Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

no prob, although did you withdraw from PSNI??

no i was turned down, i had passed everything then i got a letter saying that i was not right for the job due to points on my licence:(

so i thought ni try somewhere else

oh no way, thats horrible. well good luck with elsewhere, although will the same not apply throughout Scotland, Ireland etc

hopefuly not but by the time they do check some of the points will be gone, so i hoping again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

redsurfer wrote: »
    hopefuly not but by the time they do check some of the points will be gone, so i hoping again

If you dont mind me asking redsurfer when did you get the letter telling you that they wouldn't accept you because of your points and was that letter from vetting? Same thing happened me 5 years ago and I couldn't reapply until C14. So know how you feel.

hi owen

i got it over a month ago, are you in the psni now, sorry to hear you had the same trouble but it also nice to know that i not the only one out there

Definately good luck mate!!

hi owen

i got it over a month ago, are you in the psni now, sorry to hear you had the same trouble but it also nice to know that i not the only one out there

No mate just hoping to get in! This is the first campaign I could apply to since having my points.Im still in this campaign just waiting to hear about a med date and then I'll have to wait and see

just reread that last message owen, 5 years did they tell you to wait that long or was it your choice

• Advertisement

just reread that last message owen, 5 years did they tell you to wait that long or was it your choice

I was told to wait that long due to the reason for getting the points. Its a long wait when you really want the job!!!!!

dude that sucks,

did you apply for any other police forces

No mate wife has good job and kids a school here, so didn't make sense to move across the water for me.

that makes sence, do did you look into it, just fishing for some pointers, sure you know, was thinking if points hold me back i may join the army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 downboy

hi redsurfer
    i was told by a scottish force yesterday that if i get rejected from the psni i have to wait a year before applying (6 months for an english force) but if i withdraw i can apply straight away. not sure what to do as i'd say my merit no is borderline.

hi
    thanks for the info,

i m applying my case with the pnsi and am waiting to see how it go, wondering do now if i with draw my apply will it count as a rejection or will i be ok to apply, if any one out there now can they please get back to me asap.

hi
    thanks for the info,

i m applying my case with the pnsi and am waiting to see how it go, wondering do now if i with draw my apply will it count as a rejection or will i be ok to apply, if any one out there now can they please get back to me asap.

hey, only know this as i was going to withdraw just before the merit scores came out but i called Lothian and the nice rec lady there told me once i withdraw i can apply right away if i was rejected it would only be a 6 month wait before i was able to apply to them. So maybe you'll have to wait out the 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

how bad guys would the points need to be for them to refuse you does anyone know? cheers.... sorry to hear about others who have been failed on these grounds....

i was afraid of that, a well have to get a job in the alps for over winter:cool:

my points are very high, 10, that what did it for me, do some be coming off in april , i would say if yopur below 8 your grand, but remember that just my uneducted guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

It looks like it's the number of times you've been convicted as opposed to the number of points on your license.

This is taken from the Consensia website;

Motoring Offences

The following applicants will not be considered further:
    • (a) those who have been convicted of causing death by reckless (or dangerous) driving;
      (b) anyone who has received more than one period of disqualification from driving;
      (c) until 5 years has elapsed since conviction for any of the following: No Insurance; Dangerous Driving; ‘Hit and Run Accident’ offences; Drink Driving offences; Driving Whilst Disqualified; Taking a Vehicle Without Authority; Vehicle Interference and associated ‘Permitting’ offences; Forgery of Documents;
      (d) has been convicted on three or more occasions arising separately of any other offences under the Road Traffic Orders or any equivalent offences elsewhere within 5 years from the date of application.
      (Fixed Penalty Notices may be taken into consideration when the attendant circumstances indicate a blatant disregard for the law).

thanks for the info. would u know does the same do for mainland police or is each area a bit different

thanks for the info. would u know does the same do for mainland police or is each area a bit different

I would have thought that they'd all be much the same. Can't say for sure though.

If I remember correctly, you're losing most of your points (and occurances) in April, so you should still be ok for PSNI C15.

hope so lad, points last three years and come 09 i losw a lot of them but i still under the 5 year thing:mad:

hope so lad, points last three years and come 09 i losw a lot of them but i still under the 5 year thing:mad:

It depends what you were stopped for. The five year ban only applies if you were stopped for any of the following;
    • No Insurance
    • Dangerous Driving
    • ‘Hit and Run Accident’ offences
    • Drink Driving offences
    • Driving Whilst Disqualified
    • Taking a Vehicle Without Authority
    • Vehicle Interference and associated ‘Permitting’ offences
    • Forgery of Documents

none, one set of points i got for not wearing my seat belt as i poped down to the local shop, and the other 4 sets were for speeding

none, one set of points i got for not wearing my seat belt as i poped down to the local shop, and the other 4 sets were for speeding

In that case you should be grand for C15. :D

hope so, its april c15 is open yea ?

The Consensia website states that they don't have any dates scheduled for the next campaign, but the rumours suggest March/April 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

hi peeps, hope you're all keeping well and not demented (yet :P) by this whole thing. PYG you mentioned something about ringing up to see if they had received your vetting as it hadnt been sent recorded delivery. Made me realise, I didnt send mine recorded either! So now Im thinking, what if they never received it?? :eek: :eek: Mad thinking I know, but this is what all this not knowin does to you!

Im heartfeared to ring up after that sternly worderd letter last week :o

Advertisement