Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

integra1 wrote: »
    I didn't realise you get letters saying to be patient etc???

its just a letter to say that the process is ongoing, and to contact them if theyre is any changes in your personal circumstances and let them know immediatley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Thanks for th info given

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Well i've just had my other half on the phone to tell me that I have a letter from a PO Box.... yikes, got him to open (he took soooo long getting the bloody thing open!) Well, good news, not a Dear Joan! Instead, I assume (or at least I hope!) a round-robin letter telling me I am being processed (oo-er;)) & asking nicely not to ring up recruitment asking for information! Poor folk up there are likely being tormented by all us keen wannabes dying for info.

Has anyone else received this?

Yes I got this letter this morning too - and was definitely expecting it to be a Dear John, so was actually quite pleased to find it was, what I guess, is a standard letter :rolleyes:.

Even though my merit number was rubbish I'll still hold on to a tiny bit of hope for a miracle until the fat lady is posted singing through my letterbox :D

MBC x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Is everyone getting this letter or just those who havent had anything since AC pass letter?

I've had vetting so wondering if I'm getting one or not? Not that it matters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

Is everyone getting this letter or just those who havent had anything since AC pass letter?

I've had vetting so wondering if I'm getting one or not? Not that it matters!!

If i remember correctly, I had the vetting too and I don't remember getting a letter of this sort...just had a hoke through all of my letters regarding C13...and nope no letter like the one that's being described. ;)

• Advertisement

If i remember correctly, I had the vetting too and I don't remember getting a letter of this sort...just had a hoke through all of my letters regarding C13...and nope no letter like the one that's being described. ;)

Ah just popped home for lunch and post hasnt been yet.

And you may have noticed that PYG cant hold her water so yes I did say what I said and I didnt mean it about the most wanted poster LOL

Ah just popped home for lunch and post hasnt been yet.

And you may have noticed that PYG cant hold her water so yes I did say what I said and I didnt mean it about the most wanted poster LOL

You lost me at "Hello" LOL!:p

Yes I got this letter this morning too - and was definitely expecting it to be a Dear John, so was actually quite pleased to find it was, what I guess, is a standard letter :rolleyes:.

Even though my merit number was rubbish I'll still hold on to a tiny bit of hope for a miracle until the fat lady is posted singing through my letterbox :D

MBC x

Told ya chuck - chin up!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 downboy

downboy wrote: »
    How did you apply to a mainland force at the same time as the psni? i've just been checking around (my merit number's at the lower end of borderline) and you are only allowed to apply to one UK force at a time.

Oh, and for anyone else thinking of applying to a mainland force i've just been speaking to lothian and borders. the lady said that if you get rejected from the psni you have to wait a year to apply to them but if you withdraw from the psni (before you get rejected, poss in my case) you can apply straight away to them. i guess this is the same for other forces too. Does anyone have any experience or information on this?

What I'm really trying to say is... 'wouldn't all you lovely non RCs with merit numbers lower than 220 like to join the mainland police? it's easy, just ring up consensia and withdraw and you can apply straight away! Off you go now...make that call!';););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

How did you apply to a mainland force at the same time as the psni? i've just been checking around (my merit number's at the lower end of borderline) and you are only allowed to apply to one UK force at a time.

Oh, and for anyone else thinking of applying to a mainland force i've just been speaking to lothian and borders. the lady said that if you get rejected from the psni you have to wait a year to apply to them but if you withdraw from the psni (before you get rejected, poss in my case) you can apply straight away to them. i guess this is the same for other forces too. Does anyone have any experience or information on this?

Hi

Looked into that myself before the merit scores come out, basically same thing applies to all forces in England, Scotland & Wales. If you withdraw from PSNI you can apply straight away. Good thing with Scottish police is that you know every step of the way during the recruitment whats happening, and there are interviews as well as tests and fitness so be prepared for those! (brother is in Scottish police force thats how i know all this!!)

Hope this helps a wee bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

this rule of only applying to 1 force at a time only applies to home office forces i.e. england and wales, and it only exists because they have a national assessment centre so if you applyed to a couple of forces and had a couple of a/c's you would go into it knowing the answers at some point.

in theory you can apply to psni, a scottish force and 1 welsh/english force all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I got one of those letters as well. Thank gawd it wasnt a 'dear john'

I never got one of those letters today, never knew they did that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

integra1 wrote: »
    I never got one of those letters today, never knew they did that...

I didn't get one either. I was advised on the phone that my name was forward for a medical, so maybe I'll get a medical letter instead? Has any one that got a medical letter got one of those other letters? Suppose maybe they're sending them out over a few days. Something that crossed my mind is the 'wasteage or 'excess' that they keep in the pool in the off chance they'll need them, get holding letters, where as the likely successfull applicates get medical dates? Who knows... I'm just rambling on here!

kelso69 wrote: »
    I didn't get one either. I was advised on the phone that my name was forward for a medical, so maybe I'll get a medical letter instead? Has any one that got a medical letter got one of those other letters? Suppose maybe they're sending them out over a few days. Something that crossed my mind is the 'wasteage or 'excess' that they keep in the pool in the off chance they'll need them, get holding letters, where as the likely successfull applicates get medical dates? Who knows... I'm just rambling on here!

I didnt get one either. Perhaps they're sent out in batches over a few days.

PYG got one and she scored better than me so I dont think its your theory Kelso!! Sorry!!!

I didnt get one either. Perhaps they're sent out in batches over a few days.

PYG got one and she scored better than me so I dont think its your theory Kelso!! Sorry!!!

Ah don't say that, I thought I was on to something clever. :D

Maybe itjust takes longer for othes to recieve their post?...For all you know mate, you could be opening it tomorrow!!

Maybe itjust takes longer for othes to recieve their post?...For all you know mate, you could be opening it tomorrow!!

Yeah I said that already.
    Suppose maybe they're sending them out over a few days.

:P

Whoops sorry to have burst your macho man bubble!!!
    ( Kidding! )

Yeah I said that already.

:P

Ahh i feel so blind now Kelso lol!!:o

• Advertisement

Ahh i feel so blind now Kelso lol!!:o

Ha ha, no problem. I call home every day to check for post, so I'll let you guys know when I hear either way!

Ha ha, no problem. I call home every day to check for post, so I'll let you guys know when I hear either way!

Good stuff mate, hope you get some good news soon too!!:D

Good stuff mate, hope you get some good news soon too!!:D

I'm expecting things for me could go either way, but I'll keep my hopes up untill I hear either way for sure!

yeah Kelso, keep us posted when you get medical letter as loads of us still waiting patiently!:rolleyes: cheers matey!

also anyone know what way the intakes will work for c14, starting and when each will follow the previous etc -roughly just??? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

I got one of those letters today also and I prevously got the letter about the medical for next week, if that helps

Mark63 wrote: »
    I got one of those letters today also and I prevously got the letter about the medical for next week, if that helps

Yes that helps! Thanks. Well I'll probably get one of those letters this week (hopefully that rather than a Dear John!) then a medical letter soon...

Yes that helps! Thanks. Well I'll probably get one of those letters this week (hopefully that rather than a Dear John!) then a medical letter soon...

I hope nobody on here gets a dear john letter...lets go for a clean sweep!! :D
    I seriously wish you all the best, and I mean that!

I'll second that, clean sweep be awesome!:D

also anyone know what way the intakes will work for c14, starting and when each will follow the previous etc -roughly just??? cheers

Intakes anyone as above? thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Integra1
    when i asked they said dec, but not sure whether thats just the phonecalls will start then. Any word on ur medical yet?

Advertisement