Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

See inside the vetting it also said that a 1st class stamp wouldnt be enough and i put like 80p postage on it and was worried that they didnt get it. I dont want to start a mass ringing session to recruitment/vetting but if your worried ring up and ask for someone from vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

See inside the vetting it also said that a 1st class stamp wouldnt be enough and i put like 80p postage on it and was worried that they didnt get it. I dont want to start a mass ringing session to recruitment/vetting but if your worried ring up and ask for someone from vetting.

You have started to freak me out abit but dont want to ring up and bother the nice people in rec. I think it said that about the stamp because royal mail have changed their stamp prices with regards to size and weight. I hope that is the reason for it, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

just a little point to stop ppl worryin bout recorded delivery.. the address was a post box. u couldnt send it recorded delivery as there would be no one receiving at the other end.

least thats wot the P.O lady sed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

thanks penis eye, that will stop the worrying abit, for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Special delivery's the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

carlty888 wrote: »
    Special delivery's the way to go.

Thats maybe the one i meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

I sent mines non-anything-special. Then phoned vetting a week later to confirm that they had received it. The girl took my UID number and confirmed receipt. The whole thing took 2 minutes. Do it, put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

MrFug wrote: »
    I sent mines non-anything-special. Then phoned vetting a week later to confirm that they had received it. The girl took my UID number and confirmed receipt. The whole thing took 2 minutes. Do it, put your mind at ease.

I sent mine recorded delivery but that is not without its problems.The Royal Mail system doesnt recognise the PO Box Postcode. So then they ask you where its going.....luckily I was the only one in at the time.

A week later it still wasnt showing as delivered on the track and trace so I had to phone but they had it, the lovely woman on other end of phone took only ten seconds to put her hands on it. Phew!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Thats maybe the one i meant.

I sent mine off recorded and the following day or so it was showing as signed for/delivered. I have since cleared vetting, so they did get it okay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

Congrats on the 1000th post in the general thread MGH :D

• Advertisement

Griffer2 wrote: »
    Congrats on the 1000th post in the general thread MGH :D

Why thank you!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

so rang about whether my vetting had been received, it had :P was put on computer 1st August...im in for a looong wait :o

Remembered the other day about a guy at my AC who told me he was in the top 25 last time round. And it was his 4th time going for it, I couldnt do it. Must have been vetting or medical holding him back. He's probably numero uno on this merit list :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

talk about old school

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHLEm9-0bg

you guys need to take a break for a day or two. all you do is post!

smyff wrote: »
    talk about old school

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHLEm9-0bg

you guys need to take a break for a day or two. all you do is post!

pot kettle black. You have 82 posts, 10 more than me :p

squirrel81 wrote: »
    pot kettle black. You have 82 posts, 10 more than me :p

is that a song? lol. not anymore!!! its changed! whats bad about that?!

is that a song? lol. not anymore!!! its changed! whats bad about that?!

how would that be a song??! What sorta shi** do you listen to man? Oh aye, forgot, sca sca scatman :p Nah, cheers for that dude, that wee vid cheered me up on a ***dull*** mornin at work :D be da bo, likin it.

lol. ands heres another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmBaRAj7FU

brings tears to my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

lol. ands heres another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmBaRAj7FU

brings tears to my eyes.

i remember the dance!!

that has made my afternoon lol

la da di da da da da dadi da da dum. Lovin it :) i wore my hair like whigfields for that whole summer, oh the class :o

hhahhaa. its hard to tell whos guys and whos girls on this forum. then again, a lad can have long hair!!!

i remember these songs like it was yesterday. even though im 18, 19 in 3dayS:D. running around when i was in primary school. i miss my youth already!

love this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAjg414LWCY&feature=related

lmao. you ran about with 4 pigtails for the whole of the summer? shes hot like isnt she. never actually watched the vid.

• Advertisement

oh yes, 4 pigtails indeed. I was with it :p That was 1st form, and, yep Im all girl. Though a fella with whigfield hair, i would love to see :D

hhahhaa. its hard to tell whos guys and whos girls on this forum. then again, a lad can have long hair!!!

i remember these songs like it was yesterday. even though im 18, 19 in 3dayS:D. running around when i was in primary school. i miss my youth already!

love this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAjg414LWCY&feature=related

lmao. you ran about with 4 pigtails for the whole of the summer? shes hot like isnt she. never actually watched the vid.

oh Sash! have you heard a new wee song out at the mo sampling encore en fois? nothing beats the classix :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Tune!

Here's a whopper guys....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2syiIGRsyvI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Love old tunes!

integra1 wrote: »
    Tune!

OOOH!! Think we will have to go dancing on our next night out!!!

I feel sooooo old now tho...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

OOOH!! Think we will have to go dancing on our next night out!!!

I feel sooooo old now tho...:(

How old are you?

integra1 wrote: »
    Tune!

YES

and shes 28 ;) (in your good books?!) did you listen to this stuff years ago mrsgenehunt?! anyone remember the spice girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

YES

and shes 28 ;) (in your good books?!) did you listen to this stuff years ago mrsgenehunt?! anyone remember the spice girls

Remember? I've been trying my hardest to forget them! They came back again last year like a bad dose

JVB wrote: »
    Remember? I've been trying my hardest to forget them! They came back again last year like a bad dose

lmao. i was staring straight at my question n didnt realise that you had answered. man, i remember for my bday one year i got a brand new tape player and the spice grils "if you wanna be my lover" tape and i was sitting having a dump listening to it and the tape got chewed. and i cryed hahahaha. my mum n dad thought i fell down the toilet but i just stood there with the broke tape :|

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

lmao. i was staring straight at my question n didnt realise that you had answered. man, i remember for my bday one year i got a brand new tape player and the spice grils "if you wanna be my lover" tape and i was sitting having a dump listening to it and the tape got chewed. and i cryed hahahaha. my mum n dad thought i fell down the toilet but i just stood there with the broke tape :|

See exactly! They are verbal laxatives. At least your tape player had the sense to chew them up. I remember when my brother got the Bros tape and wouldn't let me tape it incase it wore out his copy! That is sad!

Advertisement