Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

JVB wrote: »
    PSM ;) Hey how's you? I think you have nothing to worry about fitness levels. 3 times a week at the gym will be more than enough for G'ville. Spinning as an alternative to running is good as it reduces impact on the joints. I would suggest a couple of runs before G'ville to get the specific muscle groups firing again. You seem to have a good mix of cardio and musculoskeletal enhancement (weights :rolleyes:) whilst pilates provides excellent core stability. Although I'm pretty astounded that you can run 10k in 8 mins!!! :D:eek::D A typo me thinks :D

Anyways, you'll be fine.
    Yeah, 10k in 8mins, I'd so beat Paula Radcliffes ass at her NYC marathon, wee buns to me and my astonishing speedy gonzales feet!!!!! Think if i attempted a 10km run now I'd lose my breakfast, dinner and lunch! Better get myself some new runners then! Any excuse to go shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

10k in 8 mins!!! Wow puts my running to shame, used to think my 7.42 for a mile and a half was quick. You'd have been a champ runner in the RAF! Think my best 10k in the northern Ireland cross country champs was about 32 mins and I finished 4th :( peggy, u wanna train me?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

1979SD wrote: »
    As this is my first post as a new member i'll apologise now if i'm on the wrong thread! I've got a few questions to pose so all information will be greatly apreciated from any of you........ Does anybody know the score regarding transfering a military pension over into the PSNI? I'm sure if lucky enough to be selected all my questions will be answered at a later date - but it's good to have a heads up if poss. I've served for around 9/10 years and am wondering how many years this would equate to in the PSNI, even if someone can send me a link i'll happily trawl through the info myself.
    Secondly........ where can i find more info relating to the PSNI recruit training - namely how long is it, is it all residential, what's the format.... etc.
    Sorry to be so nosey what it being my 'first time' and everything! However, you folks seem to be in the know!
    Seriousley, any info on the above would be great and the very best of luck to all of those currently applying, i've been watching this board for a couple of months now and am also going through the stress of waiting and hoping!!
    Many Thanks Again

Answered via PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

regtgunner wrote: »
    10k in 8 mins!!! Wow puts my running to shame, used to think my 7.42 for a mile and a half was quick. You'd have been a champ runner in the RAF! Think my best 10k in the northern Ireland cross country champs was about 32 mins and I finished 4th :( peggy, u wanna train me?:)

I couldn't train you for that sort of speed now! Got rid of the go-go gadget running shoes ages ago! Should have reread that posting before putting it on the board! Am just managing under 10min miles at the min but that's on the treadmill, so am sure am not as quick as that!

7.42 min for a mile and half, now that's pretty impressive!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

obama for president :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

just needed to screammmmmmmm this process is soooooooo frustrating

i cant cope lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

just needed to screammmmmmmm this process is soooooooo frustrating

i cant cope lol

There there. Just let it all out of your system. :D

i know thats it, just ring someone in recruitment and say ok, you have all the numbers, you know what the 50;50 merit list is, do u think im in for a chance or not

would be great wouldnt it??

i think it would take a lot of tension of people in here

im gunna be devasted now if im wastage going right through to the very end ya no??? i would prefer they didnt put you right throught unless they had a place for you, and then id anyone drops out fails vetting/medical,

then its your turn lol

grrrrrr im driving myself mad today lol

i know thats it, just ring someone in recruitment and say ok, you have all the numbers, you know what the 50;50 merit list is, do u think im in for a chance or not

would be great wouldnt it??

i think it would take a lot of tension of people in here

im gunna be devasted now if im wastage going right through to the very end ya no??? i would prefer they didnt put you right throught unless they had a place for you, and then id anyone drops out fails vetting/medical,

then its your turn lol

grrrrrr im driving myself mad today lol

Take some Lemsnort™ It'll help with the stress, but it might screw with your SMT.

lemsnort hahahaha that always brings a smile to my face

• Advertisement

lemsnort hahahaha that always brings a smile to my face

Yeah. You and a lot of other people. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

carlty888 wrote: »
    Yeah. You and a lot of other people. :D:D

MGH - 100% Lemsnort free!!! :)

MGH - 100% Lemsnort free!!! :)

We'll wait to see the results of your SMT before we pass judgement. :D

One test one is POSITIVE one would pass!!!! ( or sorry, progress to the next stage in!!!! )

Fingers crossed we get the MHQ.:rolleyes:

Funny girl. :D

I heard about you abusing the guy who tried (and failed) to sell you drugs on the first night out with the boardies, so I guessed you'd be alright.

Funny girl. :D

I heard about you abusing the guy who tried (and failed) to sell you drugs on the first night out with the boardies, so I guessed you'd be alright.

LOL I gave him short shrift alright!!

Cant be doing the drug thing at all. One of my pet peeves:mad:

LOL I gave him short shrift alright!!

Cant be doing the drug thing at all. One of my pet peeves:mad:

Mine's the wee bits of paper you get in boxes of Nurofen.

Mine's the wee bits of paper you get in boxes of Nurofen.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

the waiting is a nightmare! lol

:p

Why, when I open a box of painkillers, is it always there? It's never at the other end. :mad:

It's a bit like the question, "why does toast always land butter-side-down?"

nickni wrote: »
    the waiting is a nightmare! lol

I guess if anyone knows this, you do. Seven times!!! :D

It's clear you want in. Either that or you have some kind of fettish for long, drawn-out recruitment campaigns.

Good on ya for persevering! :D

• Advertisement

just testing - got told off for my sig of the psni logo being too big, hope this is better!

just testing - got told off for my sig of the psni logo being too big, hope this is better!

It's a little more subtle. Less brash, but it still screams "Recruit Me!!!!"

I like it.

it worked!:D

Less brash, but it still screams "Recruit Me!!!!"

So does hammering on the gates of GV til my knuckles are raw but that hasnt worked so far.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

surfrunner wrote: »

Just makes me even more determined.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Thanks for that SurfRunner! youve just provided me with an excellent source for my dissertation :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Glad to be of service!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

scary. but then every one who applies for the police shud no its not a walk in the park. That constable was incredible lucky to live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

regtgunner wrote: »

10K in 8 minutes???????:confused::eek::confused: Isn't that like 60mph? Or am I totally getting confused?

MBC x (who was happy to run 5K in 31 minutes :eek::D

Advertisement