Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

no nothing yet my friend? you? thanks for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

yup next week....panicking about it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

lolli-j wrote: »
    yup next week....panicking about it a bit

Why? Have you been getting flu remedies from mates or smoking dodgy roll-ups???? :D:P

carlty888 wrote: »
    Why? Have you been getting flu remedies from mates or smoking dodgy roll-ups???? :D:P

nope my only dodgy remedies involve tequila :D but it seems honestly impossible that everythings not going too bad so far....something has to get in my way!!!

good for you hope it goes well. I forgot you had told me yours was soon lol....let you know when my med invite comes....fingers crossed....lol

• Advertisement

yea me too lol going to have to have a very quiet weekend and a bit....wouldn't want to fail when they find more alcohol than blood floating around my body lol

Beware the lemsnort!!

Beware the lemsnort!!

Thanks carlty888....just laughed coffee all over my keyboard!!!!

Thanks carlty888....just laughed coffee all over my keyboard!!!!

My sincerest apologies. :D

Don't be worrying about the med. You'll only get your blood pressure up. Relax and try to enjoy it. The guys carrying out the tests are all really nice, so you can have a bit of craic (not crack) with them.

How'd you fare in the merit list?

Lem - snort is a whopper! lol....

the things you hear on here eh Cartly lol?

• Advertisement

My sincerest apologies. :D

Don't be worrying about the med. You'll only get your blood pressure up. Relax and try to enjoy it. The guys carrying out the tests are all really nice, so you can have a bit of craic (not crack) with them.

How'd you fare in the merit list?

good good....though i'm generally too laid back about things so maybe do me no harm getting stressed lol

Wellllllll i dont want to get my hopes up but pretty well i think...what about yourself??

good good....though i'm generally too laid back about things so maybe do me no harm getting stressed lol

Wellllllll i dont want to get my hopes up but pretty well i think...what about yourself??

Somewhere between 100 and 200. I'm happy with that. :D

I've passed the medical, so that only leaves the drugs test (to the best of my knowledge I'm clean) and the vetting to potentially trip me up.

integra1 wrote: »
    Lem - snort is a whopper! lol....

the things you hear on here eh Cartly lol?

I'd love to take the blame for that one, but credit goes to Penis Eye.

Somewhere between 100 and 200. I'm happy with that. :D

I've passed the medical, so that only leaves the drugs test (to the best of my knowledge I'm clean) and the vetting to potentially trip me up.

Well got somewhere below 100 which completely shocked me :eek:

As far as i know i'm clean....stayed well away from the pesky lemsnort! So hopefully med will go ok. Cant see a prob with my vetting seeing i've been at 1 address forever!!

How soon after the medical do you get results??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

As far as i know i'm clean....stayed well away from the pesky lemsnort! So hopefully med will go ok. Cant see a prob with my vetting seeing i've been at 1 address forever!!

Should be within 2 weeks lolli...i got mine a week and a bit later so it shouldn't be that long!!

Sounds to me like your well in lolli, excellent merit score and vetting shouldn't take that long either! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Mr.Anderson, did you get the results from your drug test as well? Or is a pass a pass for both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

bobbin88 wrote: »
    MrAnderson, did you get the results from your drug test as well? Or is a pass a pass for both?

I passed the C13 medical, however i think the drug test is new for C14 (I only had to pee into a tube lol) so it may take longer to analyse. If you ask at the medical, the doctor should be able to give you an estimate of how long for you to recieve feedback, in my case it was within 2 weeks, but each case is different i suppose.

Have you had your medical yet, or are you waiting for a date for one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Received a letter this morning to say that I had reached the final stages of selection and to be patient and they would contact me when needed and that I MAY get vetted and medical, and not to contact them again. I think it is a slap on the wrist for calling up for my Merit number (800-900 RC).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

surfrunner wrote: »
    Received a letter this morning to say that I had reached the final stages of selection and to be patient and they would contact me when needed and that I MAY get vetted and medical, and not to contact them again. I think it is a slap on the wrist for calling up for my Merit number (800-900 RC).
    Everyone got one. I got mine today.
    I've had vetting.

Excellent score my friend. Looks like you'll be taking up residence at Hotel Garnerville (subject to medical/vetting etc). Congratulations.

How many times have you put yourself through this torturous recruitment system?

I did my medical on a Tuesday and got the pass letter through the door on the Saturday, so less than a week. If only the vetting was as quick. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I got letter too!
    I've had vetting and medical

I got letter too!
    I've had vetting and medical

It's just a stock letter that gets sent out to everyone. It's Recruitments way of politely saying "Look, we have all your details. When we know something new, we'll let you know. Now STOP PESTERING US!"

I wouldn't personnally be guilty of such a crime.... :rolleyes:

Excellent score my friend. Looks like you'll be taking up residence at Hotel Garnerville (subject to medical/vetting etc). Congratulations.

How many times have you put yourself through this torturous recruitment system?

I did my medical on a Tuesday and got the pass letter through the door on the Saturday, so less than a week. If only the vetting was as quick. :rolleyes:

Thanks! But dont want to get my hopes up yet....

This is my 1st time getting to this stage which is why i'm worried something will get in my way now!:( how many for you??

Oh thats really quick...thought they'd make us wait forever for results.

Thanks! But dont want to get my hopes up yet....

This is my 1st time getting to this stage which is why i'm worried something will get in my way now!:( how many for you??

Oh thats really quick...thought they'd make us wait forever for results.

That'd be sod's law.

This is my third time applying. Failed the A/C the first time and didn't score high enough the second. Third time lucky???

That'd be sod's law.

This is my third time applying. Failed the A/C the first time and didn't score high enough the second. Third time lucky???

Awe u definately deserve to get in then!!

Any ideas when they start the C14 intake? I was told Dec but that cant be right as there seems to still be C13ers getting 'the call'!

Awe u definately deserve to get in then!!

Any ideas when they start the C14 intake? I was told Dec but that cant be right as there seems to still be C13ers getting 'the call'!

There are plenty of people who have been trying for much longer than me without any success. Whoever gets in deserves it.

The first intake for C13 was in January 08 (if I remember correctly). There were still people being brought in for C12 at the time, so don't be surprised if December 08 and January 09 intakes have a mixture of C13 and C14 recruits.

There are plenty of people who have been trying for much longer than me without any success. Whoever gets in deserves it.

The first intake for C13 was in January 08 (if I remember correctly). There were still people being brought in for C12 at the time, so don't be surprised if December 08 and January 09 intakes have a mixture of C13 and C14 recruits.

Its definately a frustrating system all in all.

Well hopefully the vetting/medicals go well for everyone, wouldn't be too nice for that to trip any of us up now

Its definately a frustrating system all in all.

Well hopefully the vetting/medicals go well for everyone, wouldn't be too nice for that to trip any of us up now

Amen to that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

I got the 'Please don't pester us' letter today. :D

• Advertisement

I feel left out .....i want the 'pleae dont pester us' letter :(

Advertisement