Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

C15 see ya there:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

What! are you not still in this current campaign?

Yeah i am, but highly unlikely that i have scored well enough, just have that feeling

you've lost that loving feeling, ohhhhh that loving feeling, you've lost that loving feeling now its gone gone gone...

Dont be talkin that negative jibba jabba on here anymore you are going to sail through this time. Any word on medical date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

redsurfer wrote: »
    hi all

i just want to thank everyone in here for all the help they have given me in trying to get into the psni. this morning i got a letter telling me that i was turned down due to the fact that i have 10 points on my licence. no excuse. i plan to appeal this decision do i not hold out much hope. i will lose 2 sets of points in April 09. so im hoping that i may be back placed to some time after that. otherwise i plan to do it all over again.

again thanks for all the info and laughs

redsurfer, that's a pretty rough. Good luck with your next app ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Yeah i am, but highly unlikely that i have scored well enough, just have that feeling

Your ar*e!!!!!!!!!!

Nope GCBC no med date for little old me!!!!:mad::(

Ps- whats that song you were singing?

Oh and MGH- you left out a vital word in that post of yours!!!!

this is a general question so ill put it in here. When calling a number for eg. 028 945 88921 and then it says extension 77281... what exactly do you press on the phone, i imagine once you ring the first set of numbers it will begin ringing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Ps- whats that song you were singing?

The Righteous Brothers - Youve lost that lovin feelin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

this is a general question so ill put it in here. When calling a number for eg. 028 945 88921 and then it says extension 77281... what exactly do you press on the phone, i imagine once you ring the first set of numbers it will begin ringing :D

You ring the first number (eg. 028 945 88921) and then ask whoever answers to put you through to extension (77281).

Don't forget to say please and thankyou. :D

• Advertisement

Thanks carlty, was going to ring it and replace the 5 numbers with the extension. I still havent mastered the telephone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Telephones can be tricky. All those buttons..... and the voices..... Don't start me on the voices. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

thanks all, bring on C15:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

arghh.....

i got done for speeding tonight - 47 in a 30 zone. i had been working all day and just wanted to go home :(.

will the ensuing 3 points on my license make a difference to my application? i feel like a total tosser!

Have you sent your vetting away yet?

I dont think 3 points would stop you getting in, redsurfer had 10 and got turned down but 3 might be ok, still not 100% sure though, PSNI would know better

havent recieved vetting forms yet. so no.

will i give recruitment at psni a ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

havent recieved vetting forms yet. so no.

will i give recruitment at psni a ring?

thats so unfortunate about the points:( i wouldnt bother, apparently the 2nd bunch of forms are being sent out soon, so those like ourselves will no where we stand in the campaign! if you were to ring they would probably just tell you that, they wouldnt comment on whether or not your going to get vetting forms...

oh sorry wasnt being very clear - i meant should i ring them to ask about the points. but now i come to think of it, i know someone who is starting in january and has 3 uk points on their license so maybe im alright.

god damn them eagle eyed peelers!! im deffers not joining traffic branch if i get in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

arghh.....

i got done for speeding tonight - 47 in a 30 zone. i had been working all day and just wanted to go home :(.

will the ensuing 3 points on my license make a difference to my application? i feel like a total tosser!

I recieved 3 points about 5 years ago. When i went down to the station to leave my licence in the officer said that 3 points is not a big deal as anyone can get 3 points and she had 3 of her own to prove it.

I think 3 points will be fine, any more could be a problem. As for driving convictions effecting your application its things like TWOC, drink driving, death by dangerous driving etc

Its so hard, i have turned into driving miss daisy since the start of C14.

i seriously wouldnt worry to much, but i would be keeping a clean slate from here in onwards missy;)

• Advertisement

you wee rascal

haha :pac:

well i consider myself throughly chastised. ive only just stopped crying. :) im such a knob. hahaha oh well. i would just feel like a complete tool if i got through everything to have my now unclean license trip me up at the last hurdle.

my license in unclean! that makes it dirty. ahahaha. i have a dirty license.

Has anyone rang about the merit scores today?

I know those who have rang (including myself) were told it would be the end of September before the merit list would be completed. I honestly dont see how it could take another 3weeks.

Roll on the old merit list!!:D

PS- maybe the end of September is the latest they have to work on them, so therefore they could be ready before that (here's hoping)

LOL PYG!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

Just bear in mind folks that ringing up constantly nagging them about the merit list will

1) not endear you to the people on the other end of the phone
    2) take the people at the other end away from other tasks such as sending out vetting forms, getting people vetted etc because they are busy telling 100 different people the same thing.

i know its easy for me to say because i've got my forms etc, but if you were told end of september, then wait until the end of september!

That's my wrists slapped!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

arghh.....

Sorry Suzie but has to be said, Why were you doing 47 in a 30 zone anyway ?
    just because you wanted to get home is no sort of answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I don't advocate speeding, but one of my co-workers said this a couple of weeks ago,
    "Nobody can say they don't have penalty points on their license because they're a great driver, it's just shear luck."
    Now although this isn't 100% true, it think it's fair to say we ALL make mistakes on the road from time to time and we're all lucky when we don't get caught making them.
    I drive for a living, and i haven't got one point on my license, but there's been times when i've caught myself on doing very stupid things and i've been very glad the police haven't been about to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

I'd have to agree Inspector, these things happen.

Suzie, don't stress about the points. You'll have to declare them on your vetting forms but we're all human. If you had re-offended and had 9 points for speeding, well then I guess that would display disregard for the law which would be quite different. Chin up ;)

this is a rather random to be posting on a PSNI thread, but did any boardsies go to see the micheal jackson tribute 'Thriller live'?? at the opera house! lol was that good went to see it twice and i cant stop thinking about it:D was just wondering if anyone else did to....

• Advertisement

hehe :rolleyes:

thanks for all your helpful comments (well, mostly) i have gotten over it slighty, still mortified though! i don't think it will affect my application, like my mum said, at least you know now what its like to be on the recieving end of the law!! so i will be considerate of people who i catch speeding if i get in, maybe give them a tissue when they start blubbing and then send them on their merry way.

just have to go surrender my license now......

Advertisement