Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

10K in 8 minutes???????:confused::eek::confused: Isn't that like 60mph? Or am I totally getting confused?

MBC x (who was happy to run 5K in 31 minutes :eek::D

10k in 8 minutes is 75k per hour which is roughly 47mph!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

"You can’t make police officers redundant, let’s be clear about that,” said Sir Hugh.

“I will do everything I can to maintain the police numbers, the problem is that with such a large part of your budget being police pay it has to be looked at -– and the only way you could reduce that is if you stopped recruitment.”

Not looking good for further recruitment:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

10k in 8 minutes is 75k per hour which is roughly 47mph!

Should have used rough paper to work that one out :D

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

start, type "calc", input numbers lol.

does anyone live near the valley park in glengormley, which funnily, is near the best pub in the world...? or run at the belfast playing fields in mullask???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I was on the phone to recruitment on thursday and my merit score hasn't changed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

smyff wrote: »

does anyone live near the valley park in glengormley, which funnily, is near the best pub in the world...? or run at the belfast playing fields in mullask???

Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Where's Mullask?????

JVB wrote: »
    Why do you ask?

im just wondering how many miles or K that one lap of a given area of it is. like the big loop, not the ducks. ive went on google earth and measured it with a ruler on my screen but it just doesnt work. i get 1200yards

and mrsgenehunt i meant mallusk, sorry. always spell it wrong. its in newtownabbey, near the hightown road, where the big post office place is!

im just wondering how many miles or K that one lap of a given area of it is. like the big loop, not the ducks. ive went on google earth and measured it with a ruler on my screen but it just doesnt work. i get 1200yards

and mrsgenehunt i meant mallusk, sorry. always spell it wrong. its in newtownabbey, near the hightown road, where the big post office place is!

Where all the big Henderson lorries live!!!!

OOh I dont go there....I hear they eat their young in North Belfast....LOL
    Kidding!:D

• Advertisement

lol yes, up there.

well i guess its lucky for me, i live about 2 metres outside north belfast then :P

theyd end up having to throw me to the dogs any way. mostly bone. with a big fat head haha

lol yes, up there.

well i guess its lucky for me, i live about 2 metres outside north belfast then :P

theyd end up having to throw me to the dogs any way. mostly bone. with a big fat head haha

Come and live in the leafy East.....tis luverly here.

Come and live in the leafy East.....tis luverly here.

East... Yeast :cool:

indeed. thats the best i can come up with.

East... Yeast :cool:

indeed. thats the best i can come up with.

Give it some more thought. I'm sure you can improve!;)

I was on the phone to recruitment on thursday and my merit score hasn't changed :(

Why, have you since invented a time machine, travelled back to your AC date and improved on your score? :D

carlty888 wrote: »
    Why, when I open a box of painkillers, is it always there? It's never at the other end. :mad:

It's a bit like the question, "why does toast always land butter-side-down?"

Lol carlty. As Lee Evans said, 'why do people say when you're looking for something, and eventually find it, "it's always in the last place you look!" Of course if f*cking is, you don't find what you're looking for and keep looking in more places do you?' Funny guy him. Very sweaty too :D

Why, have you since invented a time machine, travelled back to your AC date and improved on your score? :D

Yeah something like that, smart 4$$!!!!!!!!!!!:p

:eek:
    Lol carlty. As Lee Evans said, 'why do people say when you're looking for something, and eventually find it, "it's always in the last place you look!" Of course if f*cking is, you don't find what you're looking for and keep looking in more places do you?' Funny guy him. Very sweaty too :D

Sweaty! I'll say!!!

Saw him at the Oydessey....unbelievable!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

I do. Are you a girl? If so we can meet up and go running together... but only if you wear those tight cycling shorts and keep a few paces ahead of me. :P

It's been a while since the thread had some smut :( MGH has lost it. :P

Seriously though, I have no clue how many K those circuits are. My dog covers them pretty easily and she is 4 1/2 stone :D

lmao jvb

• Advertisement

MrFug wrote: »

I HAVE NOT!!!!!!!!

TITS!

MrFug wrote: »
    I do. Are you a girl? If so we can meet up and go running together... but only if you wear those tight cycling shorts and keep a few paces ahead of me. :P

Seriously though, I have no clue how many K those circuits are. My dog covers them pretty easily and she is 4 1/2 stone :D

lmfao. hahahaha i laughed so hard at that. not as hard as you would be if i was a girl though. sadly, for you i am not lol. but i could still do it, if thats your thing ya know lol. your crazy haha.

haha do you run with the young dog. i went out earlier and did 2 laps of it, i could have well done more but i hadnt ran in a week i had a hidious cold, and some mad nights out on the raz.

i was thinking of jogging a given distance, then walking back. takes me about 22minutes to run round the valley 3 times on a ok day. then work out the distance using good old SPEED = DISTANCE/TIME.

but then thats using my brain :)

lmfao. hahahaha i laughed so hard at that. not as hard as you would be if i was a girl though. sadly, for you i am not lol. but i could still do it, if thats your thing ya know lol. your crazy haha.

haha do you run with the young dog. i went out earlier and did 2 laps of it, i could have well done more but i hadnt ran in a week i had a hidious cold, and some mad nights out on the raz.

i was thinking of jogging a given distance, then walking back. takes me about 22minutes to run round the valley 3 times on a ok day. then work out the distance using good old SPEED = DISTANCE/TIME.

but then thats using my brain :)

You'd do better to use your feet.....

i dont get it lol. just one of those days.

you mean measure my stride and then how many footsteps i take? depends on the face that i run at.

Yeh same as MrFug smyff, I don't know how far it is. I would guess approx 3/4 mile (same as your 1200 metres) i could throw a stone into the valley park from my front door tho (ok maybe not, but I'd give a go :D)

I run the gauntlet through glengormley (the coldest place on earth) and do either a 4 1/2 or 7 mile circuit.

MrFug. I'm a man before you ask and noooo lycra in my clothing collection ;)

Yeh same as MrFug smyff, I don't know how far it is. I would guess approx 3/4 mile (same as your 1200 metres) i could throw a stone into the valley park from my front door tho (ok maybe not, but I'd give a go :D)

I run the gauntlet through glengormley (the coldest place on earth) and do either a 4 1/2 or 7 mile circuit.

MrFug. I'm a man before you ask and noooo lycra in my clothing collection ;)

B*lls!!! What about the black mesh number you wore the first night we went out?!

sorry smyff, what does 'imao' mean? I don't really do text speak.

*let the slating begin of techno hermit JVB* :D

Yeah something like that, smart 4$$!!!!!!!!!!!:p

You talking about those tight trousers again lol (woohoo, text speak) :p

sorry smyff, what does 'imao' mean? I don't really do text speak.

*let the slating begin of techno hermit JVB* :D

LMAO - laughing my ass off
    ROTFLMAO - rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
    IMHO - In my humble opinon
    FYI - For your information

Jaysus, c'mon JVB - I'm older than you!!!!!!!!!!!:p

But FYI, PSNI has banned text speak tho he seems to be on sabbatical from us these days, so WTF!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

B*lls!!! What about the black mesh number you wore the first night we went out?!

Lent it to Mark Foster for his 'Strictly' routine and the b*stard never returned it :(:p

Advertisement