my mouth! cant eat or nout!I think vetting-med is all can stop me now! I hope not lol....scared to even play footie tonight case I do any damage before I get a medical invite! lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Aww you mean no messing with other peoples heads in G'Ville :(

Keep your head up man, you're in with a shout too! just like the rest of yous!:D

Cheers mate, no, no mind games for this year! Need to wait till Nov now to see the breakdown of scores, because I'm going to have to improve on everything for C15!

know what you mean integra, im still all jittery :p got the incentive i need to get back in the gym now, havent been in 3 weeks! Need to get myself built up just in case all goes to plan and I actually pass the vetting and medical :eek: imagine it :D

What letter? Did they not give you your merit number? :confused::confused::confused:

Do tell all....

MBC x (who is certain to get THE letter :()

well i read here about the old "dear john" letters!

well i read here about the old "dear john" letters!

Oh lol I thought recruitment had told you the dear john's would be out tomorrow! They just told me they would be out soon.

MBCx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Guy's I've been watching the boards quite a bit today and seems to be a lot of good news flying about. Most of us seem to have scored very well. Must be something to do with the excellent advice on these threads.

A huge congratulations though for the likes of Gaz1234, Delta2783, Squirrel81, Integra1, Mark63 and MrFug. You guys are shoe-in's as long as you all pass the vetting and medicals. I wish you all the best of luck for those.

Condolences to those who didn't get what they were hoping for. Keep the chin up and keep plugging away. I failed the A/C at my first go and didn't score too highly at the second attempt either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Thanks Carlty same best wishes to you! I done ac last time for first time and was just below 500....now well below 200 with hard work and perseverance...I have applied 4 or 5times....keep at it guys!

Been watching boards to, good news is plentiful thankfully, great to see!

Long way to go yet but for me medical/vetting! nothing secured yet!

Condolences also to those re-applying etc...

cheers carlty, and well done yourself mate :D still cant believe it :) hoping medical and vetting goes smoothly, ( if the damn medical form ever gets to me) lol

Well, my goodness most of you lot have done soooo well. I can't believe all the great scores the boardies are getting. Congratulations you lucky people! While I am very pleased for you all it certainly makes me feel even more rubbish when I compare my ridiculously crap score :eek:
    Anyway lol, I will more than likely give it one more shot in C15 and will be watching to see how you all get on in the coming months. Enjoy the good news you got today. I, on the other hand might set up a thread for those like me (if there are any on here left) that haven't a hope in hell, unless a miracle were to happen of getting in this campaign and are awaiting the dreaded Dear John's and leave all you to celebrate in peace :D

MBC x :(;)

MBC, dont be too disheartened and so hard on yourself, you just never know! Keep the faith...

squirrel81 wrote: »
    MBC, dont be too disheartened and so hard on yourself, you just never know! Keep the faith...

Thankyou :) I am feeling OK now. Looking forward to the next campaign when I will have more of an idea what to expect and the timing would fit in better with the kids etc if I were to be successful.

Gotta look at the positives :rolleyes:

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

gaz1234 wrote: »

Under 25?? Holy **** well done mate. You'd give Ghandi a run for his money :).

Anyway, congrats. Out of curiosity, what was your merit placing the previous two campaigns you were in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

I, on the other hand might set up a thread for those like me (if there are any on here left) that haven't a hope in hell, unless a miracle were to happen of getting in this campaign and are awaiting the dreaded Dear John's

I'll 2nd that forum, give me something to keep reading on here :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

Well i got a crap place so at least i know i'm out of the running. The whole PSNI process sucks compared to the mainland forces. Over there you get told at each stage if you pass or fail and once you have passed your in. No merit lists, no waiting for news, straight to the point.
    Luckly I applied to a mainland force at the same time so if i pass everything i'm in.
    I better go get some customer service skills at mcdonalds, ready for c15....lol. Good luck to all those with good scores, enjoy the lengthy wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

Cheers MrFug, the first time i never even passed the IST. I went into it far too complacent. The the last campaign I never phoned for my merit number but got a dear John. I just learnt alot from my first attempt at the AC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

regtgunner wrote: »
    Well i got a crap place so at least i know i'm out of the running. The whole PSNI process sucks compared to the mainland forces. Over there you get told at each stage if you pass or fail and once you have passed your in. No merit lists, no waiting for news, straight to the point.
    Luckly I applied to a mainland force at the same time so if i pass everything i'm in.
    I better go get some customer service skills at mcdonalds, ready for c15....lol. Good luck to all those with good scores, enjoy the lengthy wait!

Yup. We have quite a unique situation in good old Norn Iron.
    Am waiting for GMP to open up applications but my heart is here and this is really where I want to be a policewoman.

Just gotta grit your teeth and bear it!!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement